Natural Disaster: The Democratic approach vs. the GOP approach

R

rdean

Republicans say "Government can't do anything". I believe them. When they are in power.

Look at the way Republicans handled Katrina. People starving. Dying. Ignored. Left to suffer for days and days. Then the survivors were put in carcinogenic trailers which only made things worse as well as showed GOP contempt for those suffering.

Then look at how floods and tornadoes were handled under Obama. And what has been the GOP's greatest criticism? That Obama hasn't visited the afflicted areas fast enough? That's it? In fact, wasn't it Cantor who suggested that victims of disaster should be "on their own"?

The GOP's tough stance on tornado aid: 'Heartless'? - The Week

Is voting the GOP into power a guarantee that "Government won't work"?

Yes, in that they don’t want to see something they oppose succeed.

The sad irony of this, of course, is republicans once advocated and practiced good governance, they understood government can play an important and positive role in Americans’ lives where appropriate.

Yes, in that they don’t want to see something they oppose succeed.

The sad irony of this, of course, is republicans once advocated and practiced good governance, they understood government can play an important and positive role in Americans’ lives where appropriate.

Key word being 'once'.

Republicans say "Government can't do anything". I believe them. When they are in power.

Look at the way Republicans handled Katrina. People starving. Dying. Ignored. Left to suffer for days and days. Then the survivors were put in carcinogenic trailers which only made things worse as well as showed GOP contempt for those suffering.

Then look at how floods and tornadoes were handled under Obama. And what has been the GOP's greatest criticism? That Obama hasn't visited the afflicted areas fast enough? That's it? In fact, wasn't it Cantor who suggested that victims of disaster should be "on their own"?

Look at how the people themselves helped themselves in Joplin.... they did not whine and cry for the government to come and save them...

Joplin also did not have several DAYS notice to deal with the problem.

Look at how the mayor and governor played politics delaying in asking for aid....tysk tysk tysk.... sad dems that they are.

And idiot... you are on your own for a minimum of 3-4 days in a disaster.... or don't you listen up to fema and the red cross?

Look at how the people themselves helped themselves in Joplin.... they did not whine and cry for the government to come and save them...

Look at how the mayor and governor played politics delaying in asking for aid....tysk tysk tysk.... sad dems that they are.

And idiot... you are on your own for a minimum of 3-4 days in a disaster.... or don't you listen up to fema and the red cross?
Last I checked, Joplin got 1 billion in federal aid, those whiny bastards:eusa_whistle:

The TaxPayers didn't have to pay the Oklahoma heros either.

Last I checked, Joplin got 1 billion in federal aid, those whiny bastards:eusa_whistle:

And how much is "Katrina" still getting? Whats their tab to date?

Look at the way Republicans handled Katrina

The Democrat Regime in New Orleans knew for a week that the Hurricane was coming.
If they were that stupid to stick around...Well we saw the result of that stupidity... :(

The Democrat Regime in New Orleans knew for a week that the Hurricane was coming.
If they were that stupid to stick around...Well we saw the result of that stupidity... :(

President Bush had to call them and tell them to evacuate.. Did they do it? No. The people and the busses that could have carried them to safety went underwater. The airlines offered to evacuate people.. did they take them up on it? No..

I'm sorry to say I think so. I am just appalled at the way they grew the government during the Bush years. And now they have the balls to say that we grow government.

They are like little kids, if they don't get their way they have tantrums.

President Bush had to call them and tell them to evacuate.. Did they do it? No. The people and the busses that could have carried them to safety went underwater. The airlines offered to evacuate people.. did they take them up on it? No..

Bush is on record as saying he handled Katrina poorly. That if he could do it all over again-he would have.

Not blaming all of it on Bush (I don't think that's totally fair)-maybe the problem wasn't his fault-but he could have done a better job after the fact.

New Topics

Forum List

Back