Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

Maybe the Carrier should be renamed the "Love Boat". Pink would be a less aggressive color for it. Maybe we can get curtains that won't clash with pink, maybe we can replace all the big mean guns with Stereo Speakers and the Aircraft with Hot Air Balloons. There seems to be plenty of hot air around. Maybe the New Military can replace all the weaponry with surrender flags, knee pads, and sex toys, so Barry and his Klan will feel better about their sexual confusion, and lack of dignity and responsibility. Fuck You for over reacting.
btw...you sound like you are suffering from sexual confusion. :eusa_whistle:

:lol: Wanna bet? :eusa_whistle: I don't think it should have cost him his career Ravi. I don't condone much of what is changing with Our Military, DADT is the least of it. The future is looking more like Milo from Catch-22 to me, only Milo is being replaces by the new PC Term "State Capitalism". We are starting to look allot more like China. We are really getting good at the excuses too.

great movie, full of classic lines too. ;)

Get the time line straight, Samson. The tapes were made when he was the exec of the Enterprise during the second term of Bush.

pretty weird that he was given command years after these had aired.

i think he must have really pissed somebody off.

my neighbor had command of the abe lincoln, and he retired without getting his flag.

i know he pissed somebody off. :D

CO of the Lincoln and no star? Oh HELL YEAH he pissed someone off!!!!! :eek:

Get the time line straight, Samson. The tapes were made when he was the exec of the Enterprise during the second term of Bush.

my neighbor had command of the abe lincoln, and he retired without getting his flag.

he's a flag level asshole. typical fighter jock (read short man syndrome) :lol:

he said he retired to *be with his family* and then took a job that has him on the road 11 months out of the year.

i call him andy the asshole

he said he retired to *be with his family* and then took a job that has him on the road 11 months out of the year.

Really big watch, I bet. :lol:

lots of dials and shit, you betcha

lots of dials and shit, you betcha

Yeah, I was stationed at Miramar for a while...they were delightful with that attitude. I'd show up at the O Club in uniform with my wings and it was like I had leprosy.....women pilots were NOT amusing to them at all back then.

FWIW, I think Honors was a Naval Aviator as well.

It's not immediately known why the images are surfacing now. The Virginian-Pilot quoted anonymous crew members who said they raised concerns aboard the ship about the videos when they aired, but they were brushed off.

DADT...... what a great idea!

Sure..... our troops are ready for that step. :rolleyes:

When I first heard of this story thats the first thing I thought of:lol:

I'd have to see the video. Military humor is pretty ribal/gruff etc.. Wow, a mock rectal exam. catch me, I feel the vapors coming on... Stephanopoulos and Fox were whipping this up pretty good of course.

(AP) – 2 hours ago

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Videos just coming to light show the crew of a Navy aircraft carrier got an eyeful on shipboard TV: Gay slurs, suggestive shower scenes and mimicked masturbation in clips made not by some sailor run amok but by the ship's second-most powerful officer.

The Navy said Sunday it will investigate the "clearly inappropriate" videos shown through the nuclear-powered ship's closed-circuit television system as part of an onboard movie night. The star of the videos, made in 2006 and 2007, is Capt. Owen Honors, who now commands the USS Enterprise but was its executive officer — the second in command — when the videos were made.

The Norfolk-based Enterprise was deployed in the Middle East at the time the videos were made and is weeks from deploying again.

The Virginian-Pilot newspaper reported on the videos in its Sunday editions and posted an edited version of one video on its website.

It's not immediately known why the images are surfacing now. The Virginian-Pilot quoted anonymous crew members who said they raised concerns aboard the ship about the videos when they aired, but they were brushed off.

It's clear from the videos that Honors, who took over the ship's command in May, had already gotten complaints when some of them were made. "Over the years I've gotten several complaints about inappropriate material during these videos, never to me personally but, gutlessly, through other channels," he said in the introduction to the video posted by the newspaper.

He goes on to use a derogatory term for gays and tells his critics: "This evening, all of you bleeding hearts ... why don't you just go ahead and hug yourselves for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended."

Next comes a sequence of what appear to be outtakes in which Honors and others curse, followed by clips in which he and others are shown making hand motions that mimic masturbation.

Honors segues to the next segment by saying, "Finally let's get to my favorite topic ... chicks in the shower." Next are shown clips of pairs of women and a pair of men pretending to shower together. No nudity is shown, but the men's and women's bare shoulders imply they are nude.

