National HealthCare, but No Voter ID?

Got proof?

What does voter registration have to do ith healthcare?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qts17ajsqow]YouTube - Voter admits to voting multiple times for obama in PA[/ame]

I asked for proof of significant voter fraud that would justify requiring nationwide identification

There you go again with Voter Fraud.

We don't necessarily need Voter ID, I'd settle for a purple finger and shooting multiple voters on sight.

Even the Republicans couldn't find widespread voter fraud in the US

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud

Published: April 12, 2007
Correction Appended

WASHINGTON, April 11 — Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.

Skip to next paragraph
Enlarge This Image

Darren Hauck for The New York Times
Nashawna Prude, 9, with a family photo that includes her grandmother, Kimberly, second from left, , jailed for more than a year for voter fraud.

Although Republican activists have repeatedly said fraud is so widespread that it has corrupted the political process and, possibly, cost the party election victories, about 120 people have been charged and 86 convicted as of last year.

Most of those charged have been Democrats, voting records show. Many of those charged by the Justice Department appear to have mistakenly filled out registration forms or misunderstood eligibility rules, a review of court records and interviews with prosecutors and defense lawyers show

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/washington/12fraud.html

nor have I. in fact i don't have one. my name's on the books. all i do is show ID

Mine doesn't ask for any id. How do they know I am who I say I am?

well, there was no id required in massachusetts either, but they asked for my name address and party affiliation..... do you think someone else would know that information about me?

don't YOU think that voter fraud in this manner is easily caught if it even happens, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY?

the best voter fraud loop hole are absentee ballots, being used for dead people.

these criminals don't walk in to voter precincts and vote in the place of someone, they use absentee ballots...is my understanding of this kind of crime.

AND all these years of you voting, them never asking for an id, NOT ONCE was your vote stolen was it? NOT ONCE, did you go to vote and you found out, someone walked in and used your chance to vote already.....has it happened to anyone at all on usmb? NO.

It's a waste of time and money, our money to pursue something like not showing id in some states, at their polls imo.

BUT we should pursue voter fraud....i personally believe states need to tighten up on their absentee ballots and with getting dead people off the voting rolls...and with voter registration, some states need to tighten up on their proof of citizenship aspects before issuing the cards.

Good point care. That's why NJ just approved mail-in ballots for everyone. No reason to go to the polls now. But of course, no one will check signatures there either. Too costly I imagine. :confused:

like i said, we did NOT have to show id in massachusetts either....

we did have to be rigistered to vote in the proper district and we did have to tell the gate keepers our name and address and party affiliation....near impossible for someone to steal your vote... imo.

Showing id at the polls etc, is not what will solve the problem....

the problem is that some states are more lax than others when REGISTERING to vote.

Why do you have to tell your party affiliation?

On Monday, Nevada officials charged Acorn, its regional director and its Las Vegas field director with submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms last year. Larry Lomax, the registrar of voters in Las Vegas, says he believes 48% of Acorn's forms "are clearly fraudulent." On Thursday, prosecutors in Pittsburgh, Pa., also charged seven Acorn employees with filing hundreds of fraudulent voter registrations before last year's general election.........
More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light - WSJ.com

Further igniting the voter fraud/voter registration debate was the news that a national community organizing group is being investigated in at least 14 states and several swing states for massive irregularities. This news would make headlines anyway, but what made it worse was that Barack Obama was a key player in this organization, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, in the past. Obama trained its local leaders, represented the organization in court, and worked to funnel funds to the organization. The Obama campaign also donated $800,000 this year to an ACORN affiliate.
Pajamas Media » The Complete Guide to ACORN Voter Fraud

Theres just a few and I am sure there are more, while this may not indicate that the whole system is corrupted it does seem troubling.

in massachusetts, they require you to register to vote, then every year, they send you a post card, reconfirming that you are still living at the address and district you were registered to vote, it is mandatory to mail this card back, for your name and address to be add to the voter roll at the proper voting place. When you go in, the gate keepers ask if you are a registered Democrat or Republican or whatever....then you give them your full name and you give them your address, and they find you on the list and you sign your name.

