CDZ National gun control

What matters is what the SCOTUS majority thinks.

So far the majority of them do NOT like assault style rifles.

Is that just crazy? That hundreds of millions of people are at the mercy of a handful who are no more worthy or capable of meting out justice than anyone else?

On the face of it you can see how stupid and literally insane that is, but after they get done cooking your brains in all the pseudo-philosophy of Civics, and garnishing it with fear, everyone can be made to go along in the hope that it will yield something beneficial. Insanity rarely does.

th

New outfits for the local police forces carrying their authorized firepower.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I noticed that the Brit Sgts are armed just in case a gun is needed. It seems they are needed more and more.

Gun crime is increasing in Britain......they can't stop it.

Is gun crime higher or lower in Britain?

The next question would be about the murder rate.

Then you bring up that Canadian border vs northern U.S. states thing.

Gun crime is going up in Britain, it is going down in the United States.

Gun murder is going up in Britain but it was always lower than the U.S. ......but all murder types in the U.S. are higher than the total murder rate in Britain...but as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%

Canada has an increasing gun crime rate...while our gun crime rate is going down.....and the border....?

Borderland Homicides Show Mexico's Gun Control Has Failed | Ryan McMaken

What About the Canada-US Border?
Do we see similar issues along the Canadian-US border?
As I noted in this article, American states near the northern US border tend to have low homicide rates with states like Idaho, Oregon, New Hampshire, and Maine reporting remarkably low homicide rates that are similar too or even lower than Canadian homicide rates.
Using the same color coding as the previous maps (and the same data source), we see that, with the exception of Michigan (i.e., Detroit) the US-Canada border is marked by homicide rates all below 5 per 100,000:

Source: OECD. Map by Ryan McMaken
Of course, the situation in the Canadian border is immensely different from the situation on the Mexican border in terms of ethnicity, income levels, and climate. Crossing the northern border, however, brings nowhere near the sorts of changes in crime that are encountered on the southern side.
Nevertheless, part of this might be attributed to the fact that Canada is far more gun-friendly than Mexico. There is certainly more than one gun store in Canada (to say the least), and it is estimated by the Small Arms Survey that Canada has twice as many guns per capita as Mexico, with 30 per 100 persons.

th

The NRA and gun owning citizens have been demonized lately by the progressive movement over gun control. Progressives want all firearms they classify as assault weapons banned from public sales because they consider them "military" grade weapons. My thoughts are that since the progressives want to play hard ball with the NRA and gun owning citizens by having the government restrict access to such weaponry and equipment that turn around is only fair play. The NRA and gun owning citizens should bring a class action suit against the government itself for not complying with their own laws. If these firearms are to be considered "military grade" then there's no justification for such firearms and equipment to be in the hands of any agency the government has jurisdiction over than the United States military. Any other agency than the military is only in existence to SERVE AND PROTECT the United States citizen and has no business being in possession of said firearms and equipment. In effect the civil side of the United States government needs to set the example for the citizen to follow.

*****SMILE*****

No.....4 of them are left wing activists, 4 of them are actual Justices, and then you have Kennedy......they have already ruled that Assault weapons are protected by the 2nd Amendment......

D.C v Heller
Caetano v Massachusettes
Miller v United States
Scalia's dissent in Friedman v Highland Park where he specifically states the AR-15 civilian rifle is protected.

as well as other rulings on this.....

th

The NRA and gun owning citizens have been demonized lately by the progressive movement over gun control. Progressives want all firearms they classify as assault weapons banned from public sales because they consider them "military" grade weapons. My thoughts are that since the progressives want to play hard ball with the NRA and gun owning citizens by having the government restrict access to such weaponry and equipment that turn around is only fair play. The NRA and gun owning citizens should bring a class action suit against the government itself for not complying with their own laws. If these firearms are to be considered "military grade" then there's no justification for such firearms and equipment to be in the hands of any agency the government has jurisdiction over than the United States military. Any other agency than the military is only in existence to SERVE AND PROTECT the United States citizen and has no business being in possession of said firearms and equipment. In effect the civil side of the United States government needs to set the example for the citizen to follow.

