National Poll Shows Support for Wisconsin Governor

well, a few things, this is a poll of folks Outside of Wisconsin. There is a level of disengagement that will creep in as they don't have to live with the results either way.

its looks like they tooks pains to balance the poll as much as possible I will give them that-

as noted-
FEN analysts went to great lengths to eliminate bias from ultimate published poll results. Three separate polls were taken, consisting of three polling categories:

Category 1 was a specific request to each of the 10,000+ poll-takers who had taken the FEN October 2009 pre-election poll. That poll had accurately forecast the lack of engagement by younger voters, the high turnout that would be seen by voters over the age of 50, and a strong move to the right by Independent voters, resulting in a predicted “blow out” by Republican candidates.

Category 2 consisted of a request to FEN members to take the poll.

Category 3 consisted of poll-takers who responded to ads appearing on conservative, liberal and union-sponsored websites.

Between March 3 and March 9, in excess of 3,200 voters completed the FEN poll.

Polling data was first analyzed by polling category, and no material differences in results were seen.

Questionnaires from all polling categories were combined into a new database, and from this database of 3200 completed questionnaires, those taken by residents in Wisconsin (10% of total) were excluded. From the remaining 2,900 questionnaires, 500 questionnaires were randomly selected for each political category and combined into still another new database.

The resulting database of 1500 was evenly divided between Democrats, Republican, and Independents, approximating the current distribution of eligible voters, and is the database from which poll results were derived and reported.

FEN analysts believe that bias has been eliminated, and that the results of this poll have a statistical reliability of +/- 3%.

I sppt. Walker and have a feeling that folks who have really educated themselves, indie and reps. and dems would tip the scales in walkers favor but I am not sure how much stock to put in this poll, I think they are very close to the real numbers but I am leery of online polls in any event.

And yes, I would also prefer a poll from a polling org. who is not as close to the issue....*shrugs*

Independents does not describe a poltical stance. There are liberal, moderate, conservative Independents.

Without knowing the political leaning of the Independents in the poll, which I didn't see anywhere, you cannot know if they were a biased subset or not.

really? I'll tell my independent 'moderate' friends....I think you should alert the media too.

Learn to read.

IMO National Polls don't mean much one way or the other.

The voters in WI will decide in 3 years whether the Gov and the Reps have fullfilled their campaign promises.

If not. The Gov and the Reps will bet kicked to the curb and the Dems will get re-elected . The Unions will regain power and the starus quo will be alive and well in WI. Of the course the taxpayers will get hosed but I guess you can't have everything.

Is it reasonable to be skeptical of a poll conducted by a group that advocates for the private sector, and is openly unfriendly to the public sector?

The Free Enterprise Nation's primary mission is to:
•Educate Americans as to the true costs of federal, state, and local governments that redistribute property from taxpayers to government employees and their allies. Educate taxpayers to make them more informed and responsible voters.
•Unify like-minded individuals and businesses to create an organization of strength and mass in order to advance the common cause of the preservation of our free enterprise economy.
•Advocate for the broad and common economic interests of the private sector using every means available, including advertising, appearances by spokespersons on television and radio, providing information to the press, and engaging lobbyists to support or oppose legislation at federal and state levels.
Looks like they teach the economic realities that liberoidals in the gubmint schools don't.

Good on them.

Oh my god, you did not just say 'liberoidal.'

Just what the hell exactly has gotten into you lately?

National polls for the feelings of people in a particular state are meaningless. National polls about the feelings of individuals elswhere that will soon face the same decisions as the good people of Wisconsin do mean something for the outcomes of those issues in those other states.

Forum List

Back