CDZ “National Service” Should we Consider It?

So no citizenship or voting rights till a few years of wage busting at minimum wage? And what happens to the government workers who are displaced? Do they get some type of unemployment, tied of course to their willingness to train these low wage and inexperienced youngsters?

You displace the ones at the upper end of the Department's, retiring them. The competent lower ranks move up. The incompetent ones get fired.

I'm interested in the part where there's this minimum wage servitude to be completed before a person gets his citizenship or voting rights. So, no national service, no rights? Sounds a little hitlerian to me. What's next, hitler youth, or trump youth or whoever is the prez at the time?

I will NOT take orders from a reagan or a trump. I have better respect for myself and my fellow Americans.

Your response shows you really don’t understand the meaning of service to the nation. The president was elected by your fellow Americans so certainly your excuse not to serve isn’t out of respect for your “fellow Americans”. The key to your response was in the word MYSELF. You fall into one of the masses that both the right and the left has managed to convince that nothing is more important than the title of your political party. This keeps your vote coming in year after year without too much work. Fortunately there are still many of us that understand that service and politics are separate issues.
Bullshit. You do understand that if you are in national service, you serve at the direction of the government, don't you? The person who leads this government must be someone with high standards. A leader. Not a cheap hooker, like nixon and trump. The "president" was elected by cheating. He is a whore who has done nothing but be a whore and a con-man for his entire life. Yet the bibble-thumpers and their cows voted for him. This is why the once-proud USA is circling the drain.
The first thing you have to understand is that the person who leads this country is the one that won the election. Obama was no leader, had no moral values, and used government poorly for political purposes.
President Obama was/is an educated gentleman. A worthy American who served with honor. Now we have someone who has never had any values. he is just a political bitch with no honor and no decency who is out to destroy our nation. Trash.
If that gets you through your day. Obama held no solid American values, weaponized many functions of government, and held beliefs that sounded good in a classroom but failed utterly in practical application.

There was nothing decent or honorable about the man.
There was/is something decent and honorable about President Obama. Don't talk to me about "values." President Obama is a solid American. Now we've go cheap white trash with no values.

There are already numerous youth out there giving their time freely to help others. It has been phenomenal what many have done for the survivors of Harvey. We just don’t hear much about it. The kids that would do a good job are already doing it without forced service. Much better, I think.
I like the concept but I don't believe it would work very well given where our young generation is mentally. They appear to spend the majority of their waking hours on social media, even when they are at school or driving. Seriously do they ever put down their freaking phones? I can't imagine them "volunteering" for much of anything.

Your response shows you really don’t understand the meaning of service to the nation. The president was elected by your fellow Americans so certainly your excuse not to serve isn’t out of respect for your “fellow Americans”. The key to your response was in the word MYSELF. You fall into one of the masses that both the right and the left has managed to convince that nothing is more important than the title of your political party. This keeps your vote coming in year after year without too much work. Fortunately there are still many of us that understand that service and politics are separate issues.
Bullshit. You do understand that if you are in national service, you serve at the direction of the government, don't you? The person who leads this government must be someone with high standards. A leader. Not a cheap hooker, like nixon and trump. The "president" was elected by cheating. He is a whore who has done nothing but be a whore and a con-man for his entire life. Yet the bibble-thumpers and their cows voted for him. This is why the once-proud USA is circling the drain.
The first thing you have to understand is that the person who leads this country is the one that won the election. Obama was no leader, had no moral values, and used government poorly for political purposes.
President Obama was/is an educated gentleman. A worthy American who served with honor. Now we have someone who has never had any values. he is just a political bitch with no honor and no decency who is out to destroy our nation. Trash.
If that gets you through your day. Obama held no solid American values, weaponized many functions of government, and held beliefs that sounded good in a classroom but failed utterly in practical application.

There was/is something decent and honorable about President Obama. Don't talk to me about "values." President Obama is a solid American. Now we've go cheap white trash with no values.

obama was and is a solid muslim. Except that he raised a couple of trashy whores as his daughters. One of which he gave to Harvey Weinstein.

Again, there is NOTHING decent or honorable about Obama. Who we have in the white house is a direct result of people like you and those who think that being vile to those who disagree with you is a-ok..

