Navy plans to allow same sex marriage on bases.

I recignize the strips , and the American leagon turned all vietnam vet away in the 70s , as did the VFW saying it was notv a war then called us losers
you should know that .
and you said this board is for lifers ?
well then I don't belong here as I had a life .

but I'll leave you with this , in 68 I arived in Ank kea , then sent to Chon Tun ,out to D company just formed a few moth early from people of C , and A ,

there were 6 of us myself and a guy from Boston went to the same platoon , replacement for the killed guys before us , a year of the , An Kae Bamby tewey , we were in Cambodia boarder , then 69 to 70 10th aviation door gunner , first slicks then gun ship , blue star and jokers .

we support the Korean white horse division , I served in 9 different major companies .

you can look up where we were , what provinces .

you and high on crack have done nothing but attack me and then claim you respect vets ? the worst insult you could do is call a vet a liar . you where not there you don't know crap about me .
oh and look up when the American legion excepted vietnam vets , then call me a liar .
Dude, YOU are the one who started attacking service........And, it's none of your damn business whether someone has seen combat or not......What difference does it make?....If you served, you served.......If Ollie didn't serve combat time, so what?........Fact of the matter is, when serving, your life is on the line every day, for the simple fact that the shit can hit the fan at any given time. And lets not leave out the sacrifices a career soldier makes. Lets not forget the sacrifices of their families. It's not an easy life. It's not a stable life..........Did you see what happened in September of 01?..........I'm quite sure there was not a unit anywhere in this country that wasn't put on immediate alert......It could just as easily have been an attack by a foreign nation bent on war, using unconventional means.

So, you need to stand the fuck down.

ollie jumped on me and kept it up , they question my service , they followed my post to attack , sorry but I don't lay down for anyone , I gave them proof they can look up .

ollie tells me this is a lifer only thread ? ok ,
ollies full of crap well it was really an attack on me to say the American legion turned down applicant from viet nam vet in the 70s , he knew they did but went out of his way to slam me . so I slam back .as for lifers ? thats their choice as mine was to give 3 years , and I was slammed for that . it seem you just read a few post .
I'll leave the life thread , and they'll both attack me there , I have no respect for either and when they criticize combat solders ? screw your buddy's .

You really do believe that crap don't you? I suggest you go back through this thread and read it again. You started the shit. I pointed out that you were commenting on someones sig line. And I think with my experience in the American Legion I can tell you that you are full of crap. they have never turned down any Vietnam veteran who served honorably. Now knowing you from these few posts you might have been in an American Legion bar talking shit and cussing people out and they bounced your ass out of the bar. But they did not turn down a membership application because you were a Nam vet.

And I did not say this is a lifer thread. I do not even use the term.... That is a lower enlisted term that troops normally use as derogatory towards a career military person.
I said there was at least a half dozen careerists on this board. You don't even know who they are because some of them don't advertise it. Their choice.

You want to leave, get the fuck out. You want to act like a decent human being, that's fine too. But right now. you need help. Professional help...

Last edited:
I recignize the strips , and the American leagon turned all vietnam vet away in the 70s , as did the VFW saying it was notv a war then called us losers
you should know that .
and you said this board is for lifers ?
well then I don't belong here as I had a life .

but I'll leave you with this , in 68 I arived in Ank kea , then sent to Chon Tun ,out to D company just formed a few moth early from people of C , and A ,

there were 6 of us myself and a guy from Boston went to the same platoon , replacement for the killed guys before us , a year of the , An Kae Bamby tewey , we were in Cambodia boarder , then 69 to 70 10th aviation door gunner , first slicks then gun ship , blue star and jokers .

we support the Korean white horse division , I served in 9 different major companies .

you can look up where we were , what provinces .

