Navy SEALs:assault charges for capturing most-wanted jihad terrorist

Could a moderator merge these threads?

Are SEALS not allowed to punch terrorists? I am confused by this. Should they just shoot them in the head?

Did you forget that America is a nation of cowards?

1aaaholder.jpg

the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004.
Is this the extent of the man's crimes? If so, how does this constitute "terrorism"?

Assuming this guy did not also mastermind the killing of many more Iraqis, as most the insurgency seemed to concentrate on (rightly fearing solely fighting US military) this would still be a war crime.

And if you do not want to call it a war crime, then we can just call the bastard, totally fucked.

Last edited:
sent to secure the weapons of mass destruction..that were not there......
A lot of people thought they were there...thanks to Saddam Hussein wanting them to think they were there. They could have been there when the shit hit the fan. They could have been moved to Syria.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

no the intelligence said they were not there.. weapons inspectors doubted it..the Intel was manipulated to create the illusion that a lot of people said they were there and if your illogical logic is carried through then we best invade Syria... just in case
They may have been moved already. Just think...some WMD could be in cargo containers bound for anywhere on earth.

They aren't being charged for capturing the terrorist and shame on FOX for pretending that they are.

They are being charged with making false statements and mistreating a captive...though from the article we don't really know what they did.

The military has a code of conduct and has every right to enforce it.

And these Seals certainly know what the code of conduct is.

And how funny that this is Obama's fault...I never remember Bush being blamed for charges of military misconduct during his term.

They aren't being charged for capturing the terrorist and shame on FOX for pretending that they are.

But give the Obama administration time and soon they will be.!!!!:eusa_shhh:

They are being charged with making false statements and mistreating a captive...though from the article we don't really know what they did.

And how funny that this is Obama's fault...I never remember Bush being blamed for charges of military misconduct during his term.

A fat lip versus being burned then hung from a bridge? Obama is trying to bring back the pre 9/11 posture. He IS ultimately responsible as CINC for this.

The charges are a candy assed attempt at PC during WAR.

A fat lip versus being burned then hung from a bridge? Obama is trying to bring back the pre 9/11 posture. He IS ultimately responsible as CINC for this.

The charges are a candy assed attempt at PC during WAR.
:lol:There's nothing candy-ass about a military code of conduct, retard.

Unfortunately, the news article doesn't have enough detail to draw any conclusions about who's being charged for what.

There are two possible scenarios:

1. During the "snatch and grab" operation, Navy SEALS roughed up Abed. If this is the case, then the charges are completely unfounded. SEALS are, for lack of a better word, the Pentagon's hit team. When Navy SEALS show up, a bad guy is going to die. However, if the mission is to snatch and grab a bad guy, then the bad guy is going to get roughed up. These are not men who give a flying crap about the Marquis of Queensberry rules or who have been schooled at the Emily Post Institute for Etiquette. I am supremely confident that the Navy leadership clearly understands this.

2. Abed was roughed up during custody after he was captured. If this is the case, then the charges are valid and warrant full investigation and punishment under the UCMJ. SEALS are professionals and must be held to that standard. Otherwise, they're no different than the al Qaida scum and other third rate bullies who profess to be "warriors." I tend to believe this to be probably what happened because of the nature of the charges. The charges are failure to protect a detainee and making false statements (as well as the catch-all dereliction of duty). This suggests that the SEALS successfully captured Abed and, once in custody, physically abused the prisoner. This is unacceptable behavior by any standard. Navy SEALS are the equivalent of the double O's; they are licensed to kill. But with that license comes a high standard of professionalism. They are not paid to get emotionally involved with their targets.

We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
As Commander in Chief (God I still chuckle when I call him that) Obama really needs to step in and stop this entire situation in it's tracks.

Were the SEALS wrong? Morally IMO, no.

However, if in fact they broke any regulations (which has yet to be proven) there are (were) various very simple and internals ways to deal with this and the infraction (if any) is honestly very minor.

This is more of this political correctness Bull Shit and to hang this PC crap around the necks of our men and women in the military is taking us down a very dangerous path and greatly weakens the defense ability of this nation.

So let's see what, if anything Obama does to address this. So far his track record in standing behind his own, is very poor and that is being polite.

Mike

As Commander in Chief (God I still chuckle when I call him that) Obama really needs to step in and stop this entire situation in it's tracks.

Were the SEALS wrong? Morally IMO, no.

However, if in fact they broke any regulations (which has yet to be proven) there are (were) various very simple and internals ways to deal with this and the infraction (if any) is honestly very minor.

This is more of this political correctness Bull Shit and to hang this PC crap around the necks of our men and women in the military is taking us down a very dangerous path and greatly weakens the defense ability of this nation.

So let's see what, if anything Obama does to address this. So far his track record in standing behind his own, is very poor and that is being polite.

Mike
Obama is out of the loop. The unit CO is out of the loop. The accused exercised their rights and opted for a courts martial. The UCMJ will take care of this matter in it's own way.

Funny how you accuse others of twisting things around, yet that is what you are doing so it fits your bias agenda!

Mike

Funny how you accuse others of twisting things around, yet that is what you are doing so it fits your bias agenda!

Mike
What are you talking about?

Forum List

Back