Other clips in the video show a man in drag and a mock rectal examination.

more at-
The Associated Press: Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/?bctid=738212902001

He would be...traditionally CO's of carriers are.

prolly, not many black shoes get carrier commands.

this honors guy sounds like he was a pretty good officer in general.

I'd have to see the video. Military humor is pretty ribal/gruff etc.. Wow, a mock rectal exam. catch me, I feel the vapors coming on... Stephanopoulos and Fox were whipping this up pretty good of course.

(AP) – 2 hours ago

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Videos just coming to light show the crew of a Navy aircraft carrier got an eyeful on shipboard TV: Gay slurs, suggestive shower scenes and mimicked masturbation in clips made not by some sailor run amok but by the ship's second-most powerful officer.

The Navy said Sunday it will investigate the "clearly inappropriate" videos shown through the nuclear-powered ship's closed-circuit television system as part of an onboard movie night. The star of the videos, made in 2006 and 2007, is Capt. Owen Honors, who now commands the USS Enterprise but was its executive officer — the second in command — when the videos were made.

The Norfolk-based Enterprise was deployed in the Middle East at the time the videos were made and is weeks from deploying again.

The Virginian-Pilot newspaper reported on the videos in its Sunday editions and posted an edited version of one video on its website.

It's clear from the videos that Honors, who took over the ship's command in May, had already gotten complaints when some of them were made. "Over the years I've gotten several complaints about inappropriate material during these videos, never to me personally but, gutlessly, through other channels," he said in the introduction to the video posted by the newspaper.

He goes on to use a derogatory term for gays and tells his critics: "This evening, all of you bleeding hearts ... why don't you just go ahead and hug yourselves for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended."

Next comes a sequence of what appear to be outtakes in which Honors and others curse, followed by clips in which he and others are shown making hand motions that mimic masturbation.

Honors segues to the next segment by saying, "Finally let's get to my favorite topic ... chicks in the shower." Next are shown clips of pairs of women and a pair of men pretending to shower together. No nudity is shown, but the men's and women's bare shoulders imply they are nude.

Other clips in the video show a man in drag and a mock rectal examination.

more at-
The Associated Press: Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/?bctid=738212902001

Yeah, he screwed the pooch on this one.

prolly, not many black shoes get carrier commands.

this honors guy sounds like he was a pretty good officer in general.

I will tell you something...being a good pilot doesn't necessarily make one a good officer....Duke Cunningham was a damn good fighter pilot.........but......

The vids would not have been inappropriate in my airborne infantry so many years ago. They are now in the culture of the USA and the evolving nature of our armed forces. Honors will sit down, not retire at flag rank, and be an example to others.

Evolving culture? indeed.....the ship will get under way, the crew will, off watch, seeking entertainment retire to their mess deck, rec. center, common area etc. flip on MTV or VH1 or HBO and see far worse than they saw in that video, and its all pointless and gratuitous to boot.

Evolving culture? indeed.....the ship will get under way, the crew will, off watch, seeking entertainment retire to their mess deck, rec. center, common area etc. flip on MTV or VH1 or HBO and see far worse than they saw in that video, and its all pointless and gratuitous to boot.

But that stuff will not be created by their XO/CO.

None of that invalidates my point or the lesson for field grade officers. The same type of bifurcation, as you glibly point out above, existed in 1948 and for almost 25 years thereafter concerning racial integration. This is little different.

Times change, Trajan.

But that stuff will not be created by their XO/CO.

*shrugs* with the willing, in fact by the looks of it hearty help from the crew....for as reason.

and here we are 4 years later.

I've seen three of these videos, I'm yet to see anything in them that would convince me that this Officer should have lost his command.

But something no one has mentioned. There was a JAG officer that actually appeared in one of the videos. And nothing came of it 4 years ago.

I wonder if the person or persons responsible for pushing this now were even on board the ship 4 years ago when these videos were shown.

I also remind you the entire purpose of the videos were to help keep up moral during deployment. And that using DADT as a backdrop at that time would be as acceptable as using the Haircut regulation.

I've seen three of these videos, I'm yet to see anything in them that would convince me that this Officer should have lost his command.

But something no one has mentioned. There was a JAG officer that actually appeared in one of the videos. And nothing came of it 4 years ago.

I wonder if the person or persons responsible for pushing this now were even on board the ship 4 years ago when these videos were shown.

I also remind you the entire purpose of the videos were to help keep up moral during deployment. And that using DADT as a backdrop at that time would be as acceptable as using the Haircut regulation.

This video has been out for 4 years and nothing was said about it then? It makes a person wonder why it's a bad video now?

Forum List

Back