*****SMILE*****

th

So now we're basing our laws on what a few individuals do and do not like?

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

I noticed that the Brit Sgts are armed just in case a gun is needed. It seems they are needed more and more.

Gun murder is going up in Britain but it was always lower than the U.S. ......but all murder types in the U.S. are higher than the total murder rate in Britain...but as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%

Canada has an increasing gun crime rate...while our gun crime rate is going down.....and the border....?

As I noted in this article, American states near the northern US border tend to have low homicide rates with states like Idaho, Oregon, New Hampshire, and Maine reporting remarkably low homicide rates that are similar too or even lower than Canadian homicide rates.
Using the same color coding as the previous maps (and the same data source), we see that, with the exception of Michigan (i.e., Detroit) the US-Canada border is marked by homicide rates all below 5 per 100,000:

Of course, the situation in the Canadian border is immensely different from the situation on the Mexican border in terms of ethnicity, income levels, and climate. Crossing the northern border, however, brings nowhere near the sorts of changes in crime that are encountered on the southern side.
Nevertheless, part of this might be attributed to the fact that Canada is far more gun-friendly than Mexico. There is certainly more than one gun store in Canada (to say the least), and it is estimated by the Small Arms Survey that Canada has twice as many guns per capita as Mexico, with 30 per 100 persons.

I think we're talking past each other in regards to "gun crime going up".

Here is my logic:

Country A bans all guns and has 3 gun murders per 100,000,000 people in 2025
Country B allows all semi-autos and has 57 gun murders per 100,000,000 ppl in 2025

In 2026 their laws stay the same.
Country A bans all guns and has 5 gun murders per 100,000,000 people in 2026
Country B allows all semi-autos and has 56 gun murders per 100,000,000 ppl in 2026

You sure can say gun murders are going are going up in Country A despite their gun ban and be 100% telling the truth. IMO its a logical failing though because of the difference in their murder rates.

That part about the northern border is extremely interesting though!

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

Here is my logic:

Country B allows all semi-autos and has 57 gun murders per 100,000,000 ppl in 2025

Country B allows all semi-autos and has 56 gun murders per 100,000,000 ppl in 2026

You sure can say gun murders are going are going up in Country A despite their gun ban and be 100% telling the truth. IMO its a logical failing though because of the difference in their murder rates.

.murder isn't how you measure it...since the willingness to commit murder is not the same in all countries.....Britain had a low gun murder rate before they banned and confiscated guns... their gun crime rate is going up after they banned and confiscated guns...

And to show you are wrong again.....as more Americans own and carry guns...our gun murder rate went down 49%...do you see how you don't understand the issue?

How do you explain our gun murder rate going down as more Americans own and carry guns? While the British gun crime rate is going up after they banned and confiscated guns?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

As a proud cracker, I feel obligated to post some serious gun control stuff.

Lemme know whatcha think! Personally, I think that's some good grouping.

Not every gun is capable of achieving that.

bslOv23g.jpg

Here is my logic:

.murder isn't how you measure it...since the willingness to commit murder is not the same in all countries.....Britain had a low gun murder rate before they banned and confiscated guns... their gun crime rate is going up after they banned and confiscated guns...

And to show you are wrong again.....as more Americans own and carry guns...our gun murder rate went down 49%...do you see how you don't understand the issue?

How do you explain our gun murder rate going down as more Americans own and carry guns? While the British gun crime rate is going up after they banned and confiscated guns?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Is this chart right?

I really did not vet the source much at all.

gun-homicidesjpg-be4b8531aebe3ccf.jpg

Here is my logic:

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Is this chart right?

I really did not vet the source much at all.

gun-homicidesjpg-be4b8531aebe3ccf.jpg

Don't know......

Forum List

Back