Nature and Geology

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Because the island of Great Britain is connected to France, the plant life and the nutrients in the soil are the same, and therefore so is the genetics of any animal that eats it over the course of hundreds of generations.

That is exactly why the people of France, and the English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh all look almost similar..

That, and a fairly similar diet.
Whereas Spain and Portugal and Italy, look nothing at all like them, and neither do Germans.

:)

That's my hypothesis, I would have to look it up further, or ask a scientist... but I am guessing that I am atleast 50 % correct.

By jaybird's logic, every island and continent in the world is connected by underwater land mass. And why the fuck is this stupid shit in politics?!?!?

Oh look. Yet another nonsensical thread in Politics. Bet there's more to come.

Key words: "I am guessing ..."

:spam:

Because the island of Great Britain is connected to France, the plant life and the nutrients in the soil are the same, and therefore so is the genetics of any animal that eats it over the course of hundreds of generations.

That is exactly why the people of France, and the English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh all look almost similar..

Whereas Spain and Portugal and Italy, look nothing at all like them, and neither do Germans.

That's my hypothesis, I would have to look it up further, or ask a scientist... but I am guessing that I am atleast 50 % correct.
The true test of the link is when you study their turds...If I were you I'd dig into that research,,post haste....

False. Seems you don't know much about genetics and heredity.

No. The resemblance of the people of northern Europe and the british isles is due to the people and the genetics passed down. Southern Europe is a different subset of tribes, and so the characteristics are slightly different.

Oh, and to further dispute your theory, the soils in Spain and Italy would be on the same tectonic plate as those of France and Great Britain.

The Celts came from around from where Austria is today before expanding into Iberia (modern Spain and Portugal) and the British Isles about 3000 years ago. 2000 years ago the Romans set up housekeeping in what is now England and Wales. The Angles and Saxon tribe migrated from Germany to the same British Isles about 1500 years ago. A thousand years ago (949 years to be exact) the French showed up in the form of the Normans (who also had Italian roots).

So no, you're not really correct at all.

Do you know the definition of the word island?

The island has been invaded many, many, many times. No one knows who the original settlers were, but before there were the Normans, there were the Saxons, and the Vikings, and the Belgae, and the Brigantes, and the Jutes, and the Angles, and the Romano-British, and the Picts, and the Welsh, and the Celts..... You get the idea?

Do you know the definition of the word island?

The island has been invaded many, many, many times. No one knows who the original settlers were, but before there were the Normans, there were the Saxons, and the Vikings, and the Belgae, and the Brigantes, and the Jutes, and the Angles, and the Romano-British, and the Picts, and the Welsh, and the Celts..... You get the idea?

The UK is not "connected" to France.

Forum List

Back