National "service" for children

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Classically Liberal: National "service" for children.

National "service" for children.

There are a lot of false claims about Barack Obama. And I don’t know why. Certainly the accurate problems with Mr. Obama ought to be sufficient reason to not want him anywhere near the White House. Ditto for Biden, McCain and Palin by the way.

This commentator is often conflicted over which policy is the worse offered by a candidate. There are so many bad policies to pick from that the choice isn’t easy. But certainly among the worst policies being proposed is Obama’s desire to put children into “service” to the state.

In July Obama gave a speech demanding that the citizens of this country engage in “service” to the country and said we must all act in “shared sacrifice”. And he thinks this sort of “sacrifice” to the collective is most important for children -- that they need to be taught to serve. My view is that servility is a tool of obedience and that servility and obedience are the hallmarks of slavery.

In particular Obama wanted more young people to learn total obedience to the state by joining the military. I should note to his antiwar supporters that a limited number of bodies to send to war is a limitation on the power of the state to make war. To expand the capacity for war-making also expands the ability of the State to wage war. Obama said he calls “on a new generation of Americans to join our military, and complete the effort to increase our ground forces by 65,000 soldiers and 27,000 Marines.” He said, “we must value and encourage military service across our society.”

He promises to expand “AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that all citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose.” A common purpose? Is this the Third Reich? We have individual purpose not common purpose. Freedom means individual choice not a herd following “suggestions” from the president. And notice how the issues that will be addressed are all top Left-wing issues.

More...
posted by CLS at 9/18/2008 09:21:00 PM

ANGLE FART ..has done the same on many occasions..its all good tho
she can take it as well a she dishes it out..unlike some

I'm sure she LOVES the name you call her. So your motto is "and eye for an eye" -or is it all the chemtrails in your brain and the fluoride in your system that does it to ya?

Last edited:
I think the article pointed out the danger of the political movements that are going on. The trust in the government is scary IMO. I love my country but I also don't trust them. Just like my parents.

Now for the name calling... It achieves nothing but more hate and animosity. Maybe if you want your point to be noticed, you can do it with less hate.

Now for the reason I didn't post my view with it... I'm a mom of 5 kids. My RL comes before all of this.

well i'm glad you reexamined your view on name calling..5 kids ! that is impressive..my hat is off to you !..you don't trust your parents ..that's a interesting statement could you elaborate ?..and hey why don't you guys show angle heart some respect and responed to her post.. instead of my question to her

What absolute bullshit, Angel. Do a little research, Obama has proposed nothing remotely akin to slavery.

You people frighten me. I can't tell if you are really stupid enough to believe obvious propaganda or if you are evil enough to spread obvious propaganda.

He's BS'ing on his military talk. He's playing for "bitter clingers" but his kook base knows better. Hopefully the bitter clingers do as well.

Americorp is a waste of money and manpower when local and state (N)GO's would act more timely, cheaply and efficiently. But if L'il 'O wants to waste money, I believe him.

Of course the centralization of charity is absurd and I can't see a single good argument in favor of it. Slavery? I doubt it, but it is unsupportable.

Instead we should encourage our children to the "every man for himself and to hell with society" school of libertarianism?

FYI that "every man for himself and to hell with society " philosophy is exactly why our banking system is collapsing right now.

Get ready to sup from a steaming pot of STONE SOUP, folks.

Brought to us all by the individual decisions of thousands of libertarians who thought that their selfish decisions wouldn't make any difference to the collective outcome.

Instead we should encourage our children to the "every man for himself and to hell with society" school of libertarianism?

FYI that "every man for himself and to hell with society " philosophy is exactly why our banking system is collapsing right now.

Get ready to sup from a steaming pot of STONE SOUP, folks.

Brought to us all by the individual decisions of thousands of libertarians who thought that their selfish decisions wouldn't make any difference to the collective outcome.

I thought it was because the gov't engineered Fannie & Freddie to give loans to people who couldn't ordinarily qualify?

If everybody provided for himself through hard work (that's the part of the creed you omitted--was it just an accident?) then we wouldn't need Fannie/Freddie or their bailouts.

Forum List

Back