Navy to Commission Attack Submarine Jimmy Carter

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Maybe it's me, but the irony of this is just too much....

The Attack Submarine Jimmy Carter????? I wonder if it will be in the shape of a peanut?

LINK

That's about as scary sounding as the Battleship Mr. Rogers or the Good Ship Lollipop!

Of course, it could be worse, it could attack sub Hillary Clinton (no, on second thought, that is scary!!!!)

Nuclear Attack Sub Jimmy Carter, huh?

Will its crew take it and go around to nations that don't like us and say, "Hey, if you promise not to use it against us in any way....wanna drive it?"

Gem said:
Nuclear Attack Sub Jimmy Carter, huh?

Will its crew take it and go around to nations that don't like us and say, "Hey, if you promise not to use it against us in any way....wanna drive it?"
Just wait until they build the carrier USS John Kerry...they wont know which direction to drive it in....probably just do a bunch of going forward a few feet and then backing up a few feet.

And dont forget the Hillary Clinton main Battle tank for the Army....big, overweight, and loud...and not much else.

KarlMarx said:
Maybe it's me, but the irony of this is just too much....

The Attack Submarine Jimmy Carter????? I wonder if it will be in the shape of a peanut?

One the one hand, Carter *was* a nuclear engineer for the Navy on a sub.

On the other hand, why don't they just re-christen the USS Thresher after him?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
One the one hand, Carter *was* a nuclear engineer for the Navy on a sub.

On the other hand, why don't they just re-christen the USS Thresher after him?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Andy

Wouldn't he be better suited to a Green Peace ship?

Future News Story:

The Green Peace Cruiser Jimmy Carter today was seen off the coast being hosed down by the US Navy as they protested the testing of Sonar Communications systems which they believe cause whales to beach themselves....

The attack sub "Jimmy Carter". . . indeed. That's like naming a convent after Bill Clinton. Or buying a chihuahua and calling it a doberman. Or sending a frenchman to teach a course on ethics.

Merlin1047 said:
The attack sub "Jimmy Carter". . . indeed. That's like naming a convent after Bill Clinton. Or buying a chihuahua and calling it a doberman. Or sending a frenchman to teach a course on ethics.

Or sending an Englishman to teach a course in cooking...

A

He had an honorary membership to a tribe (same tribe that gave an honorary membership to Bill Clinton). My guess is they thought, 'hey, we can put in our brochure that we have a diverse campus with Native Americans on staff....excellent." And didn't give it much thought past that.

Gem said:
He had an honorary membership to a tribe (same tribe that gave an honorary membership to Bill Clinton). My guess is they thought, 'hey, we can put in our brochure that we have a diverse campus with Native Americans on staff....excellent." And didn't give it much thought past that.

The problem is three PhD Native Americans applied for the position at the same time he applied. He was less qualified on all accounts yet he got the job.

In internal e-mails they make it clear he got it for his Native status, which we now find was simply fabricated.

Jimmy Carter Attack Sub Armed with Nerf Missiles
by Scott Ott

http://www.scrappleface.com/ (Satire)

(2005-02-16) -- The U.S. Navy on Saturday will commission its newest nuclear-powered attack submarine, the Jimmy Carter, with many new features, including multiple-warhead Nerf missiles.

President Carter, who brought peace to the middle east, vigorously defended America's right to give away the Panama Canal and, in 1994, convinced North Korea to abandon talking about its nuclear weapons, said he's honored to have his name on "one of the most powerful peacemaking devices on earth."

Jimmy Carter is the first of the American Seahare-class subs, featuring a high-tech sonar system which alerts enemy forces to its presence and a safety device on the Nerf missiles which allows firing only after an enemy missile impact.

"This new generation of nuclear submarines is designed to use trust in our enemies as our first line of defense," said an unnamed Navy spokesman.

President Carter has invited leaders from North Korea and Iran to the commissioning ceremony, during which former First Lady Rosalyn Carter, in a time-honored Navy tradition, will give the first order to "man our ship, bring her to life then park her over there by the dock!"
-

USS Jimmy Carter on sea trials:

peanutsub.jpg

Missile launch:

paci-fistmissile.jpg

LOL - this has turned into a thread that should have gone to the humor section.

But I did learn something. I thought Jimmy was dead. I had heard a rumor that upon conclusion of the Demo convention, Michael Moore ate him.

Merlin1047 said:
LOL - this has turned into a thread that should have gone to the humor section.

But I did learn something. I thought Jimmy was dead. I had heard a rumor that upon conclusion of the Demo convention, Michael Moore ate him.

It started as a thread that shoulda been in the humor section! lol

Just the idea of an "attack" sub being named after Carter is hilarious!

Forum List

Back