Nationale Health Care is Success in USA

President Obamas ACA is a success. So those that disagree with President Obama and Nationale Health Care are wrong. Nationale Health Care should be a right for everybody to have in America.
LINK VIDEO:
One state, two maps, one success story | MSNBC

Tom Cotton says Mark Pryor 'continues to insist' that Obamacare is an 'amazing success' | PolitiFact

Dr. Katherine Scheirman: Affordable Care Act is a success - Doctors for America

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/14/opinion/paul-krugman-obamacare-fails-to-fail.html?_r=0

How many Americans know how health reform is going? For that matter, how many people in the news media are following the positive developments?
I suspect that the answer to the first question is “Not many,” while the answer to the second is “Possibly even fewer,” for reasons I’ll get to later. And if I’m right, it’s a remarkable thing — an immense policy success is improving the lives of millions of Americans, but it’s largely slipping under the radar.
How is that possible? Think relentless negativity without accountability. The Affordable Care Act has faced nonstop attacks from partisans and right-wing media, with mainstream news also tending to harp on the act’s troubles. Many of the attacks have involved predictions of disaster, none of which have come true. But absence of disaster doesn’t make a compelling headline, and the people who falsely predicted doom just keep coming back with dire new warnings.

I hate to point out the obvious, but Obamacare is not national.

Come to think of it, it isn't even healthcare.

"I hate to point out the obvious, but Obamacare is not national."

What do you mean?

Well my policy runs out next year, probably will just get a basic plan to avoid the fine (as I rarely if ever visit a doctor). But if I ever needed an operation I would get on a plane back to New Zealand, because I don't trust the ACA with my health.
With all the politicizing of the ACA, I think we lose sight of what the law really is. 99% of the law is about insurance, not actual healthcare.

It is Insurance Regulation and it IS National.

Except it isn't, it is specifically designed so that states are responsible, not the national government. This was done so that idiots could claim it incorporated bipartisan ideas.

Well my policy runs out next year, probably will just get a basic plan to avoid the fine (as I rarely if ever visit a doctor). But if I ever needed an operation I would get on a plane back to New Zealand, because I don't trust the ACA with my health.
With all the politicizing of the ACA, I think we lose sight of what the law really is. 99% of the law is about insurance, not actual healthcare.

not really true, it is vast at 2500 hundred pages. It takes control of hospitals and doctors and manages them in a way that will consolidate services and payments. It is killing the private medical practice, for example, and forcing doctors to work for hospitals where they are far less independent and far more regulated as to practice and pay.

not really true, it is vast at 2500 hundred pages. It takes control of hospitals and doctors and manages them in a way that will consolidate services and payments. It is killing the private medical practice, for example, and forcing doctors to work for hospitals where they are far less independent and far more regulated as to practice and pay.
The ACA is actual 906 pages. Critics of the law claim it's 1500, 2400, and occasionally 3,000 pages which proves they have never read it nor even looked at it.
Is Obamacare really that long - Leader-Telegram Tom Giffey

The ACA neither manages hospitals nor doctors. The ACA provides higher Medicare reimbursements to hospitals that achieve better patient outcomes and reduce costs. Insurance companies actually started doing this years ago but now that the government is doing the same thing with Medicare, critics call this government management of hospitals.

Doctors have been leaving private practices since at least 1990 when 67% of the doctors were in private practice. By 2000, the percentage had shrunk to 57%, to 43% by 2009, and is expected to continue falling to 33%.. The reason has little to do with the ACA but rather changes brought on by demographics, technology and changes in the way healthcare is delivered and paid for. The demands for costly electronic record systems and emerging payment models that encourage coordination between health care providers are expected to continue to put pressure on private practices.

