Nationalism

th

You and Mr Stanhope can criticize nationalism all you want that's your right as per the 1st Amendment. However...

If you're not willing to defend the United States Of America and those rights where will you be?

******SMILE*****

:)

You and Mr Stanhope can criticize nationalism all you want that's your right as per the 1st Amendment. However...

If you're not willing to defend the United States Of America and those rights where will you be?

One's got nothing to do with the other.

th

You think you have the same right to free speech in other nations?

*****SMILE*****

That was dumb. I'm proud of my ancestors valour.

Me too. But you're missing the point if you think he was saying otherwise. Nationalism isn't pride in your ancestry, it's the belief that we are better than others simply because of our nationality. It doesn't matter if my grandfather was a hero in WWII if I'm lazy and apathetic. The point of Stanhope's rant is that we have to earn our keep. Puffing out our chests and claiming privilege because of someone else's accomplishments is chickenshit.

Me too. But you're missing the point if you think he was saying otherwise. Nationalism isn't pride in your ancestry, it's the belief that we are better than others simply because of our nationality. It doesn't matter if my grandfather was a hero in WWII if I'm lazy and apathetic. The point of Stanhope's rant is that we have to earn our keep. Puffing out our chests and claiming privilege because of someone else's accomplishments is chickenshit.
But Im aware of my Inadequacies, believe me. But I still like to puff in pride about my great grandfather in the Great War, my grandfathers in ww2, my ancestors on the first convict fleet(highway robbers), and especially the lay about deserter from the merchant navy that gave me my last name.

th

So you're saying that with privilege comes responsibility...

Does that mean you support the idea that to earn that privilege a person is responsible for doing something for the government for said privilege?

*****SMILE*****

th

You think you have the same right to free speech in other nations?

*****SMILE*****

Wu0Ub37.gif

Always some wet blanket who just can't tolerate humor. SMFH....

Does that mean you support the idea that to earn that privilege a person is responsible for doing something for the government for said privilege?

Nope.

Nope.
You havent replied to me.

Nope.
You havent replied to me.
Huh?

Forum List

Back