NATO air strike has killed Saif al-Arab Gaddafi

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
fresh off the wire, more details to follow.

edit-

30 April 2011 Last updated at 18:49 ET

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says
Breaking news

A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gadaffi, a government spokesman has said.

Colonel Gaddafi himself was in the house which was hit by the strike, the spokesman added, but he was unharmed.

His son Saif al-Arab was killed, as well as three of the Libyan leader's grandsons.

Saif al-Arab, aged 29, was the youngest of Muammar Gaddafi six sons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13251570

So, Nato huh? Interesting. It appears we are back in the business of assassinating foreign leaders, or excuse me attempting such..... apparently we missed, again.

I wonder how much ink was spilled by those who found fault with this type of thing in decades past…..and if any of that ink will be spilled again.

Last edited:

edit-

Breaking news

A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gadaffi, a government spokesman has said.

Colonel Gaddafi himself was in the house which was hit by the strike, the spokesman added, but he was unharmed.

His son Saif al-Arab was killed, as well as three of the Libyan leader's grandsons.

BBC News - Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

So, Nato huh? Interesting. It appears we are back in the business of assassinating foreign leaders, or excuse me attempting such..... apparently we missed, again.

I wonder how much ink was spilled by those who found fault with this type of thing in decades past…..and if any of that ink will be spilled again.

What other Countries chose to do is our business how? As to assassination, the left was against it before they were for it.

edit-

Breaking news

One down.

Some 200 others to go.

See: Lockerbie.

Fuck them and fuck those who defend them.

The way to do this, if you're Gaddafi.... Is to de-ass the country in secret with your sons, your harem of concubines and your booty.... Then do false reports of deaths one at a time.

Is this what it is?

edit-

Breaking news

One down.

Some 200 others to go.

See: Lockerbie.

Fuck them and fuck those who defend them.

Ah, I see. not bad. but sorry, won't wash.

edit-

Breaking news

What other Countries chose to do is our business how? As to assassination, the left was against it before they were for it.

you think Nato did this without his say so?

:eusa_think::lol:what a slap in the face that would be....

Just look at Sallow. He tried and tries to justify the actions with decades old Lockerbie. Obama doesn't do any wrong and he just gives payback, that's the logic.
Killing sons of Ghaddafi has nothing to do with the UN resolution.

It appears we are back in the business of assassinating foreign leaders, or excuse me attempting such..... apparently we missed, again.

There are precedence cases which might fire back one day, like sabotaging Iranian nuclear facilities.

Three of Gadaffi's grandchildren were also killed, which is quite sad.

Too bad they missed the head honcho though.

edit-

Breaking news

This is the second son of Gadaffi who has died in these operations, and three Gadaffi grandchildren died in this attack. Gadaffi was said to have been there when the attack took place. Things are getting too close for G.

He ought to ask for amnesty/sanctuary in Uganda, one place which has offered; if he accepts quickly to stop the violence. That would be the best course for him, the NATO countries, and for his people even if he were allowed to keep say 30-b, although I've read he has a 200-b stash of cash.

This operation has been such an abortion that it's entirely possible that we didn't play a part; but the precision suggests to all that we did.

Last edited:
This is the second son of Gadaffi who has died in these operations, and three Gadaffi grandchildren died in this attack. Gadaffi was said to have been there when the attack hook place. Things are getting for G. He ought to ask for amnesty/sanctuary in Uganda, one place which has offered (if he accepts quickly to stop the violence). That would be the best course fo him, NATO countries, and his people even if he was allowed to keep say 30-b, although I've read he has a 200-b stash of cash.

What's with the civilians (tribes) still living under Ghaddafi's control, do they also want anything? Or do only the so-called 'civilians' with rocket-launchers in the East have demands like sending Ghaddafi to Uganda?

This is the second son of Gadaffi who has died in these operations, and three Gadaffi grandchildren died in this attack. Gadaffi was said to have been there when the attack took place. Things are getting too close for G.

He ought to ask for amnesty/sanctuary in Uganda, one place which has offered; if he accepts quickly to stop the violence. That would be the best course for him, the NATO countries, and for his people even if he were allowed to keep say 30-b, although I've read he has a 200-b stash of cash.

