National Organization of Women (NOW) LA President Endorses Palin

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnojw62Epr8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnojw62Epr8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I feel sorry for all the intelligent hard working women out there, These idiot women are setting good women back by going with Mccain just because Palin is a women. It shows lack of character and judgement and because of it you may never see a woman in the Whitehouse.

I feel sorry for all the intelligent hard working women out there, These idiot women are setting good women back by going with Mccain just because Palin is a women. It shows lack of character and judgement and because of it you may never see a woman in the Whitehouse.

lol
you had your chance to put a woman in the white house.. :lol: so cry us a river.

Isn't NOW a women's rights movement? You know? Pro-abortion, et. all? That's kind of scary how they'd be willing to just throw away everything they've fought for just to have a woman in office.

Feminism is finally put to the test...

All you feminists out there...

Do you really stand for feminism or do you stand for a political idealogy and hide behind 'so-called' feminism?

:cuckoo:

But I didn't get any link... please re-post it for me. Cause all I found on the NOW website just now was that they're happy sarah barracuda didn't embarrass herself ... hardly a ringing endorsement.

Feminism is finally put to the test...

All you feminists out there...

Do you really stand for feminism or do you stand for a political idealogy and hide behind 'so-called' feminism?

:cuckoo:

Do you mean women and men supporting things like this: (from their website)

Tell me what's :cuckoo: about these things~

Support Our Valiant Sisters In Their Final Battle
In a show of support for the integral role that the women of the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps played during World War II, Congresswoman Nita M. Lowey (D-N.Y.) has introduced H.R. 3423, the United States Cadet Nurse Corps Equity Act, to classify service in the Cadet Nurse Corps as active military service and to recognize the members as veterans.

Help Pass Paid Leave for New Parents
In June, the House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed their version of the Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act (H.R.5781). Now it is the Senate's turn, and there are only a few short weeks left for them to sponsor and pass S.3140.

Health Care is a Human Right!
The Health Equity and Accountability Act deals with the disparities and discrimination in our nation's health care system, and is an important first step to ensuring that everyone, regardless of their economic, racial and legal status or family circumstances, has health care. It needs MORE sponsors and MORE support.

NO EXCUSES -- Women Deserve Fair Pay
It has been a year since the House passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act and we must demand that the Senate quit stalling and support a bill to restore our rights.

Last edited:
Do you mean women and men supporting things like this: (from their website)

Tell me what's :cuckoo: about these things~

Support Our Valiant Sisters In Their Final Battle
In a show of support for the integral role that the women of the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps played during World War II, Congresswoman Nita M. Lowey (D-N.Y.) has introduced H.R. 3423, the United States Cadet Nurse Corps Equity Act, to classify service in the Cadet Nurse Corps as active military service and to recognize the members as veterans.

Help Pass Paid Leave for New Parents
In June, the House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed their version of the Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act (H.R.5781). Now it is the Senate's turn, and there are only a few short weeks left for them to sponsor and pass S.3140.

Health Care is a Human Right!
The Health Equity and Accountability Act deals with the disparities and discrimination in our nation's health care system, and is an important first step to ensuring that everyone, regardless of their economic, racial and legal status or family circumstances, has health care. It needs MORE sponsors and MORE support.

NO EXCUSES -- Women Deserve Fair Pay
It has been a year since the House passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act and we must demand that the Senate quit stalling and support a bill to restore our rights.

nothing is wrong with those...

I'm just saying, feminism does NOT mean going along with a leftist view.

So someone can't be for equal rights for woman if they are against abortion??

Yes, you can be for equal rights and against abortion. Nobody is stopping you. You could also be against it personally, but believe in a woman's right to choose that option if she's raped or such. It's your choice what you choose to believe and support, just like any Americans right. That's what makes this country so great!

what's sarah's position on Ledbetter v Goodyear?

Oh right... she doesn't know what that is.

And no...you can't be feminist without supporting a woman's right to control her own body.

what's sarah's position on Ledbetter v Goodyear?

Oh right... she doesn't know what that is.

And no...you can't be feminist without supporting a woman's right to control her own body.

Give me a fucking break. She's a governor, not a trivia expert. :cuckoo:

A woman does have the right to control her own body. Abortion gives her the right to change her mind after the fact. :eusa_whistle:

Tammy Bruce backs McCain/Palin. She's on of the former Presidents of the LA chapter of NOW. Tammy Bruce: Biography

A feminist's argument for McCain's VP

A feminist's argument for McCain's VP
Tammy Bruce

Sunday, September 7, 2008
In the shadow of the blatant and truly stunning sexism launched against the Hillary Rodham Clinton presidential campaign, and as a pro-choice feminist, I wasn't the only one thrilled to hear Republican John McCain announce Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate. For the GOP, she bridges for conservatives and independents what I term "the enthusiasm gap" for the ticket. For Democrats, she offers something even more compelling - a chance to vote for a someone who is her own woman, and who represents a party that, while we don't agree on all the issues, at least respects women enough to take them seriously.

Whether we have a D, R or an "i for independent" after our names, women share a different life experience from men, and we bring that difference to the choices we make and the decisions we come to. Having a woman in the White House, and not as The Spouse, is a change whose time has come, despite the fact that some Democratic Party leaders have decided otherwise. But with the Palin nomination, maybe they'll realize it's not up to them any longer.

Clinton voters, in particular, have received a political wake-up call they never expected. Having watched their candidate and their principles betrayed by the very people who are supposed to be the flame-holders for equal rights and fairness, they now look across the aisle and see a woman who represents everything the feminist movement claimed it stood for. Women can have a family and a career. We can be whatever we choose, on our own terms. For some, that might mean shooting a moose. For others, perhaps it's about shooting a movie or shooting for a career as a teacher. However diverse our passions, we will vote for a system that allows us to make the choices that best suit us. It's that simple.

MORE...

Forum List

Back