Navy to Commission Attack Submarine Jimmy Carter

KarlMarx said:
Maybe it's me, but the irony of this is just too much....

The Attack Submarine Jimmy Carter????? I wonder if it will be in the shape of a peanut?

LINK

That's about as scary sounding as the Battleship Mr. Rogers or the Good Ship Lollipop!

Of course, it could be worse, it could attack sub Hillary Clinton (no, on second thought, that is scary!!!!)

LOL Attack Sub Jimmy Carter........I think other subs would just laugh and point :poke:

I feel sorry for the poor Bubbleheads that will have to serve on her. That boat will have a pox on it from the beginning.

web_050203-N-0000B-001.jpg

The Seawolf-class nuclear-powered attack submarine Jimmy Carter (SSN 23), underway during sea trials. The sub is one of three in its class. The others are the Seawolf and the Connecticut. These three are the most capable attack subs in the world and among the most complex machines ever constructed. The Seawolf-class was discontinued because it was deemed to expensive. Attack subs of the Virginia-class are currently under construction. Each Virginia-class sub will cost at least $1.6 billion.

virginiaSub.jpg

SSN774 Virginia

1D, your right in posting the pics, because as much as the name may ring untrue in the minds of others, it is a pretty sweet attack sub, and in fact the name doesn't faze me at all given the capabilities of this vessel are bar none unparelled in underwater warfare.

As long as this bad motherf*cker raises our old Glory I'll salute it.:salute:

Agree with Comrade. Just wish they hadn't named it with an oxymoron!

I think I get it!

They named it the Jimmy Carter because they're planning to give it away.

Note to Domino and Comrade: Listen here you wankers, we were having a lot of fun with this till you two wet blankets came along and peed in the cornflakes. Get with the program! :slap:

Forum List

Back