National Polling puts McCain ahead for GOP

McCain's probably their best choice in terms of taking from the middle. Seems they're all within the margin of error, though, which means the party is pretty fractured.

I'm not sure it's any repub's year, regardless of who they put up.

McCain's probably their best choice in terms of taking from the middle. Seems they're all within the margin of error, though, which means the party is pretty fractured.

I'm not sure it's any repub's year, regardless of who they put up.

McCain will never carry hardcore conservative voters. Better hope someone in the GOP wins because this nation will be falt-out screwed if either Hillary of Obama win.

Agreed but there seems to be a deep seated dislike for McCain among many in the GOP. I suppose I can figure out several of the reasons but I can't explain many of the complaints. :question:

If the GOP doesn't get its act together, it could be a very bad year for the party with the elephant.

McCain will never carry hardcore conservative voters. Better hope someone in the GOP wins because this nation will be falt-out screwed if either Hillary of Obama win.

I won't hope any such thing. Bush has made a huge mess over the last 7 years. I wouldn't trust repub president to feed our fish any more. (And no, I didn't feel that way 7 years ago).

You really think they will screw up more than gw? You think we will invade another country that we didn't have to battle? You think they will take away more constitutional freedoms? Explain please...

I won't hope any such thing. Bush has made a huge mess over the last 7 years. I wouldn't trust repub president to feed our fish any more. (And no, I didn't feel that way 7 years ago).

When you dust off all the smoke and rhetoric, he hasn't made any huge mess.

But my comment isn't so much about supporting the GOP, it's the disaster that extremist harpy will bring about as President.

When you dust off all the smoke and rhetoric, he hasn't made any huge mess.

But my comment isn't so much about supporting the GOP, it's the disaster that extremist harpy will bring about as President.

She's not rocking any boats. Nor is she extremist. Richard Nixon was further left than she is.

Wow. I've never seen a race like this.

I do think McCain has the best chance though.

No only does he have the best chance. Of all the people out there right now in the GOP, he would have the broadest appeal.

Gunny, on your fears of what Hillary may do as an "extremist" please note that she is more moderate than even the GOP candiate Ron "is he from Mars" Paul. I haven't heard her make totally irrational remarks.

The Country seems to gravitate from left to right in generation swings. We have been in a swing to the right for the last 7 1/2 years. I do think a swing to the left is around the bend. Hopefully, moderation will rule.

She's not rocking any boats. Nor is she extremist. Richard Nixon was further left than she is.

The Hell she isn't an extremist. She isn't even as good as pretending to be a bit moderate as Bill was. She keeps screwing up and showing her true colors.

She's purposefully trying to not rock any boats for the express reason that people like you wills ay EXACTLY that.

And no, Nixon was nowhere close.

Forum List

Back