National Labor Relation Board V/s The Supreme Court of the United States

Does the NLRB's decision TRUMP the SCOTUS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyGunSlinger

Conservative Babe
Feb 6, 2011
Christmas came early for Big Labor last week when the National Labor Relations Board handed down a pair of decisions that overturned longstanding precedent and will deliver a windfall to union finances.

On Wednesday, the NLRB voted 3-to-1 to gut protections for workers who don't want their money spent on politics. In states without right-to-work laws, employees of unionized companies are coerced into paying dues as a condition of employment. But under the Supreme Court's 1988 Beck decision, workers are allowed to withhold the portion of their dues that unions spend on political activity.

Review & Outlook: The NLRB's Union Bonus - WSJ.com

The Question.. DOES THE NLRB trump/overturn a SCOTUS decision?

I made this poll after reading a post on the forum and wondered how the Labor board overturned a SCOTUS decision??

If the SCOTUS no longer matters can states now decide to make Roe V/s Wade illegal? Is this the new liberal precedent?

LGS, this is a neat subject. I am sure this case will go to the 11th Court of Appeals. If it goes against, plaintiff will SCOTUS pick it up? I would think that business will think a bit more carefully about how arbitration agreements for employment are crafted.

Forum List

Back