In spite of the fear in medical community, the ACA will benefit doctors in a number ways. First it.curtails insurance companies’ power and gives greater control back to doctors. The ban on preexisting conditions for insurance, elimination of life time maximums, making health insurance mandatory, increasing Medicaid, and coverage for adults under 26 means means a lot more revenue for doctors. The ACA also provides a 10% Medicare bonus payment for primary care services; and also, provides a 10% Medicare bonus payment to general surgeons practicing in shortage areas such as rural areas. There are many benefits in the ACA for doctors. I see very little management of doctors in the ACA.

http://coveraz.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Changes-to-Provider-Reimbursement.pdf
Doctors trading independent practices for hospitals large groups The CT Mirror
http://npalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/NPA-ACA.Quick_.Guide_.for_.Physicians.041311.pdf

Except it isn't, it is specifically designed so that states are responsible, not the national government. This was done so that idiots could claim it incorporated bipartisan ideas.

No, sorry.

States are not responsible in the least.

In fact the States only responsibility to make sore the Insurance Companies issue Policies that are compliant with Federal Regs.

Obamacare has:

Rehabilitated the GOP.

Slowed the economy.

It has led to a massive increase in tax inversions.

This is good, how?

No, sorry.

In fact the States only responsibility to make sore the Insurance Companies issue Policies that are compliant with Federal Regs.
True, states don't have a lot responsibility in regard to the ACA. However, those states that elected to create their own healthcare exchanges have taken on a tot of responsibility for the enrollment.

Keep in mind states do have health insurance regulations which the states are still responsible for enforcing. No health insurance company can sell policies in the state without meeting both state and federal regulation.

No, sorry.

True, states don't have a lot responsibility in regard to the ACA. However, those states that elected to create their own healthcare exchanges have taken on a tot of responsibility for the enrollment.

Keep in mind states do have health insurance regulations which the states are still responsible for enforcing. No health insurance company can sell policies in the state without meeting both state and federal regulation.

Not really, the Exchange is the Exchange is the Exchange.

No matter who sets it up the role is the same, just help people enroll.

The basic Platforms have to be the same, the same info is required no matter WHO is running the Exchange.

The ACA is not a private healthcare system, or a UHC system - instead it is a messed up half breed between the two. I wouldn't mind if it was purely a private system, or mostly a UHC system with some private sector partnerships.

But instead the ACA basically plays with plans, and doesn't provide quality coverage to everyone, while forcing health providers to follow arbitrary rules they have no way to really challenge.

When all is said and done, the poor without cover before the ACA are still in a trap, where they have to pay for sub standard cover compared to what they would get under a UHC system paid through taxation.

The ACA is not a private healthcare system, or a UHC system - instead it is a messed up half breed between the two. I wouldn't mind if it was purely a private system, or mostly a UHC system with some private sector partnerships.

But instead the ACA basically plays with plans, and doesn't provide quality coverage to everyone, while forcing health providers to follow arbitrary rules they have no way to really challenge.

When all is said and done, the poor without cover before the ACA are still in a trap, where they have to pay for sub standard cover compared to what they would get under a UHC system paid through taxation.
It's not a private or public healthcare system. It's not even a healthcare system. It's simply a set of regulations, primarily on health insurance companies. It requires additional coverage beyond that required by state laws. It mandates coverage, increases Medicaid coverage, eliminates preexisting condition requirements, and fixes a number of real and perceived problems in the healthcare system.

Like all major legislation, there are a number of problems in the ACA which need fixing. However, that's not going to happen with one side hell bent on repealing the law and the other side determine to change nothing. I believe we are 3 to 5 years away from any changes in the law which is a good thing because it will take that long to determine what parts of the law aren't working and what changes are needed.

No, I insist that the Health Insurance regulations it sets forth are nationwide.

You aren't very good at this.

You also insist that the states do not have rgulations of their own.

Hell, in some states, cites have regulations that prove the the regulations are anything but natural.

For example, in California there are two cities that require dental coverage for a basic health care plan. This regulation doesn't even cover the entire state of California, much less the nation. If Obamacare was truly national everyone, in every single state, would have exactly the same lack of choices. That doesn't even happen inside the state, QED, Obamacare is not national.

But, please, keep telling me how smart you think you are.

Forum List

Back