Natty Narwhal

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
For those of you who use Ubuntu I just upgraded to 11.4, Natty Narwhal. First off I absolutely hate it, cant stand the new (Unity) look and the need to spend hours hunting down what I use that's no longer readily available, which is most of what I use. The side panel with the "kiddie buttons" is annoying to say the least and where the hell are the Preferences and Administration drop downs???!!!!!!!!
Now supposedly you can switch to the classic menu but every option they show doesn't work so I am now having to reload version 10.10 from scratch. Not a happy camper. :evil:

By the way, I've just decided to give Linux Mint 11 a try instead. Pretty clean interface on the install screen, cool.

Oooooh, so no one's into Natty Narwhals? Where are all the usual perverts?

Mint loaded smoothly, no hiccups and is much faster than the Ubuntu that was on the machine plus the GUI is crisp and clean and for ya'll still using older P4 machines it's as fast as a duo-core system. So if you're strapped for cash and can't afford a new computer but need to rejuvenate your old one you can download and burn an ISO or order a DVD for $10 from The Mint developers.

Linux Mint, On-Disk.com

Forum List

Back