Natl Rest. Assn to Waive Confidentiality Agmt

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
In a statement late in the day, Dawn Sweeney, the trade group's current CEO, said Cain had disputed the allegations at the time they were made. She also said the organization was willing to waive a confidentiality agreement the woman signed when she left her job, a concession that a spokeswoman later said would not necessarily apply to any other former employee.

Cain has contended an internal investigation at the time of the complaint showed no evidence of improper conduct by him, but Sweeney did not address that issue.

Herman Cain Campaigns As Sexual Harassment Allegations Build

the part that interests me is the part that says the waiver of the confidentiality agreement "would not necessarily apply to any other former employee".

how many women have nondisclosures with the NRA?

and here i thought everyone would be so excited that they're going to get the other side of the story. :eusa_whistle:

*edit*

no. he broke the agreement first, imo.

life's funny that way.

and here i thought everyone would be so excited that they're going to get the other side of the story. :eusa_whistle:

*edit*

life's funny that way.

so you know what the agreement said?

and they said willing, just for the record...

In a statement late in the day, Dawn Sweeney, the trade group's current CEO, said Cain had disputed the allegations at the time they were made. She also said the organization was willing to waive a confidentiality agreement the woman signed when she left her job, a concession that a spokeswoman later said would not necessarily apply to any other former employee.

Cain has contended an internal investigation at the time of the complaint showed no evidence of improper conduct by him, but Sweeney did not address that issue.

the part that interests me is the part that says the waiver of the confidentiality agreement "would not necessarily apply to any other former employee".

Maybe they put in the part about the waiver not applying to other former employees because they have to be decided on a case by case basis? :dunno:

*edit*

life's funny that way.

do you think a nondisclosure agreement allows him to make comments like "i was told she wasn't a very good worker".

if i were a supporter of this guy, i'd want to have the whole story come out.

you afraid she's credible?

*edit*

life's funny that way.

do you think a nondisclosure agreement allows him to make comments like "i was told she wasn't a very good worker".

I have no idea what it says, I am not sure he even knows what it says.

if angels danced on pinheads...........

why would I be afraid? oh snap, :eek:I get it, I am a loon, hes rightwing which makes him a loon, so I automatically sppt. him and want him protected.....

got it..why thank you for clearing you that up...

*edit*

life's funny that way.

My understanding was that Cain did not sign the agreement. I could be wrong, it happened once in 1995.

I don't know if I'm a supporter yet but I like Cain's politics. I agree with you in that I'd like to know the truth of the matter. (if the alleged victim is willing to tell it)

Granted the waiver and suddenly the accuser no longer wants to go public? That is strange.

BREAKING: Cain accuser won’t go public – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It's her right, I have to respect it.

but then again, i wouldn't want to be anita hill'd by rightwingnuts either.

no, we certainly cannot have that. :rolleyes:

you can roll your eyes all you want, but they were disgusting to her. it was like the old days where when a woman was raped and they would blame her for being attacked.

but for some reason the arbiters of morality on the right couldn't care less when women get sexually harassed. (although they get wicked insane over consensual sex for some reason..)

i guess you figure they should enjoy the attention, huh?

Last edited:
Granted the waiver and suddenly the accuser no longer wants to go public? That is strange.

BREAKING: Cain accuser won’t go public – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It's her right, I have to respect it.

that's a shame. i bet she has a good story.

but then again, i wouldn't want to be anita hill'd by rightwingnuts either.

I'm only guessing but if the story were any good, she would not have changed her mind right at the moment when she could no longer blame the nondisclosure agreement for keeping her silent.

In any case she is on way firmer ground than Anita Hill was. She made a complaint at the time of the alleged harassment and did not keep working for the accused. Hill popped up from nowhere to ambush Thomas as a political sock puppet. Whoever this woman is, she has more credibility than Hill (meaning some) and she is also not alone.

Maybe they put in the part about the waiver not applying to other former employees because they have to be decided on a case by case basis? :dunno:

Even so, that insinuates that there are, not may be, but are others out there.

Reading that makes one think that there may be some legitimacy to the first three claims.

Immie

My understanding was that Cain did not sign the agreement. I could be wrong, it happened once in 1995.

I don't know if I'm a supporter yet but I like Cain's politics. I agree with you in that I'd like to know the truth of the matter. (if the alleged victim is willing to tell it)

i think i just read that cain's lawyer signed the agreement. but he would have had to represent that he had the authority to settle the case. she would have had to release cain personally as part of the settlement and he would have been the beneficiary of the nondisclosure agreement.

i actually hope she does tell her story.

but for some reason the arbiters of morality on the right couldn't care less when women get sexually harassed.

Well that is no more fair than asking where the Left's moral arbiters were for Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Gennifer Flowers, Elizabeth Ward Gracen, Sally Perdue, Dolly Kyle Browning or good old Monica herself. (and the rest)

Reading that makes one think that there may be some legitimacy to the first three claims.

Immie

Like you said, there are already 3 claims. This decision only seems to apply to one of the women, so the other 2 would probably have to individually ask that their NDA's be released as well.

Immie

Like you said, there are already 3 claims. This decision only seems to apply to one of the women, so the other 2 would probably have to individually ask that their NDA's be released as well.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, I thought it applied to the three who had already come forward.

Guess, I should have read the link rather than leap to that conclusion.

Immie

no, we certainly cannot have that. :rolleyes:

you can roll your eyes all you want, but they were disgusting to her. it was like the old days where when a woman was raped and they would blame her for being attacked.

balance and logic are not enemies one should laud.

but for some reason the arbiters of morality on the right couldn't care less when women get sexually harassed. (although they get wicked insane over consensual sex for some reason..)

you should never answer the door when insanity knocks, oops, to late.

i guess you figure they should enjoy the attention, huh?

:eusa_shhh::lol:

i think i just read that cain's lawyer signed the agreement.

but he would have had to represent that he had the authority to settle the case. she would have had to release cain personally as part of the settlement and he would have been the beneficiary of the nondisclosure agreement.

i actually hope she does tell her story.

you think?where did you read that btw?

5 seconds to google; 'did cain or cains lawyer sign the non disclosure agreement?'

cbs is an approved obama media outlet, yes?

November 4, 2011 10:39 AM

Cain did not sign settlement, accuser's lawyer says

The settlement agreement between the National Restaurant Association and a woman who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment was reached in September 1999--and was not signed by Cain himself, according to Joel Bennett, a lawyer for the woman.

Bennett, who has a copy of the settlement agreement, said four people signed it: the woman, two lawyers representing the association and Bennett himself.

Bennett said the agreement was resolved relatively quickly, about two or three months after she complained.

That means it may have been reached after Cain left the association, and Bennett said it's conceivable that Cain didn't even know about it.

more at-

Cain did not sign settlement, accuser's lawyer says - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

wow, Cain may not even know whats in it? where did I hear that before?:eusa_think:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back