This operation has been such an abortion that it's entirely possible that we didn't play a part; but the precision suggests to all that we did.

well, my interest in this is the hand wringing that certain sects of the political number line have employed in the past when they discovered that the US was involved in assassinations, successful or not of foreign leadership.

the nato op is still under the command of an American admiral if I recall ,not that it really matters. They should come Monday be in full lather.....to say nothing of the NGO's.... Nations in Europe,(Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland and the United Kingdom), South America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand for instance took issue with Saddams execution in that they objected to capital punishment.

In 86, the United Nations adopted a resolution condemning Reagans bombing of Libya and attempt on Gadaffis life, I wonder of this was sanctioned by the UN there by by-passing intl. law? (articles 51 and 33 I think?)

This is the second son of Gadaffi who has died in these operations, and three Gadaffi grandchildren died in this attack. Gadaffi was said to have been there when the attack hook place. Things are getting for G. He ought to ask for amnesty/sanctuary in Uganda, one place which has offered (if he accepts quickly to stop the violence). That would be the best course fo him, NATO countries, and his people even if he was allowed to keep say 30-b, although I've read he has a 200-b stash of cash.

What's with the civilians (tribes) still living under Ghaddafi's control, do they also want anything? Or do only the so-called 'civilians' with rocket-launchers in the East have demands like sending Ghaddafi to Uganda?

Wouldn't you think the fighters in the east, long subject to government crackdown, finding refuge by going to Iraq and Afghanistan as Al Quaeda fighters, and returning home to Libya more dangerous than ever, through pure Darwinism (those who survived are the more dangerous; the weak and stupid having been weeded out, those who survived are more apt to be strong and cunning), that they would not want Gadaffi to escape with his billions, unless there is much more than that that they could grab.

Those in the cities have shown the most support, but then they are the most accessible for payback if they appear to be dangerous to Gadaffi. They would probably be the most likely to want him to leave, even if he took his money with him.

Well this attack certainly goes against the brief I have heard and as said here

Nato forces are permitted, under United Nations resolution 1973, passed in March, to use 'all necessary measures' to protect civilians from pro-Gaddafi forces.

Ibrahim added: "We think now it is clear to everyone that what is happening in Libya has nothing to do with the protection of civilians.

"This is not permitted by international law. "

Muammar Gaddafi son killed by Nato air strike

However, this has not been confirmed and there is speculation in Libya that this has not really happened and has rather been deliberately invented in an attempt to get some sympathy

Nato strike 'kills Gaddafi's youngest son' - Africa - Al Jazeera English

(the three grandchildren are apparently under 12)

Putin: Who gave NATO right to kill Gaddafi?

youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5Ij_RFJ1Q

'No sign Gaddafi bombed Tripoli - NATO wages war on false claims'

youtube.com/watch?v=hDt92tR2YnA

well, if it says it on youtube, it *must* be true.

Well, I was going to quote Skywatcher when he/she (sounds like a he) called you a moron for this post, but apparently someone has removed his posts.

I was simply going to mention that I thought he had missed your sarcasm.

Immie

Just look at Sallow. He tried and tries to justify the actions with decades old Lockerbie. Obama doesn't do any wrong and he just gives payback, that's the logic.
Killing sons of Ghaddafi has nothing to do with the UN resolution.

I don't "try" to justify shit.

Qaddafi should have been dead and buried a long time ago over Lockerbie.

Anyone who knows my posting history knows I have no problem answering blood with blood. This country should never "tolerate" terrorist attacks.

Well Russia and Venezuela accuse NATO of trying to assassinate Gadaffi but it is still unclear whether it happened

Cameron declined to comment on the "unconfirmed report", but told the BBC: "The targeting policy of Nato and the alliance is absolutely clear. It is in line with UN resolution 1973 and it is about preventing a loss of civilian life by targeting Gaddafi's war-making machine. That is obviously tanks and guns and rocket launchers, but also command and control as well."

The Libyan regime will use the apparent death of close members of Gaddafi's family to reinforce its claims that Nato is acting illegitimately and that Libya is a victim of a western plot to topple Gaddafi.

Gaddafi son's killing puts Nato in firing line | World news | The Guardian

Looks like David Cameron is being nebulous about whether they did or not which would tend to suggest they did.

If true, Ghadafi's whereabouts are being snitched out by someone in his inner circle. No way NATO could have targeted him without help.

New Topics

Forum List

Back