Navy Chemist May Have Rediscovered 'Cold Fusion'

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Twenty years ago this week, a pair of previously unknown scientists stunned the world by announcing they'd done the impossible by achieving nuclear fusion in a lab flask at room temperature.

Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons quickly became celebrities as the news media hailed them for discovering a cheap source of nearly limitless power. But it all fell apart as other scientists couldn't duplicate their results, and the pair later admitted they'd made mistakes in the experiments.

Now a U.S. Navy researcher, speaking on the anniversary of and in the same city where they made their announcement, thinks Fleischmann and Pons may have been right.

In a paper presented on Monday, chemist Pamela Mosier-Boss told the annual convention of the American Chemical Society in Salt Lake City that her team had gotten "very significant" evidence of some sort of nuclear reaction.

"To our knowledge, this is the first scientific report of the production of highly energetic neutrons from an LENR device," said Mosier-Boss, a researcher at the Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center in San Diego, in a press release.

FOXNews.com - Navy Chemist May Have Rediscovered 'Cold Fusion' - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Sounds like good news i think ? I'm not smart enough to have a conversation with you about this....... :lol:

Sounds like good news i think ? I'm not smart enough to have a conversation with you about this....... :lol:

It's not so much about smarts. People are wired up differently and therefore have different gifts and talents. This could be wonderful news. The Physics appears sound (as it did 20 years ago). Let's hope these Scientists aren't silenced by the powers that be.

It's not so much about smarts. People are wired up differently and therefore have different gifts and talents. This could be wonderful news. The Physics appears sound (as it did 20 years ago). Let's hope these Scientists aren't silenced by the powers that be.

yes cold fusion would be a gaint leap...but i think your last statement is in error..the results could not be duplicated...i have always doubted the cold fusion theories..but i hope i am wrong...

yes cold fusion would be a gaint leap...but i think your last statement is in error..the results could not be duplicated...i have always doubted the cold fusion theories..but i hope i am wrong...

I appreciate your post. I was referring to the stigma attached to Cold Fusion research. Scientists even had to change the name to low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR) before they could get their research papers published.

That cutural reference is interesting. Who would try and shut them down? And why? I would have thought that the scientific world would be very interested in knowing all about this.

From what I've read elsewhere there's an idea that cold fusion is for crackpots. I think that's more than a little contemptuous. If it weren't for "crackpots" we may not have the knowledge we do today.

Forum List

Back