Nationalized health care inserted in the Stimulus package

Managed care companies have a very strong voice in what your doctor can or cannot do. This is often based on the cost of the procedure involved. Is this the best method of guaranteeing the best care?

I worked for one for 7 years.

Doctors control a great deal in decisions on treatments currently. Although the new NCHIT will control treatments if the Stimulus Bill passes. I think if most people knew this fact there would be an uproar over this secret provision.

Typical bullshit.

There is no secret provision.

Managed care companies have a very strong voice in what your doctor can or cannot do. This is often based on the cost of the procedure involved. Is this the best method of guaranteeing the best care?

Doctors control a great deal in decisions on treatments currently. Although the new NCHIT will control treatments if the Stimulus Bill passes. I think if most people knew this fact there would be an uproar over this secret provision.

Typical bullshit.

It's so secret even YOU don't know about it.

Typical bullshit.

It's so secret even YOU don't know about it.

Typical Republican scare tactics, straight out of Rush's mouth.

The vast majority of job creation for some time has been "small" business. I operate a corporation as does my wife.

We could hire more if our corporate tax rate was lower. Multiply our example by thousands across the United States and you have the potential for hundreds of thousands of new jobs. This wealth creation in turn increases the overall tax base, as well as supporting other business/industries.

If you are talking down tax breaks, you are simply showing an alarming lack of understanding regarding the needs of our economy.

Cut taxes, create growth, jobs, increased opportunity for ALL Americans.

Here's the thing, all I've heard Republicans propose and WANT is Tax cuts. So when you have only tax cuts, then YES it is a bad thing.
because, bobby, tax cuts DO spread the wealth
this nonsense doesnt

Republican Senators are questioning whether President Barack Obama’s stimulus bill contains the right mix of tax breaks and cash infusions to jump-start the economy.

Tragically, no one from either party is objecting to the health provisions slipped in without discussion. These provisions reflect the handiwork of Tom Daschle, until recently the nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department.

Senators should read these provisions and vote against them because they are dangerous to your health. (Page numbers refer to H.R. 1 EH, pdf version).

The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.” Bloomberg.com: Opinion

Wow, that will create jobs dictating to doctors what treatments are appropriate....:cuckoo:

WOW! we currently allow FOR PROFIT INSURANCE COMPANIES to do that now.

You hadn't noticed?

The fact is as long as we have any kind of collective system for paying for health care, be it fully socialized HC or insurance based collectivization, there will be SOMEBODY looking over your doctors' shoulders to make sure that they is not spending money foolishly.

So while you might have very reasonable complaints about socialized medicine, THAT cannot be one of them... IF you are a supporter of what we currently have, at least.

Republican Senators are questioning whether President Barack Obama’s stimulus bill contains the right mix of tax breaks and cash infusions to jump-start the economy.

Tragically, no one from either party is objecting to the health provisions slipped in without discussion. These provisions reflect the handiwork of Tom Daschle, until recently the nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department.

Senators should read these provisions and vote against them because they are dangerous to your health. (Page numbers refer to H.R. 1 EH, pdf version).

The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.” Bloomberg.com: Opinion

Wow, that will create jobs dictating to doctors what treatments are appropriate....:cuckoo:

You hadn't noticed?

The fact is as long as we have any kind of collective system for paying for health care, be it fully socialized HC or insurance based collectivization, there will be SOMEBODY looking over your doctors' shoulders to make sure that they is not spending money foolishly.

So while you might have very reasonable complaints about socialized medicine, THAT cannot be one of them... IF you are a supporter of what we currently have, at least.
yes, but they have to cover what they sold in the policy
there is a HUGE difference
too bad you cant see just how fucked up this is

Typical bullshit.

It's not secret, its in the bill. If Congress hadn't bumrushed this through then Congress would have been able to properly debate it. I posted a few of the provisions in the bill from Rayboy's link....it's pretty clear, big brother will make health decisions for you and your family.

You hadn't noticed?

yes, but they have to cover what they sold in the policythere is a HUGE difference

exactly:clap2:

Obama...we need to pass this stimulus bill to divert the threat of an economic catastrophe.....now that sounds like a scare tatic...

500,000 Americans a month are losing their jobs.

Do you think they are scared?
so you and Obama both are using scare tactics, not Rush

see why i call YOU a moron

You hadn't noticed?

yes, but they have to cover what they sold in the policythere is a HUGE difference

exactly:clap2:
some people just dont want to see the truth

I wonder if anyone has even read the economic stimulus package. Citizens, interest groups and politicians. The drafters of the bill are probably the only ones....

Obama...we need to pass this stimulus bill to divert the threat of an economic catastrophe.....now that sounds like a scare tatic...

500,000 Americans a month are losing their jobs.

Do you think they are scared?

500,000 Americans should be scared by this being passed because now the GDP will shrink over the next 10 years.

I wonder if anyone has even read the economic stimulus package. Citizens, interest groups and politicians. The drafters of the bill are probably the only ones....

They probably haven't read it cover to cover, only parts of it that benefits them. It cracks me up Obama pushed for a speedy bill yet it's set without him signing it for 2 days.....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back