National unemployment hits 10.2%

To be fair...

The last time we had unemployment above 10.2%, I blamed the previous president.

In 1983, unemployment was 10.4% and I blamed Carter even though Reagan had been in office for over two years.

In 2009, unemployment just hit 10.2% and I blame Bush even though Obama has been in office for ten months

I Blame Bush

We know you do, in spite of the prolific involvement of the Dems- which shows your inability to do much beyond whine.

The economy crashed while Bush was calling the shots.

Just like I blamed Carter in the 80's, I blame Bush now

I Blame Bush

Your hyper-simplistic understanding is readily ascertainable. You blame Bush.

We know you do, in spite of the prolific involvement of the Dems- which shows your inability to do much beyond whine.

I Blame Bush

Really?

How simplistic is it to assume that a President who enters office under the worst recession in 70 years is magically going to fix it in ten months? I gave Reagan three years to fix Jimmy Carters mess, I will give Obama at least the same.

As for now..

I blame Bush

I Blame Bush

Really?

How simplistic is it to assume that a President who enters office under the worst recession in 70 years is magically going to fix it in ten months? I gave Reagan three years to fix Jimmy Carters mess, I will give Obama at least the same.

As for now..

I blame Bush

We know. You blame Bush. Im doubtin there is the capacity for much more in that l'il egghead of yours.

Yet the real rate of unemployment is at 17.5%.

There is no "real" rate of unemployment. There is merely unemployment defined different ways.

By this definition, "real" unemployment when the Republicans were in office was 8%-10%, not 4%, worse than France. But you didn't hear many on the right making this distinction when the GOP was in office.

I don't care who is in office but the 10.2 % report is actually probably low balling what the real figure is.

I Blame Bush

Really?

How simplistic is it to assume that a President who enters office under the worst recession in 70 years is magically going to fix it in ten months?

on the simplicity scale, its on par with "I blame Bush"

3 million jobs lost since the stimulus went into effect.

Good thing taxes are going to go up to combat all this unemployment.

Obviously all of Bush's fault

Those are people who have stopped looking or went from full time to part time after they lost their jobs under Bush:

Job losses swept through most industries again last month, from manufacturing and construction to retail and financial. A broader measure of labor force strength that includes people who have settled for part-time jobs or stopped looking for work showed an unemployment rate of 17.5 percent, up from 8.4 percent before the recession began two years ago.

Easing job losses point to wobbly recovery - Answer desk- msnbc.com

I blame Bush as well. Although some of us hard workers have kept jobs throughout the Bush recessions and continue to work. Not sure why some of you Rs are worried about jobs.

Obama will clean up your mess, the Democrats always do.

Those are people who have stopped looking or went from full time to part time after they lost their jobs under Bush:

Job losses swept through most industries again last month, from manufacturing and construction to retail and financial. A broader measure of labor force strength that includes people who have settled for part-time jobs or stopped looking for work showed an unemployment rate of 17.5 percent, up from 8.4 percent before the recession began two years ago.

I blame Bush as well. Although some of us hard workers have kept jobs throughout the Bush recessions and continue to work. Not sure why some of you Rs are worried about jobs.

Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm youre not a schoolteacher are you? :lol:

I don't care who is in office but the 10.2 % report is actually probably low balling what the real figure is.

If you include people that have stopped looking, it is anywhere from 15-20%.
I have no idea but I know one thing, I don't care who is president they will all try to make that figure look better than it actually is. It is just an A-typical thing all WH Administrations do.

There is no "real" rate of unemployment. There is merely unemployment defined different ways.

By this definition, "real" unemployment when the Republicans were in office was 8%-10%, not 4%, worse than France. But you didn't hear many on the right making this distinction when the GOP was in office.

I think you know me well enough to know that I'm not playing partisan games in saying this is the real rate of unemployment simply because Obama is President. I say this is the real rate of unemployment because this is the way they used to calculate unemployment officially. I don't care if it's a Democrat or Republican in office, this is simply a more accurate calculation.

It's hypocritical to only blame Bush or to only blame Obama. At this point they're both equally responsible for this mess, though neither are the prime culprits.

To those that blame Pres. Bush. Compare unemployment rates under Bush with under Obama. They nearly doubled under Obama.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
1999 4.3 4.4 4.2 4.3 4.2 4.3 4.3 4.2 4.2 4.1 4.1 4.0
2000 4.0 4.1 4.0 3.8 4.0 4.0 4.0 4.1 3.9 3.9 3.9 3.9
2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7
2002 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 6.0
2003 5.8 5.9 5.9 6.0 6.1 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.1 6.0 5.8 5.7
2004 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4
2005 5.2 5.4 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.1 5.0 4.9 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.8
2006 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4
2007 4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.9
2008 4.9 4.8 5.1 5.0 5.5 5.6 5.8 6.2 6.2 6.6 6.8 7.2
Bush ends, Obama begins
2009 7.6 8.1 8.5 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.4 9.7 9.8 10.2

Who is to blame again?:eusa_liar:

It's hypocritical to only blame Bush or to only blame Obama. At this point they're both equally responsible for this mess, though neither are the prime culprits.

They are not equally responsible, though you are right to say that neither are the prime culprits. But if you are looking for culprits, this mess happened on Bush's watch. Obama is trying to clean it up. He'll be judged on whether or not he cleans it up properly. Nine months on the job versus eight years under Bush is hardly an indictment of Obama.

Unfortunately, most people on a political forum want to assign political reasons for things that happen, including for things when partisan politics is a minor player, like the financial crisis. Though the politicians contributed to it, the financial crisis happened primarily outside of the political arena.

Of course, because it wasn't to their political advantage to do so.

Forum List

Back