I did not vote for Trump, nor will I vote for him. But if you progressives were more open to rational thought and compromise, we'd likely have someone in the White House who didn't have some serious personality flaws. However, all that is really just window dressing since the person who ran against Trump is probably the worst human being I've ever had the misfortune to have seen.

obama was and is a solid muslim. Except that he raised a couple of trashy whores as his daughters. One of which he gave to Harvey Weinstein.
He is not a Muslim, he is a member of the United Church of Christ, even if there was/is something wrong with being a member of the Islamic faith. Why do you slur his daughters? What have they ever done that is wrong? Looks like they are two beautiful American girls.

I'm interested in the part where there's this minimum wage servitude to be completed before a person gets his citizenship or voting rights. So, no national service, no rights?

No service or dishonorable service, No Citizenship. No Citizenship, No Rights.

National service? Not a fan of the idea. America is about looking after yourself, not so much the country. People should be attending college so they can make a high wage......

National service? Not a fan of the idea. America is about looking after yourself, not so much the country. People should be attending college so they can make a high wage......

Sure. AFTER they have earned the Right to be a US Citizen. Since there should not be any adult non-citizens in the country it's necessary to determine citizenship before any option for collegiate education exists.

People who serve the country, whether it be military or civil service.have more respect for the country, it's history and their freedom. Those who denigrate every aspect of America and it's values, the country and it's leaders are the ones who take and never give. Therefore they rightly deserve the same respect they give.

The question arises in my mind (again) after reading a piece on the Brookings website about the subject. In that case, the author suggests one year, military or other. I personally feel it should be two.

Bubba Clinton, when not busy chasing after skirts, established the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), an agency overseeing AmeriCorps and other volunteer services. Read about it @ Corporation for National and Community Service It appears to be just another one of those agencies with lofty goals and little else.

But, the idea has always interested me. In order to fully appreciate this country, one needs to see what others have – here and abroad. How many are born and raised in a neighborhood and never see anywhere else but, perhaps, a college campus? How many have been to the gray areas of coal country? Or even the slums of your own hometown? How many have served in soup kitchens. Or community outreach programs. And, better yet, how many have served in uniform?

I don’t know how such a program would work. I do know that it should be for everyone – regardless of sex. Two years of ones choice after taking a sort of IQ test to determine skills and apptitudes.

What do you think?

Anyhow, the article that got me thinking is It’s time to make national service a universal commitment @ It’s time to make national service a universal commitment

It was a way for clinton to get left wingers money...to donate back to democrats...and to indoctrinate young people into being worshipping the government.....

There should be no mandated national service....it should be encouraged to help others....but we do not work for the government....the government works for us...and it doesn't do anything well or efficiently.......these ideas to force people to work for the government, no matter how lofty they are, are a bad idea.....they encourage seeing the government in a way that is destructive of freedom.

This is a really good point...I take back the crap I posted earlier where I thought it would be a good idea. All of a sudden we would have millions of young people working for the govt and getting paid. Where is all this money going to come from? Taxes. Cannot imagine that all these people are getting put to valuable work...not exactly a hallmark of govt operations. We will have all kinds of ridiculous programs pop up to employ all the compulsory service. Every Congressman/woman will be instituting their own "service" project to employ people. When people are “forced” to serve it loses a lot of its value anyway and won't magically make everyone patriotic. Respecting ones country is GOOD...mandatory service is BAD!

The question arises in my mind (again) after reading a piece on the Brookings website about the subject. In that case, the author suggests one year, military or other. I personally feel it should be two.

Bubba Clinton, when not busy chasing after skirts, established the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), an agency overseeing AmeriCorps and other volunteer services. Read about it @ Corporation for National and Community Service It appears to be just another one of those agencies with lofty goals and little else.

But, the idea has always interested me. In order to fully appreciate this country, one needs to see what others have – here and abroad. How many are born and raised in a neighborhood and never see anywhere else but, perhaps, a college campus? How many have been to the gray areas of coal country? Or even the slums of your own hometown? How many have served in soup kitchens. Or community outreach programs. And, better yet, how many have served in uniform?

I don’t know how such a program would work. I do know that it should be for everyone – regardless of sex. Two years of ones choice after taking a sort of IQ test to determine skills and apptitudes.

What do you think?

Anyhow, the article that got me thinking is It’s time to make national service a universal commitment @ It’s time to make national service a universal commitment
Absolutely not under any circumstances. Slavery is not the answer.

Severely and harshly critiquing our leaders is what responsible citizens do. So read this denigration of our current political situation. Both candidates in the last election were reprehensible. Neither was a good choice and I do believe with all the underhanded money changing hands the system has never been as corrupt as it is now. Man that feels awesome!

Forum List

Back