And as far as a national ID CARD, THANKS BUT NO THANKS....

And each state is responsible for their own elections according to the constitution.

Um... I registered when I moved back to MD 10 years ago.... When I registered it took 2 minutes... no official ID check.... I have not received any post card or reconfirmation ANY year since I have been here... I show my ID and Card at the polling place but get looked at funny... most people do not even pull a voter registration card out at all... you just walk to the line corresponding the the first letter of your last name, and state your name.... I don't know where you are, but never ever ever ever ever in my voting history have I EVER been asked what party affiliation by any door person, "gate keeper" or anyone else

For a national ID card to have some assurance in being who you say you are when you vote, and ensuring you are actually a fucking citizen... I say HELL YES.... But if you don't want a national ID card (which you would only have to modify the nature of the Social Security card system)... Have the law requiring proof of ID, just as you have to do for even signing up for electrical utility service

same here. you have to register to vote. they get all your info then. party affiliation? I don't get this at all. not required here. that's it. your names now on the list at the voting station. I just show them my drivers license. done.

Last edited:
nor have I. in fact i don't have one. my name's on the books. all i do is show ID

Mine doesn't ask for any id. How do they know I am who I say I am?

well, there was no id required in massachusetts either, but they asked for my name address and party affiliation..... do you think someone else would know that information about me?

don't YOU think that voter fraud in this manner is easily caught if it even happens, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY?

the best voter fraud loop hole are absentee ballots, being used for dead people.

these criminals don't walk in to voter precincts and vote in the place of someone, they use absentee ballots...is my understanding of this kind of crime.

AND all these years of you voting, them never asking for an id, NOT ONCE was your vote stolen was it? NOT ONCE, did you go to vote and you found out, someone walked in and used your chance to vote already.....has it happened to anyone at all on usmb? NO.

It's a waste of time and money, our money to pursue something like not showing id in some states, at their polls imo.

BUT we should pursue voter fraud....i personally believe states need to tighten up on their absentee ballots and with getting dead people off the voting rolls...and with voter registration, some states need to tighten up on their proof of citizenship aspects before issuing the cards.

Aaahhhh . . . . . all I was wondering was why they don't ask for id when I vote. I wasn't even talking about voter fraud or anything. Just a simple question. I would just think they'd ask for some form of id when voting . . . a license or something. That's all. :rolleyes:

in massachusetts, they require you to register to vote, then every year, they send you a post card, reconfirming that you are still living at the address and district you were registered to vote, it is mandatory to mail this card back, for your name and address to be add to the voter roll at the proper voting place. When you go in, the gate keepers ask if you are a registered Democrat or Republican or whatever....then you give them your full name and you give them your address, and they find you on the list and you sign your name.

And each state is responsible for their own elections according to the constitution.

Um... I registered when I moved back to MD 10 years ago.... When I registered it took 2 minutes... no official ID check.... I have not received any post card or reconfirmation ANY year since I have been here... I show my ID and Card at the polling place but get looked at funny... most people do not even pull a voter registration card out at all... you just walk to the line corresponding the the first letter of your last name, and state your name.... I don't know where you are, but never ever ever ever ever in my voting history have I EVER been asked what party affiliation by any door person, "gate keeper" or anyone else

For a national ID card to have some assurance in being who you say you are when you vote, and ensuring you are actually a fucking citizen... I say HELL YES.... But if you don't want a national ID card (which you would only have to modify the nature of the Social Security card system)... Have the law requiring proof of ID, just as you have to do for even signing up for electrical utility service

Massachusetts, they had our names and address on a voter roll separated by party affiliation. My husband was on the republican list and i was on the Democratic list, they then ask our address, then they made us sign the roll.