you and high on crack have done nothing but attack me and then claim you respect vets ? the worst insult you could do is call a vet a liar . you where not there you don't know crap about me .
oh and look up when the American legion excepted vietnam vets , then call me a liar .
Dude, YOU are the one who started attacking service........And, it's none of your damn business whether someone has seen combat or not......What difference does it make?....If you served, you served.......If Ollie didn't serve combat time, so what?........Fact of the matter is, when serving, your life is on the line every day, for the simple fact that the shit can hit the fan at any given time. And lets not leave out the sacrifices a career soldier makes. Lets not forget the sacrifices of their families. It's not an easy life. It's not a stable life..........Did you see what happened in September of 01?..........I'm quite sure there was not a unit anywhere in this country that wasn't put on immediate alert......It could just as easily have been an attack by a foreign nation bent on war, using unconventional means.

ollie jumped on me and kept it up , they question my service , they followed my post to attack , sorry but I don't lay down for anyone , I gave them proof they can look up .

ollies full of crap well it was really an attack on me to say the American legion turned down applicant from viet nam vet in the 70s , he knew they did but went out of his way to slam me . so I slam back .as for lifers ? thats their choice as mine was to give 3 years , and I was slammed for that . it seem you just read a few post .
I'll leave the life thread , and they'll both attack me there , I have no respect for either and when they criticize combat solders ? screw your buddy's .
NO!......Ollie did NOT jump on you. You insulted his service, his rank, his membership in the Legion, etc.........He then RIGHTFULLY chin checked you.......I would have done the same damn thing, only I wouldn't have held back one bit.

Seriously man, just settle down. You'll have a lot easier time if you just slow down. You have a tendency to just go off, and go into immediate attack mode.

And it would behoove you to improve your posting style......Just slow down and think before expressing yourself....It would probably come out more clear and to the point....It's hard to decipher what you are trying to say at times.......And that's not meant as a put down.....Most people are not Hemmingway as it is.

you guys have quite a list of people you compared me to , you hate a lot of people , some of them mite have been vets too , law of avrage .
damn
still waiting for instruction , doant want to go after people enough for a expeltion . thats messy

Yanno..........SFC Ollie and I have had our differences on this board, and we've fought quite a bit.

However..........he is a retiree just like myself, and even though on occasion I needle him about his job, he sometimes needles me about mine.

However.........we BOTH respect the fact that the other served this country honorably. After he'd stated some stuff about himself, I asked a bit about what he did.

But I never denigrated his service.

I did however make some choice comments about his MOS, and he's done the same back.

Back off and stand the fuck down sinister59.

By the way........only 3 years? Did you sign up as an active duty reservist or did you get kicked out?

by saying if the government says you allow gays, you have nothing to say

it wasn't when they said interracial , they didn't when they said women , and I stand by the statement some said they would rape a woman if alone with her , I didn't
but still waiting to hear back from support to leave this board , I can't fined a thing to show me how .

truth hurts ? well crap .

Your only way off it to be PermaBanned, or just stop Posting. If you want to be Permabanned, send Me a PM and I will do it. You won't be able to get back on once this is done, so be sure of what you want.

how

Yanno..........SFC Ollie and I have had our differences on this board, and we've fought quite a bit.

However..........he is a retiree just like myself, and even though on occasion I needle him about his job, he sometimes needles me about mine.

However.........we BOTH respect the fact that the other served this country honorably. After he'd stated some stuff about himself, I asked a bit about what he did.

I did however make some choice comments about his MOS, and he's done the same back.

By the way........only 3 years? Did you sign up as an active duty reservist or did you get kicked out?
to late , ollie and crackhead have been dogging my post in more then one thread , they showed me I don't belong on this board , ollies a putts he has nbo idea of vet with 100% PTSD , he pushed and pushed , crackhead said I wasn't even a vet . that why I proved I am .
I'm working on a permanent ban I don't belong here you all showed me that .

now to figure out how to send a PM .

not good with computers .

to late , ollie and crackhead have been dogging my post in more then one thread , they showed me I don't belong on this board , ollies a putts he has nbo idea of vet with 100% PTSD , he pushed and pushed , crackhead said I wasn't even a vet . that why I proved I am .

