National identity/constitutional amendment request..

we are a melting pot of various nationalities and that's what makes America special!

i love visiting china town in nyc, and little havanah in miami...and the little italy sections of most major cities....the food is awesome!

While I agree it is common sense to oblige all immigrants to the US to learn English, i don't think it is a good idea to amend the Constitution over this. The Constitution is not a stopgap for the problems of the day, but the most fundamental law of the land. The original framers saw no use in adding a clause about a national language and they did a pretty good job.

No,american people,of all race,color,creed rule again.
dont like it clayton?ship out.
btw,emma..
back to your point..
when sonny purdue was gov...they came in by the droves..unchecked,and gained citizenship.
now with governor deal,we have stricter checks in place.
now clayton,stop diverting the conversation.
ITS NATIONALISM AND IDENTITY.
emma..point#2..
would it change anything?
alot.it would make people respect coming here.
example,would you go to another country,and not know the native language?surely you wouldnt.
so why shouldnt america have the same respect?

V. Americans go to other countries without knowing the native language all the time. They are either military or they are tourists.

Very simple.Bar.none.
ENGLISH to be the OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THIS NATION.
if you are wishing to be naturalized,you must learn,to speak,write,and communicate in the ENGLISH LANGUAGEno matter who you are.

My italian and romanian ancestors had to learn before naturalization.
SO SHALL EVERYONE ELSE.

DONT LIKE IT?
scumbags should leave,or be given a quick exit to their country of origin.

What about Spanish? How can you make that the law when some American citizens live where Spanish is an official language? I guess you would need a constitutional amendment, because it certainly violates the "equal protection" clause.

Forum List

Back