Natl Rest. Assn to Waive Confidentiality Agmt

and here i thought everyone would be so excited that they're going to get the other side of the story. :eusa_whistle:

*edit*

no. he broke the agreement first, imo.

life's funny that way.

I really have no dog in this fight, because I'm sure Cain won't be the nominee either way, but I would not get my hopes up if I were you. They settled for what..40k? That's nothing, if it was a major infraction, they would have got more than that.
Now, as far as proving something, the women have their work cut out for them. It happened 12 years ago. What evidence are they going to submit to convince us? Its just going to be hearsay, and the women could also be potentially scrutinized too. This may very well elevate Cain.

There were several women that Cain harassed.

And their stories will come out eventually.

In a statement late in the day, Dawn Sweeney, the trade group's current CEO, said Cain had disputed the allegations at the time they were made. She also said the organization was willing to waive a confidentiality agreement the woman signed when she left her job, a concession that a spokeswoman later said would not necessarily apply to any other former employee.

Cain has contended an internal investigation at the time of the complaint showed no evidence of improper conduct by him, but Sweeney did not address that issue.

Herman Cain Campaigns As Sexual Harassment Allegations Build

the part that interests me is the part that says the waiver of the confidentiality agreement "would not necessarily apply to any other former employee".

how many women have nondisclosures with the NRA?
One lawyer on television has stated that any agreement, without a confidentiality clause, was tantamount to malpractice.

Since the settlement was only 5 figures, I'm sure some news agency would be willing to pay the penalty for any woman that wants to tell her story.

Its uncertain if Cain signed the agreement - if he had, he has already broken the agreement!

Only in world of "Republicandom" could a charge of female harrassment "elevate" a presidential candidate's prestige in the eyes of his supporters!

Last edited:
The Republican Party is now pro sexual harassment.

How's that going to help with the women's vote next year?

do you think a nondisclosure agreement allows him to make comments like "i was told she wasn't a very good worker".

if i were a supporter of this guy, i'd want to have the whole story come out.

you afraid she's credible?

He didn't sign a nondisclosure agreement. He can say what he likes.

And for the record, dingbat, we don't want the whole story to come out. However, it's obvious the accusers aren't willing to make their accusations in the light of day.

the part that interests me is the part that says the waiver of the confidentiality agreement "would not necessarily apply to any other former employee".

Maybe they put in the part about the waiver not applying to other former employees because they have to be decided on a case by case basis? :dunno:

Even so, that insinuates that there are, not may be, but are others out there.

Reading that makes one think that there may be some legitimacy to the first three claims.

Immie

What a moron. All it means is that others who have nondisclosure agreements with the NRA are not free to ignore those agreements. Those other agreements don't necesarrily have anything to do with Cain.

Liberals are so stupid it defies comprehension. I've seen jellyfish with more intelligence.

The Republican Party is now pro sexual harassment.

How's that going to help with the women's vote next year?

The Democrat Party has always been pro slander and pro smear. It also became the pro sexual harassment party during the Clintoon Administration.

I remember about 1995 or so, when "60 Minutes" did a report on Paula Jones, it spent the entire time talking about the legal issues of suing a sitting president. But when it came to the part where Paula detailed what Clinton actually did, they blanked out the audio and said, "We aren't going to repeat the details of what she alledged."

They are all over this like stink on crap.

In a statement late in the day, Dawn Sweeney, the trade group's current CEO, said Cain had disputed the allegations at the time they were made. She also said the organization was willing to waive a confidentiality agreement the woman signed when she left her job, a concession that a spokeswoman later said would not necessarily apply to any other former employee.

Cain has contended an internal investigation at the time of the complaint showed no evidence of improper conduct by him, but Sweeney did not address that issue.

If this pans out, despite the quibbling below, I would LOVE it!
Clear the air or throw the fish in the fire ...end of story.

and here i thought everyone would be so excited that they're going to get the other side of the story. :eusa_whistle:

*edit*

life's funny that way.

Opinions are great. Facts are more important though, right, mo chara?

But... hey... I liked the 'how many others are there' little speculation there. Very nicely done. You could work for MSNBC with that kind of crap. Doesn't matter if it's true, just throw it out there. :lol:

do you think a nondisclosure agreement allows him to make comments like "i was told she wasn't a very good worker".

if i were a supporter of this guy, i'd want to have the whole story come out.

you afraid she's credible?

He didn't sign a nondisclosure agreement. He can say what he likes.

And for the record, dingbat, we don't want the whole story to come out. However, it's obvious the accusers aren't willing to make their accusations in the light of day.

Actually, since we don't know who signed what or what the agreement covers, no one can say whether he 'broke an agreement'. Logic is logic.

*edit*

life's funny that way.

What I want is the left to care about all the women Clinton screwed. I want Obama's grades, his college history just as EVERY other President has released. His wife's Thesis. Ohh wait none of those matter cause Liberals are exempt from public disclosure.

*edit*

life's funny that way.

But... hey... I liked the 'how many others are there' little speculation there. Very nicely done. You could work for MSNBC with that kind of crap. Doesn't matter if it's true, just throw it out there. :lol:

Yeah, I wonder how many little boys Obama raped and then stuffed into a hole under his basement.

Playing the leftwing sleaze game is fun if all the scruples you've ever had have been surgically removed from your body.

I think they were talking in the general sense, not about other specific cases. Meaning, that dropping the confidentiality in this case, should not be seen as a dropping of it in any other cases, existing or future.

*edit*

life's funny that way.

Yeah, I wonder how many little boys Obama raped and then stuffed into a hole under his basement.

Playing the leftwing sleaze game is fun if all the scruples you've ever had have been surgically removed from your body.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZfpwfQ58Ds]The answer is ... 4? - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe they put in the part about the waiver not applying to other former employees because they have to be decided on a case by case basis? :dunno:

Even so, that insinuates that there are, not may be, but are others out there.

Reading that makes one think that there may be some legitimacy to the first three claims.

Immie

What a moron. All it means is that others who have nondisclosure agreements with the NRA are not free to ignore those agreements. Those other agreements don't necesarrily have anything to do with Cain.

Liberals are so stupid it defies comprehension. I've seen jellyfish with more intelligence.

Bullshit.

Don't be such an idiot all the time, you damned wanna be conservative. You're just another damned troll out to make conservatives look bad. If you are all that they read, no wonder they hate conservatives so damned much. It a frigging shame we get defined by trolls such as yourself.

The statement was about these claims against Cain, and only someone more idiotic than Truthdoesn'tmatter would not understand that. Come to think of it, you probably don't understand it.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back