How about you just stopping posting here instead of trying to get a permanent ban clown?

the army only enlist for 3 years , draftee's 2 , I have an honorable discharge , I've a ARCOM and Air medal , so no I was not kicked out , if I were I wouldn't get benefits or treatments .
you should know that .

good shot though

How about you just stopping posting here instead of trying to get a permanent ban clown?

you and ollie showed me I don't belong so ban it is .

seem the American legion hasn't changed since the 70s

I know your navy so understanding PTSD is beyond you or olies understanding or worth your time but you may well run into more of us , so have fun .

I know your navy so understanding PTSD is beyond you or olies understanding or worth your time but you may well run into more of us , so have fun .

Very well, you are one bat shit crazy out of sorts son of a bitch, and I really hope you get the help you so desperately need. :thup:

NO!......Ollie did NOT jump on you. You insulted his service, his rank, his membership in the Legion, etc.........He then RIGHTFULLY chin checked you.......I would have done the same damn thing, only I wouldn't have held back one bit.

Seriously man, just settle down. You'll have a lot easier time if you just slow down. You have a tendency to just go off, and go into immediate attack mode.

And it would behoove you to improve your posting style......Just slow down and think before expressing yourself....It would probably come out more clear and to the point....It's hard to decipher what you are trying to say at times.......And that's not meant as a put down.....Most people are not Hemmingway as it is.

you should try reading ALL the post have you , what fucking reason would I have to go after a SFC ? or anyone , I am mental but not that mental .
you don't have a clue on the fight , but here you say olie was nice . and he denied my service so fuck his . shit .and not this I never jumped on a persons grammar , I learned to read past that . he hasn't .

my whine is over .

Very well, you are one bat shit crazy out of sorts son of a bitch, and I really hope you get the help you so desperately need. :thup:

VA is taken care of that ,
people like you override the meds time to time , you got boy , just waiting to leave ass hole like you , I know the next vet that seen action will get fucked over by you and olie , can't worn them but with them better luck .

got your way , good for you .

You really do believe that crap don't you? I suggest you go back through this thread and read it again. You started the shit. I pointed out that you were commenting on someones sig line. And I think with my experience in the American Legion I can tell you that you are full of crap. they have never turned down any Vietnam veteran who served honorably. Now knowing you from these few posts you might have been in an American Legion bar talking shit and cussing people out and they bounced your ass out of the bar. But they did not turn down a membership application because you were a Nam vet.

And I did not say this is a lifer thread. I do not even use the term.... That is a lower enlisted term that troops normally use as derogatory towards a career military person.
I said there was at least a half dozen careerists on this board. You don't even know who they are because some of them don't advertise it. Their choice.

You want to leave, get the fuck out. You want to act like a decent human being, that's fine too. But right now. you need help. Professional help...

good by fat lady , and since your going to be leading the American legion you mite look up PTSD and learn to deal with us .
not that the legion has ever wanted us .

I see what you're looking for now.......you wanna be able to walk in the bar and act all pissed about you being too tough for USMB to handle you.

In other words, you're too much of a pussy and coward to take matters into your own hands, you'd rather someone banned you so that you could act like a martyr.

Tell ya what chumpsteak...........sit down, shut up and let the older members talk. You're just a n00b with no manners nor are you even housebroken.

Instead of getting pissed off because someone challenged you about your service, accept the fact that you were checked out and you made a mess all over the place.

How's about showing some military bearing and suck it up like you've got a pair.

I see what you're looking for now.......you wanna be able to walk in the bar and act all pissed about you being too tough for USMB to handle you.

In other words, you're too much of a pussy and coward to take matters into your own hands, you'd rather someone banned you so that you could act like a martyr.

Tell ya what chumpsteak...........sit down, shut up and let the older members talk. You're just a n00b with no manners nor are you even housebroken.

Instead of getting pissed off because someone challenged you about your service, accept the fact that you were checked out and you made a mess all over the place.

How's about showing some military bearing and suck it up like you've got a pair.