This is a STATE ISSUE according to our constitution and if maryland is that lax or uncomfortable for you all in maryland, then i would suggest the post card method that massachusetts uses....if you don;t reply then your name gets removed from the voter roll of your precinct to vote....they do allow you to fill out something similar to an absentee ballot, a provisional ballot....if you just forgot to mail the post card back in.

Can the Libruls please explain to me, and I'll try real hard not to laugh, how you can force people to buy HealthCare but we cannot have a National Voter ID?

An interesting question.

It remains a fact that the criminal enterprise know as the Democrat Party has championed weak voter ID enforcement so as to glean every vote, legal and illegal.

Although they claim that strict enforcement results in voter surpression, especially among minority groups, the data indicated the opposite.

This of course includes the thug Obama Administration:

Atlanta - “The decision by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to deny preclearance of Georgia’s already implemented citizenship verification process shows a shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections. With this decision, DOJ has now barred Georgia from continuing the citizenship verification program that DOJ lawyers helped to craft. DOJ’s decision also nullifies the orders of two federal courts directing Georgia to implement the procedure for the 2008 general election. The decision comes seven months after Georgia requested an expedited review of the preclearance submission.
News Room | Press Release

Democrats say the laws keep poor and elderly voters - meaning their voters - away from the polls because it's hard for those people to get photo IDs. But Republicans say such laws prevent voter fraud. The debate might explain why the voter-ID law in Indiana got all its "yes" votes from Republicans and all its "no" votes from Democrats.
Beer, Cigarettes and Voting: ID, Please : NPR

The Obama Justice Department has rejected Georgia’s voter ID system that requires voters provide Social Security numbers and driver’s license data in order to vote. The rejection letter cites the law’s disproportionate impact on “African-American, Asian and/or Hispanic voters” that burdens their right to vote.
Patterico's Pontifications » DOJ Rejects Georgia Voter ID System

And now for the truth:

"Although liberal media support the old wives tale of GOP voter suppression by requiring identification, careful analysis shows a quite different reality:

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.

Controlling for factors that influence voter turn¬out, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.
Based on the Eagleton Institute's findings, some members of the media have claimed that voter identification law suppress voter turnout, especially among minori¬ties.[80] Their conclusion is unfounded. When statis¬tically significant and negative relationships are found in our analysis, the effects are so small that the findings offer little policy significance.

More important, minority respondents in states that required photo identification are just as likely to report voting as are minority respon¬dents from states that only required voters to say their name.”
For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout

Last edited:

Massachusetts, they had our names and address on a voter roll separated by party affiliation. My husband was on the republican list and i was on the Democratic list, they then ask our address, then they made us sign the roll.

This is a STATE ISSUE according to our constitution and if maryland is that lax or uncomfortable for you all in maryland, then i would suggest the post card method that massachusetts uses....if you don;t reply then your name gets removed from the voter roll of your precinct to vote....they do allow you to fill out something similar to an absentee ballot, a provisional ballot....if you just forgot to mail the post card back in.
But why there are separate lists? What's the point of splitting people into par affiliation?

Ame®icano;1715362 said:

But why there are separate lists? What's the point of splitting people into par affiliation?

I really don't know the answer to that DD...

I presume it is a check of sorts, to keep someone from stealing your vote at the polls...just one more thing you need to know, when the gatekeepers ask you these questions to verify who you are...???

we still had antiquated voting machines where you had to push the button and pull the lever in my town too! :eek: only 5k people, maybe only 1500 voters, Elementary school gym was the voting spot....the two old ladies manning the 'gate' were the same ones for the 9 years i was there....

Can the Libruls please explain to me, and I'll try real hard not to laugh, how you can force people to buy HealthCare but we cannot have a National Voter ID?

Actually, the idea of voter id cards is split on the left. On the right,some American Libertarians charge that this is a backdoor approach to Real ID and are against.

In any case, the state is suppose to set laws on how to identify voters. If the state requires identification, the idea is then to ensure that the voter id is available to the voting public(in other words free ID cards). But for NVID, the Federal government is the distributor.

Forum List

Back