Native Americans "Proud" of Redskins Name

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
But our next President, 1/1,064th Native American Elizabeth Warren, will make sure they can't be proud any longer!

A new survey has found that Native Americans are more likely to be proud than offended by the name of the Washington Redskins.

The survey, as reported by the Washington Post, asked 500 people who identify as Native American to pick from a list of words which one best described their feelings about the Redskins name. The word most picked was “proud.”

Following “proud” came “indifferent,” “annoyed,” “content,” “satisfied” and “disappointed.”

The Washington Post did not publish the full results of the survey, so we do not know what percentage of respondents offered each response, but regarding the word “proud,” the Washington Post reports that “most of the survey’s respondents felt that way.”

These results echo those of a 2016 poll that found that only 9 percent of Native Americans described themselves as offended by the Redskins name, while 90 percent said it did not bother them.​

Poll of Native Americans’ view of Redskins name finds “proud” most common answer

Most of their population was wiped out, half of them live on reservations, and all of them are drunks. They have better things to worry about. :dunno:

But our next President, 1/1,064th Native American Elizabeth Warren, will make sure they can't be proud any longer!

A new survey has found that Native Americans are more likely to be proud than offended by the name of the Washington Redskins.

The survey, as reported by the Washington Post, asked 500 people who identify as Native American to pick from a list of words which one best described their feelings about the Redskins name. The word most picked was “proud.”

Following “proud” came “indifferent,” “annoyed,” “content,” “satisfied” and “disappointed.”

The Washington Post did not publish the full results of the survey, so we do not know what percentage of respondents offered each response, but regarding the word “proud,” the Washington Post reports that “most of the survey’s respondents felt that way.”

These results echo those of a 2016 poll that found that only 9 percent of Native Americans described themselves as offended by the Redskins name, while 90 percent said it did not bother them.​

Poll of Native Americans’ view of Redskins name finds “proud” most common answer
We've got two reservations here, and one of them is called Indian Township. They apparently have no problem with it, although I am extremely careful not to use the term "Indians" because I hear it is politically incorrect and insulting.

Most of their population was wiped out, half of them live on reservations, and all of them are drunks. They have better things to worry about. :dunno:
Got to love the fellow that rushes in to show off the racism.

We've got two reservations here, and one of them is called Indian Township. They apparently have no problem with it, although I am extremely careful not to use the term "Indians" because I hear it is politically incorrect and insulting.
Oh it is very insulting to the politically correct whites. The friends i have do not mind being called Indians they don't mind calling me white man. They get very insulted when someone tells them what should insult them.

No the correct non-PC, (supposedly) insulting name is "Injuns", I make sure I use it all the time, my Ojibwa relatives do............

Forum List

Back