Thats exactly what hes doing, I really think this clown is abusing some over the counter medications, this rant is never ending and he keeps saying he is done.:cuckoo:

Mebbe the all-voluntary military isn't workin' out after all...
:eusa_shifty:
DOD: Gay Troops Will Get Extra Time Off to Go to Same-Sex Marriage States and Get Hitched
August 14, 2013 -- The U.S. Defense Department announced on Wednesday that it will make "spousal and family benefits" available no later than Sept. 3, 2013, regardless of sexual orientation, for all service members who can provide a valid marriage certificate.
And what about same-sex military couples who live in a state where same-sex marriage is not allowed? No problem.

"We recognize that same-sex military couples who are not stationed in a jurisdiction that permits same-sex marriage would have to travel to another jurisdiction to marry. That is why the department will implement policies to allow military personnel in such a relationship non-chargeable leave for the purpose of travelling to a jurisdiction where such a marriage may occur," the DOD news release said.

"This will provide accelerated access to the full range of benefits offered to married military couples throughout the department, and help level the playing field between opposite-sex and same-sex couples seeking to be married."

aaa3_838.jpg

The Defense Department said entitlements such as TRICARE enrollment, basic allowance for housing, and family separation allowance are retroactive to the date of the Supreme Court’s decision, but any claims to entitlements before that date will not be granted. For those members married after June 26, 2013, entitlements begin at the date of marriage.

As for civilian benefits administered government-wide to federal employees, the Department of Defense will follow the Office of Personnel Management and the Department of Labor’s guidance to ensure that the same benefits currently available to heterosexual spouses are also available to legally married same-sex spouses.

- See more at: DOD: Gay Troops Will Get Extra Time Off to Go to Same-Sex Marriage States and Get Hitched | CNS News

See also:

DOD announces full benefits to married same-sex couples
August 14, 2013 WASHINGTON — Pentagon officials announced Wednesday that the DOD will provide marriage benefits to same-sex couples for the first time, giving gay spouses access to health care, housing allowances and family separation pay.
The move comes little more than a month after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, which Defense Department leaders have said prevented them from offering federal marriage benefits to gay troops. Numerous government agencies have taken steps to offer health care and other benefits to same-sex married couples in the wake of the ruling. In a statement, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the move reflects the Defense Department’s commitment to “ensuring that all men and women who serve in the U.S. military and their families are treated fairly and equally.” The change, set to go into effect no later than Sept. 3, will mean tens of thousands of dollars in direct payments and covered health care costs for legally married same-sex military couples.

Housing allowances alone can reach up to $30,000 in annual payouts for married troops with dependent children. Defense Department officials will also allow same-sex troops to take nonchargeable leave “for the purpose of travelling to a jurisdiction where such a marriage may occur.” Thirteen states and the District of Columbia currently allow gay marriages. In a memo to defense staff, Hagel called the inconsistent state rules a potential hardship for same-sex couples, and said the extra leave time would “help level the playing field.”

Troops stationed outside the United States will be allowed up to 10 days of uncharged leave for a same-sex wedding, per approval from their command. Troops inside the United States but stationed more than 100 miles from a state that allows gay marriage will have seven days. Servicemembers will be able to use the marriage leave time only once in their career. Gay troops who are already legally married could see retroactive benefits back to June 26, the date of the Supreme Court decision. Same-sex married couples who apply for benefits in the future will follow the same procedures and documentation as opposite-sex couples.

Since the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” law was repealed in 2011, gay rights advocates have pushed for extension of the married couple benefits to same-sex troops, arguing that the policy still amounted to discrimination in the ranks. Defense Department leaders did extend access to family support programs and other resources to the couples, but said the Defense of Marriage Act — which forbade the federal government from officially recognizing same-sex marriages — preventing them from going further. Mark Mazzone, spokesman for the military LGBT advocacy group SPART*A, said the changes will be a financial boost to many same-sex couples thus far deprived of equal benefits, and the leave time for travel to states that allow same-sex marriage show the military is committed to reaching out to gay troops.

More DOD announces full benefits to married same-sex couples - U.S. - Stripes

Forum List

Back