Navy SEAL advises Americans on whats best self defense/martial art to learn vs modern evil people

Carrying a gun is a good thing, provided one is well-trained as to not only how but when to use it. Cops can get away with shooting someone defensively (or allegedly so) mainly because cops are required to take a defensive stand in combative situations. Civilians are not.

In most states, a civilian is permitted to use lethal force only if there is no opportunity to "retreat" to avoid violent confrontation. The only exception to this rule I am aware of is Florida because of its ground-breaking Stand Your Ground law.

So with that singular exception, a civilian who carries and uses a gun had better be ready to explain why he/she had absolutely no means of retreating from the threatening situation and there was no alternative but to use lethal force against a menacing aggressor.

I hate to break this to you, Mike but Stand Your Ground statutes exist in many more States than just Florida...

- See more at: States That Have Stand Your Ground Laws - FindLaw

Carrying a gun is a good thing, provided one is well-trained as to not only how but when to use it. Cops can get away with shooting someone defensively (or allegedly so) mainly because cops are required to take a defensive stand in combative situations. Civilians are not.

In most states, a civilian is permitted to use lethal force only if there is no opportunity to "retreat" to avoid violent confrontation. The only exception to this rule I am aware of is Florida because of its ground-breaking Stand Your Ground law.

So with that singular exception, a civilian who carries and uses a gun had better be ready to explain why he/she had absolutely no means of retreating from the threatening situation and there was no alternative but to use lethal force against a menacing aggressor.

I hate to break this to you, Mike but Stand Your Ground statutes exist in many more States than just Florida...

- See more at: States That Have Stand Your Ground Laws - FindLaw

Mike has proven he has almost no clue about the law or law enforcement. 99% of his knowledge he has comes from watching "COPS". Seriously.

So....excuse him for not knowing Florida is NOT the only no - retreat required state. Far from it. In South Carolina you can shoot someone for simply trying to steal property from you.

Forum List

Back