Natural gas to kill electric car!!!

Could you please address the topic instead of reflexively doing the ragey-stalker thing at me? Thank you.

The topic is the silliness of declaring lng cars will eliminate electric cars.

It's silly for the near future, because the two types of vehicles occupy different niches.

And it's silly for the far future, because it assumes lng tech will advance, but battery tech won't advance.

Ummmm, I DID...it's you who blathered on about something not pertaining to the OP nimrod.

I love Hybrid technology. Boosting a gasoline engine with an electric motor is pure genius. I look forward to the day when I can put a hybrid crate motor into my 2004 Dodge Ram.

But all electric cars just aren't good enough. And until a Quantum Leap in electric generation and storage occurs, they won't be practical any time soon.

We do have plenty of Natural Gas though don't we?

For people who only need their cars to commute less than 110 miles to and from the city, the electric car is perfect.

Not that this would be earth shatterring news mind you...............

“Only about 17,000 out of 12.8 million [vehicles] sold in 2011 were Leafs and Volts,” Duoba told TPM, also noting that: “At least for some time, compared to plug-in vehicle batteries, CNG storage offers lower weight, higher energy storage and lower costs - as well as faster refueling/recharging.”

Argonne National Laboratory Expands Research Into Natural Gas Vehicles | TPM Idea Lab

The k00ks will be heartbroken...........perhaps they will one day get it..........its all about the market.:rock: In the end, all the fantasy stuff gets shitcanned.
CNG/LNG makes a hell of a lot more sense than electric.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back