Nationality

Interesting question...what I can say - is every Latino person waving Mexican flags and insist on speaking Spanish..is not an American, or an "estranged American" at best if they were born here.
America IS supposed to be a melting pot...and when you melt items together, they COMBINE to create a new..singular mass. They become as one. A person entering our country, or any country, and insist on identifying another country - is not a member of the country they reside in.

Yes and no.

I understand that people get irritated at Mexicans flying flags at political rallies, but Italians do it on Columbus Day. Here's the mayor of New York.

new-york-city-mayor-bill-de-blasio-marches-in-the-annual-columbus-day-picture-id457165644

And here is St. Patrick's Day with Irish flags.

MI+New+York+St+Patricks+Day+Parade+Dubliners+Getty.jpg

So if the Irish and Italians do it, why not Mexicans?

FTR, it's beyond stupid to not have your kid learn English living in the US.

Because the Irish and the Italian do it for entirely different reason.
They do it to show their pride in their heritage and where they came from.
The Mexicans do it to show that they feel that part of the country still belongs to Mexico.

Lies and assumptions.

Mexican aliens seek to retake ‘stolen’ land

Also I do not believe the Irish ot the Italians have any groups similar to the The Reconquista Movement

Interesting question...what I can say - is every Latino person waving Mexican flags and insist on speaking Spanish..is not an American, or an "estranged American" at best if they were born here.
America IS supposed to be a melting pot...and when you melt items together, they COMBINE to create a new..singular mass. They become as one. A person entering our country, or any country, and insist on identifying another country - is not a member of the country they reside in.

Yes and no.

I understand that people get irritated at Mexicans flying flags at political rallies, but Italians do it on Columbus Day. Here's the mayor of New York.

new-york-city-mayor-bill-de-blasio-marches-in-the-annual-columbus-day-picture-id457165644

And here is St. Patrick's Day with Irish flags.

MI+New+York+St+Patricks+Day+Parade+Dubliners+Getty.jpg

So if the Irish and Italians do it, why not Mexicans?

FTR, it's beyond stupid to not have your kid learn English living in the US.

Because the Irish and the Italian do it for entirely different reason.
They do it to show their pride in their heritage and where they came from.
The Mexicans do it to show that they feel that part of the country still belongs to Mexico.

Lies and assumptions.

Also I do not believe the Irish ot the Italians have any groups similar to the The Reconquista Movement

More guilt-ridden white liberals give any thought to that nonsense than Latino-Americans. Nary a day goes by that there isn't some parade, festival, celebration, etc. by full-on, loyal and true Americans of whatever their family heritage may be - Irish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Mexican, German, Swiss, Dutch, British, Brazilian, Puerto Rican, Salvadoran, Honduran, Guatemalan, Russian, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. Only someone who doesn't understand American culture loses any sleep over it.

Regardless and in spite of my heritage, I am an American because "I" say I am. So even tho I am conservative in political alignment it does not get more liberal than that! I am and will always be an American, period! And by the way, "God save the Queen", and BREXIT!

What is it that makes you British or American or German or whatever ?

Is it place of birth, parentage, passport or any other thing ?

Is it shared values ?

Is it a feeling inside yourself ?

When do immigrants become of that nation in which they settle ?

1.I am second language in EU.
2.I am born in Sweden.
3.Danske, Swede and Finn.
4.I am far from my Finn language but my parents speak Finnish.
5.Immigrants rules are fine in Denmark and Sweden. Become better in Finland 15/16 and 16/17.

You are what you feel as and how others see you as which is intertwined, if no one agrees with you you probably will soon feel not that way. Im a Roma Gypsy and Im a ethnic, cultural and racial minority in Europe and elsewhere if I went. Thats how I grew up and how I learned it and thats how I feel.

I m Human.

thats my internal nationality, Human.

otherwise im mostly German, cause i grew up and lived in germany most of my life. but i got a little american philipino and brasilian inside of me cause i lived in these countrys and went to scool in them.

thats not normal.

but mostly i got those german national traits

I m Human.

thats my internal nationality, Human.

otherwise im mostly German, cause i grew up and lived in germany most of my life. but i got a little american philipino and brasilian inside of me cause i lived in these countrys and went to scool in them.

thats not normal.

but mostly i got those german national traits

You seem a bit confused about the meaning of the word "nationality."

What is it that makes you British or American or German or whatever ?
His own understanding main life things in the way, similar to the particular nation. Main life things inlude religion or atheism for somebody, or other beliefs.

Forum List

Back