Nature Magazine Provides Latest "Inconvenient Truth" for Globetrotter Al Gore:

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Al Bore is not going to like hearing this. Not that anything is going to stop him on running his scam.:)

Climate Change is a Natural Occurrence
Al Gore continues to be the comedic gift that keeps on giving. First, the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) revealed on May 24, 2006, that Gore has used enough hydrocarbons to circle the globe to present over 1,000 Power Point presentations on climate change. CEI also revealed that he recently used five large SUVs to haul his movie entourage a mere 500 yards at the Cannes Film Festival in France, all the while admonishing others to curtail their own energy use. Gore's "Saturday Night Live" appearance can't top that kind of comedy.

On the heels of these embarrassing revelations, Nature magazine now obliterates the core assertion of Gore's new movie and globetrotting global warming crusade -- that climate change is an unnatural and irrevocable phenomenon.

In case you have been too busy lately -- with such things as making a living, putting food on your family's dinner table, paying your mortgage, or focusing on actual everyday burdens -- to realize that global warming is the "single greatest threat to our lives," Gore has produced a new movie entitled An Inconvenient Truth to dispatch your silly everyday concerns and refocus your attention on what should really matter to you and your family. Not terrorism directed against Americans, not increasingly-porous borders, not ineffective schools, not crime, not fuel prices, not health care. Climate change. Unfortunately, the joke is once again on him.

In Gore's movie and on the movie's promotional website, he categorically asserts that climate change is unnatural. According to Gore, "scientists agree that global warming is real, it's already happening, and that it is the result of our activities and not a natural occurrence." (emphasis added) The movie website also asserts that climate changes are "irrevocable."

Unfortunately for "Earth Tone Al," this is flatly incorrect.

In Nature magazine's June 1, 2006, issue, scientists demonstrate in three new studies that the area near the North Pole was a balmy 74 degrees Fahrenheit 55 million years ago. That was obviously long before the invention of the wheel, let alone the advent of hydrocarbon scares or the internal-combustion engine (which Gore has called to completely eliminate). So much for Gore's assertion that climate change is "irrevocable."

Using cutting-edge technology, the scientists removed core samples from beneath the Arctic Ocean to examine the physical evidence and establish their findings. According to Mark Pagani, a Yale University geology professor and co-author of one of the three studies discussed by Nature, the area surrounding the North Pole was once similar to Florida's present-day topography: "[imagine a world where there are dense sequoia trees and cypress trees like in Florida that ring the Arctic Ocean."

These studies reconfirm the fact that the earth experienced an extended period of natural global warming millions of years ago, caused by an unexplained increase in carbon dioxide levels. According to the Boston Globe report on the studies, "scientists already knew that this 'thermal event' happened but are not sure what caused it." The possible causes cited by the Boston Globe include "massive releases of methane from the ocean, the continent-sized burning of trees, lots of volcanic eruptions." Indeed, Kathryn Moran, another co-author of one of the studies, is quoted as saying "it's the first time we've looked at the Arctic, and man, it was a big surprise to us."

Let's see -- naturally-occurring climate change, with an uncertain explanation. Does this sound familiar?

We're confident that Gore has a ready-made rationalization for these studies, such as some sort of dinosaur-operated internal-combustion engine or prehistoric greedy oil conglomerates, and we look forward to the movie sequel to provide it. In the meantime, however, we can revel in the latest example of Al Gore and his ideological brethren once again running face-first into their own "inconvenient truth."
http://www.cfif.org/htdocs/freedoml...r-Gore-Climate-Change-Natural-Occurrence.html

My God. Take a science course. For Christ sakes we already KNOW that. It's obvious. It doesn't really affect our current situation. The problem isn't that the climate will change; the problem is what will happen to us when it changes again. If you look at those maps of the Earth 55-70 million years ago (not that they are true, the Earth has existed for only 5,00 years), whats the bigget thing you notice? Half the current landmass is covered in water. It's a lot hotter, so all you nice temperate climate for growing crops is gone. Saying we shouldn't worry about climate change because it has happened before is like saying we shouldn't do anything about murders because they happen all the time. The whole argument is one big logical fallacy. Ah, I'm going to bed.

It's a control issue. The climate will change. It has done so before. It will do so again. Fortunately, it happens pretty slowly, giving life time to adapt. We really can't do anything about it except prepare for any climate change that comes. Now, when you combine the guilt and control issues of modern liberalism, they come to the conclusion that since we control the world, we must be causing the climate change, which means we can stop it. Yeah, it's stupid, but this is the same group of people who believe that we can end worldwide terrorism by pulling out of the Middle East.

just reported.......

GORE NAME DROPPED FROM 'WARMING' MOVIE POSTER, CREDITS
Wed Jun 07 2006 10:28:38 ET

Former Vice President Al Gore's name is nowhere to be found on PARAMOUNT's poster campaign for the new 'global warming' movie 'AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH.'

Gore's name is not featured on the dramatic poster promoting the movie -- a poster which welcomes moviegoers at the nation's theaters!

"It's not a political movie," a top source at PARAMOUNT explained, offering no other explanation on why Gore's name does not appear, even in the film's credits on the poster.

A rival studio executive claims marketing research showed little audience interest in a movie starring Al Gore.

The film has made $2,070,413 so far at the boxoffice in limited release.

Developing...

Mr.Conley said:
My God. Take a science course. For Christ sakes we already KNOW that. It's obvious. It doesn't really affect our current situation. The problem isn't that the climate will change; the problem is what will happen to us when it changes again. If you look at those maps of the Earth 55-70 million years ago (not that they are true, the Earth has existed for only 5,00 years), whats the bigget thing you notice? Half the current landmass is covered in water. It's a lot hotter, so all you nice temperate climate for growing crops is gone. Saying we shouldn't worry about climate change because it has happened before is like saying we shouldn't do anything about murders because they happen all the time. The whole argument is one big logical fallacy. Ah, I'm going to bed.

Ah I'm a little confused. I thought the lib/communist/anti-capitalist/treehugger argument was that global warming is a fact and is caused by human activity (By white/european descent males living in the United States only of course). If it is occuring, and is a natural phenomena, then what the hell can man do about it? Other than cope the best he can I see no alternative (Unless of course it is to exterminate with extreme prejudice the sole cause of all the world's suffering i.e. white/european descent males living in the United States).

You will also note this link..http://www.beloit.edu/~SEPM/Earth_Works/Plate_Movements.html

which clearly demonstrates that the Earth of 55 million years ago was damn close to that of today. And NO HALF OF THE EARTH"S CURRENT SURFACE ABOVE SEA LEVEL WAS NOT COVERED IN WATER YOU SCIENTIFICALLY CHALLENGED LIBERAL!!!

Rico said:
Ah I'm a little confused. I thought the lib/communist/anti-capitalist/treehugger argument was that global warming is a fact and is caused by human activity (By white/european descent males living in the United States only of course). If it is occuring, and is a natural phenomena, then what the hell can man do about it? Other than cope the best he can I see no alternative (Unless of course it is to exterminate with extreme prejudice the sole cause of all the world's suffering i.e. white/european descent males living in the United States).

You will also note this link..http://www.beloit.edu/~SEPM/Earth_Works/Plate_Movements.html

which clearly demonstrates that the Earth of 55 million years ago was damn close to that of today. And NO HALF OF THE EARTH"S CURRENT SURFACE ABOVE SEA LEVEL WAS NOT COVERED IN WATER YOU SCIENTIFICALLY CHALLENGED LIBERAL!!!

pssst....they change to a new viewpoint when their current views are proven to be stupid. ;)

Forum List

Back