Natural Body Building, anyone?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, I have had somewhat of a "conflict" lately trying to figure out what I want to focus on most of my physical training on. Some of the choices where: Boxing, Martial Arts, Weight Lifting Power, etc.

I have decided, my main focus, after I get through BMT and Tech School, will be Body Building. I am not talking about Jay Cutler, or Arnold Schwarzenegger size, I am talking about someone at 5"5 weighing 150-165 with 8%- Body Fat, and competing in certain exercises on a Amateur level (Bench Press).

Does anyone else follow this sport, or like it in general? Also, what about regular Body Building? I love it, but a lot of them guys are on so many different things, I doubt I could afford a month of supplies, and I do not see the pros in Steroids to outweigh the cons.

So, I plan to compete in Boxing to a certain degree, train in Martial Arts, and add PT with that I should be able to get into great shape for my goals, and even if I am working 14+ hours a day, and deployed all the time, their are so many exercises I can do to keep in-shape on deployments that require little more then a Ab Wheel or Skip Rope/etc. Of course, need weights to weight lift outside of body weight exercises, but I am hoping I will be able to have access to a weight lifting gym most of the time, if not, I'll find ways around it.

The biggest thing I have realized with this decision is, my diet is going to have to be overhauled, again. The biggest thing I am allowing myself is tea, I love tea, and I know if I can allow myself to have a glass a day it will help stop me from cheating all the time, it will basically be my 'cheat' meal, but not food. Food wise I am stronger because I can eat a lot of stuff I don't like, as long as I keep in mind what I am gaining out of not eating foods that I shouldn't.

Anyways, anyone else participate in this sport? watch it?

Forum List

Back