Navy probes carrier officer's lewd onboard videos

I just can't see the 'harm' here. yea , it 'looks' bad. but I suspect he didn't have to twist any arms or coerce anyone on the video and although its his final responsibility I am sure he wasn't making the cam-corder.

We've come a long away from; 'When to comes to war or trouble they send for the sons-of-bitches' or some variation there of, Admiral E. King.

M'eh. For a senior officer, this is just a bad idea. I don't think it's any indication of a "softening" of our military. It's just that whole "officer and a gentleman" thing that they want you to portray. You can cut up, but there are limits. Showing two chicks in a shower is an exceedingly bad idea.

yea, I know.:doubt:

I just don't want to see a guys career blown up over what amounts to high schools pranks. He deserves his command.

In Trajan's Navy I'd call him in and chew his ass up one side and down another. Fine him good.

Move on.

Anyway, thats not all, I heard that several ranking flag officers were on board and saw the video too....ooops. For that alone he's through. They'll take him down on their way out.

I don't think he should lose his boat, but in the uber-competitive world of getting a star, this will end his career.

It was conduct unbecoming for an officer. If some swabby did it it would be a different story. And really how fucking stupid was this commander he should be canned for being a fucking idiot.

You'd think that military commanders under Barack Hussein would have more respect for Queers than to parody them.

....But then, you'd never expect one to give a Rolling Stone interview criticising the CINC....

And you wouldn't expect one Major Malik Nadal Hasan to murder 13 people at Fort Hood....

Yep, looks like the CINC is using all his experience as a community organiser keeping the US Military together.

I wonder what's happening about which we're NOT aware?

I must have missed Obama being President in '06-'07.

The point being that there's a heluva lot you miss:cuckoo:

Thanks for not making us guess.

:clap2:

M'eh. For a senior officer, this is just a bad idea. I don't think it's any indication of a "softening" of our military. It's just that whole "officer and a gentleman" thing that they want you to portray. You can cut up, but there are limits. Showing two chicks in a shower is an exceedingly bad idea.

yea, I know.:doubt:

I just don't want to see a guys career blown up over what amounts to high schools pranks. He deserves his command.

In Trajan's Navy I'd call him in and chew his ass up one side and down another. Fine him good.

Move on.

Anyway, thats not all, I heard that several ranking flag officers were on board and saw the video too....ooops. For that alone he's through. They'll take him down on their way out.

I don't think he should lose his boat, but in the uber-competitive world of getting a star, this will end his career.

agreed.

Is this a headline? What are sailors supposed to talk like, anyway?

Aircraft Carrier Commander Relieved of Duty After Airing Explicit Videos - FoxNews.com

Capt. Owen Honors was relieved of duty Tuesday as commander of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise after he broadcast sexually charged videos taken aboard the ship, the Navy announced.

The videos, distributed on closed-circuit television during 2006 and 2007 deployments of the USS Enterprise, the Navy's oldest nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, showed simulated masturbation, suggestive shower scenes with multiple women and gay slurs.

If he would have just made fun of straight white males, there would have been no problems

The Military used to be a place where you could get drunk, the base would have strippers come and perform at the NCO club during the weekends, hell you could even smoke weed and only get a letter of counseling. Now, the Military has frowned on drinking, chased all the strippers out of club and smoking weed will get you throw in prison, I am not surprised to see how they handled this Sailor.

The guy's a senior officer and probably should have known better.

Officer and a getleman and all that crap.

I understand Honors has been temporarily relieved. Those of who served in company and field grade slots know exactly what that means. His career is almost certainly over, he will not reach flag rank, and he will retire as a Captain (O-6) and go home.

You'd think that military commanders under Barack Hussein would have more respect for Queers than to parody them.

....But then, you'd never expect one to give a Rolling Stone interview criticising the CINC....

And you wouldn't expect one Major Malik Nadal Hasan to murder 13 people at Fort Hood....

Yep, looks like the CINC is using all his experience as a community organiser keeping the US Military together.

Ha ha...now, go back to thinking that Obama was Prez back when this happened. Let the educated adults carry on.

well hes out now. hes been relieved.

I wonders what going to happen at the next Cross the Equator ceremony? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's not immediately known why the images are surfacing now. The Virginian-Pilot quoted anonymous crew members who said they raised concerns aboard the ship about the videos when they aired, but they were brushed off.

DADT...... what a great idea!

Sure..... our troops are ready for that step. :rolleyes:

They ARE from 3-4 years ago...I think it had something to do with complaints back then being brushed off....like Tailhook...and the guy involved getting promoted to C.O. of the same ship.

(sorry that I didn't see this thread when I started mine)

They are from 4 years ago and you know as well as I the complaints weren't brushed off, just filed for future use. Well, the future is now and he's toast, his usefulness to someone(s) is up and someone(s) wanted him out of the way. But stuff like that never happens in real life so forget everything I just posted.... :lol:

Ha ha...now, go back to thinking that Obama was Prez back when this happened. Let the educated adults carry on.

If the educated adults carry on, then you'll need to find another thread:

It was conduct unbecoming for an officer. If some swabby did it it would be a different story. And really how fucking stupid was this commander he should be canned for being a fucking idiot.

....But then, you'd never expect one to give a Rolling Stone interview criticising the CINC....June 22, 2010

And you wouldn't expect one Major Malik Nadal Hasan to murder 13 people at Fort Hood....November 5, 2009

:lol:

Ravi, you make Truthmatters look like a genius.

girl-child-with-downs-syndrome-on-laptop.jpg

Get the time line straight, Samson. The tapes were made when he was the exec of the Enterprise during the second term of Bush.

This literally has nothing to do with DADT.

Good for you Capt Obvious!

Its my attempt at humor.... I just forgot to have 2 chicks in a shower!

My point is.... we have a bunch of young guys (and gals :rolleyes: ) on a big boat who at times act their ages.
The DADT remark was to highlight the fact that there will be horseplay and someone is going to get butt-hurt everytime. Now you will have these "ferries" who will get the wittle feewing hurt b/c someone made an immature remark directed at them.... Oh boo hoo....

The video was just for fun, and now some poor guy will get hung out to dry and made an example out of.

I have a feeling there are going to be alot of dudes getting in trouble for stupid assinine things like this more often now.

Welcome to the brave new "PC world" :doubt:
May I suggest you read up on Tailhook '91.

I have and it was bullshit!

Girls, IMO, dont need to be aboard carriers NOR submarines.

Sorry... that is just my opinion.

Forum List

Back