Nation's largest health insurer about to exit obamacare???!!!

It's true that the confluence of Big Pharma, for-profit insurers, and healthcare providers has resulted in unchecked costs for decades and, while the PPACA was not the best solution, it was the beginning of checking those costs.

Start by denying insurers two of their favorite tricks - lifetime caps and denial for preexisting conditions - and you incentivize them to have a little chat with their friends in the pharma industry and their friends in hospital administration.

Can't turn that aircraft carrier around overnight, but costs will go down.

It's true that the confluence of Big Pharma, for-profit insurers, and healthcare providers has resulted in unchecked costs for decades and, while the PPACA was not the best solution, it was the beginning of checking those costs.

Start by denying insurers two of their favorite tricks - lifetime caps and denial for preexisting conditions - and you incentivize them to have a little chat with their friends in the pharma industry and their friends in hospital administration.

ACA attempts this, nominally, this by denying consumers their only trick - their right to refuse to do business with companies that are screwing them. It sets up citizens as involuntary pawns in a corporatist tug-o-war between government and insurance companies.

ACA attempts this, nominally, this by denying consumers their only trick - their right to refuse to do business with companies that are screwing them. It sets up citizens as involuntary pawns in a corporatist tug-o-war between government and insurance companies.

It provides millions of Americans with affordable health insurance.

And forces them to pay for it, even if they don't think it's affordable, and don't want it.

And forces them to pay for it, even if they don't think it's affordable, and don't want it.

Can you show us a time in the history of any type of insurance where people didn't have to pay for it?

Can you show us a time in the history of any type of insurance where people didn't have to pay for it?

That's an irrelevant question.

I can show you a time in history when they weren't for to buy health insurance from government approved vendors - ie before ACA was passed.

Your belief that people should be given insurance for free is irrelevant? Okay.

Yeah... listen, with all due respect (none), I've got some things to do, so let's move on to the part where it becomes overwhelmingly obvious you aren't going to offer anything other than headgames and talking points and I leave you with "Fuck off Troll", mkay?

Fuck off Troll.

Yeah... listen, with all due respect (none), I've got some things to do, so let's move on to the part where it becomes overwhelmingly obvious you aren't going to offer anything other than headgames and talking points and I leave you with "Fuck off Troll", mkay?

Fuck off Troll.

You're intent on forcing (see what I did there?) the word "forced" into every discussion in this forum. SSDD, and you expect me to honor that?

Try discussing a topic seriously and you'll get serious discussion in return. If you prefer to do this:

CDhCWLa.gif

that's your choice.

Fuck off Troll.

I so enjoy the translations or "bending" that goes on with some posters. I'd love to hear them discussing Thanksgiving dinner. You would not be eating turkey and cranberries would be something else.

I keep asking you guys why you waste your time with her.

Forum List

Back