Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

I've seen three of these videos, I'm yet to see anything in them that would convince me that this Officer should have lost his command.

But something no one has mentioned. There was a JAG officer that actually appeared in one of the videos. And nothing came of it 4 years ago.

I wonder if the person or persons responsible for pushing this now were even on board the ship 4 years ago when these videos were shown.

I also remind you the entire purpose of the videos were to help keep up moral during deployment. And that using DADT as a backdrop at that time would be as acceptable as using the Haircut regulation.

This video has been out for 4 years and nothing was said about it then? It makes a person wonder why it's a bad video now?

The Military has gotten more and more conservative over the years, a friend of mine joined the Air Force in 1988 and he told me back than the base used to hire strippers to come perform at the base club every Friday, it was even so lenient than smoking weed would just get out a Letter of Counseling. Now its completely different, in order to have a more family friendly image the Military has chased the strippers out of the club and if you get caught smoking weed they will throw your ass in jail, zero tolerance for drug use. The same thing with this, with the whole DADT hoopla, this video is a problem now because of all the gay bashing in the video, action had to be taken.

The Military has gotten more and more conservative over the years, a friend of mine joined the Air Force in 1988 and he told me back than the base used to hire strippers to come perform at the base club every Friday, it was even so lenient than smoking weed would just get out a Letter of Counseling. Now its completely different, in order to have a more family friendly image the Military has chased the strippers out of the club and if you get caught smoking weed they will throw your ass in jail, zero tolerance for drug use. The same thing with this, with the whole DADT hoopla, this video is a problem now because of all the gay bashing in the video, action had to be taken.

We had a term for those days when there were strippers in the clubs...

......................................................... The good old days. :razz:

>>>>

Last edited:
I've seen three of these videos, I'm yet to see anything in them that would convince me that this Officer should have lost his command.

But something no one has mentioned. There was a JAG officer that actually appeared in one of the videos. And nothing came of it 4 years ago.

I wonder if the person or persons responsible for pushing this now were even on board the ship 4 years ago when these videos were shown.

I also remind you the entire purpose of the videos were to help keep up moral during deployment. And that using DADT as a backdrop at that time would be as acceptable as using the Haircut regulation.

This video has been out for 4 years and nothing was said about it then? It makes a person wonder why it's a bad video now?

he told me back than the base used to hire strippers to come perform at the base club every Friday, it was even so lenient than smoking weed would just get out a Letter of Counseling.

I was robbed When I was in Germnany they never sent in any strippers. The most we got was some second rate band.:(

We had a term for those days when there were stippers in the clumbs...

......................................................... The good old days. :razz:

>>>>

Hell Yeah it was, I came in 2000 I totally missed out on the golden days.

he told me back than the base used to hire strippers to come perform at the base club every Friday, it was even so lenient than smoking weed would just get out a Letter of Counseling.

I was robbed When I was in Germnany they never sent in any strippers. The most we got was some second rate band.:(

My friend was at Travis Air Force Base in Cali, maybe they didn't do that in Germany??

My friend was at Travis Air Force Base in Cali, maybe they didn't do that in Germany??

Well they had a stripper at a little hole in the wall off base at camp bullis but that was army, but nope they did not send any strippers to Spandalhem

Well they had a stripper at a little hole in the wall off base at camp bullis but that was army, but nope they did not send any strippers to Spandalhem

Probably up to the base commanders discretion, either way no base is doing anything like that anymore.

I remember a certain colorful Chief of Staff who hired strippers to work at the O Club. His philosophy was simple: "if you won't fuck, then you won't fight." Well, eventually command rotated him out and replaced him with a Bible-thumper. The strippers went away, there were curfews imposed, especially on the officers, and the new Chief of Staff poked his nose into everything. After a while, things evened out.

By the way, the strippers and hookers never really went away. They were just redeployed to an alternative "command post." The behavior never changed, it was just less obvious. But everyone knew what was going on. And perhaps that was the intent all along: put it back inside the closet and not have it so much out in the open.

Having been an officer all my career, I'll just say that this "officer and a gentleman" bullshit is just that. It's bullshit. Nothing wrong with that. Eventually, some of you holier-than-thous will realize that true gut-carving combat requires officers and leaders who are not gentlemen and can make hard, necessary decisions that get very unpleasant tasks completed in the name of the national interest.

"Conduct unbecoming" is what happens when you piss the wrong people off.

He goes on to use a derogatory term for gays and tells his critics: "This evening, all of you bleeding hearts ... why don't you just go ahead and hug yourselves for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended."

The guy must have wanted to get 86'd.

What an incredibly stuipd thing for a captain of a ship to tell his crew in THIS society.

I finally saw the video, albeit heavily edited.

I saw nothing wrong with it. I thought it was hilarious. I thought it was rather tame compared to things I saw in the Army---and I'm including the shenanigans that go on during dining-ins. This is much-ado about nothing.

But, once it goes public, there has to be a fall guy, and Captain Honors is the fall guy.

Too bad.

By the way: he was XO at the time this video was made; XOs have a different role than the Skipper (Navy) or Commander (Army). I avoided XO duties because that is one tedious job racked with headaches. I preferred being the S3 (operations & training). More results-oriented and, IMHO, more satisfying. I mention this because I can clearly understand the XO and "Little XO" references. The humor was brilliant, and I can see how it was well-received by a majority of the troops who saw it. I can certainly appreciate this video as an effective morale-building stunt.

I see no controversy. I see no bad judgment. I just see a good officer caught in the crossfire of political correctness and having to pay the price for it.

Forum List

Back