National Guard to Deploy to Southwest Border Aug. 1! 24 Years Too Late!

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
Administration officials on Monday announced that the 1,200 National Guard troops pledged weeks ago by President Obama will deploy to the southwest border starting on Aug. 1 as part of an effort to bring the region "under control."

Alan Bersin, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, said the troops would "support" the work of Department of Homeland Security personnel already operating on the border.

"The Guard has been a tried and tested support to law enforcement ... and I'm confident they'll prove it again in this instance," Bersin said.

- Trimmed due to Copyright, Modbert.

FOXNews.com - National Guard to Deploy to Southwest Border Aug. 1

------------------------------------------------------

How much border can 1200 troops cover?

I hope our Guardsmen stay safe.

they will be, because the asshole intends to use them as glorified secretaries instead of the fighting force they are. IF he were serious the NG would be out patrolling the border instead of simply manning checkpoints and watching cameras.

they will be, because the asshole intends to use them as glorified secretaries instead of the fighting force they are. IF he were serious the NG would be out patrolling the border instead of simply manning checkpoints and watching cameras.

According to the Obama administration, nearly half of the troops will be sent to the volatile Arizona-Mexico border. A total of 524 will be stationed in Arizona, with 250 in Texas, 224 in California and 72 in New Mexico. An additional 130 will serve in "command-and-control" and other support positions.

According to the Obama administration, nearly half of the troops will be sent to the volatile Arizona-Mexico border. A total of 524 will be stationed in Arizona, with 250 in Texas, 224 in California and 72 in New Mexico. An additional 130 will serve in "command-and-control" and other support positions.

They've already announced that the Guard will not be out patrolling the border

• Banned

A half a MILLION men in the US Armed Forces and they could only come up with 1,200 for the border.

"If there be a war, let it begin here"
Capt John Parker...Battle of Lexington.​

Last edited:

Really? Did you read the Fox New article in the OP?

Some border-state lawmakers criticized the National Guard plan as too weak to make a dent in border security challenges and expressed concern that the 1,200 who are deployed would be relegated to desk jobs. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who has called for 6,000 National Guard troops, claims 1,200 is not enough. Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., in May expressed concern that the Guard deployment would not add "boots on the ground."

But officials on Monday described the deployment as a "bridge" to keep border security strong while 1,000 CBP agents are added over the next year.

National Guard Bureau Chief Gen. Craig McKinley said the Guard at the border would be working on criminal and intelligence analysis, as well as "entry identification" -- a specialty that involves surveillance. He said the full National Guard force should be stationed in the four U.S. border states by September.

An additional 130 will serve in "command-and-control" and other support positions.

Last edited:
You know that this will not be a use for patrolling or guarding the boarder.. and you know that they will indeed be instructed to 'help' rather than turn away or deter the illegal border crossers

There are some who would spew hate on Obama if he did everything they wanted him to do.

Really? Did you read the Fox New article in the OP?

Some border-state lawmakers criticized the National Guard plan as too weak to make a dent in border security challenges and expressed concern that the 1,200 who are deployed would be relegated to desk jobs. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who has called for 6,000 National Guard troops, claims 1,200 is not enough. Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., in May expressed concern that the Guard deployment would not add "boots on the ground."

But officials on Monday described the deployment as a "bridge" to keep border security strong while 1,000 CBP agents are added over the next year.

National Guard Bureau Chief Gen. Craig McKinley said the Guard at the border would be working on criminal and intelligence analysis, as well as "entry identification" -- a specialty that involves surveillance. He said the full National Guard force should be stationed in the four U.S. border states by September.

An additional 130 will serve in "command-and-control" and other support positions.

And you better not throw any rocks at them, Mexico!!

so he does what they want and CH spits on him for it.

He didn't do what I wanted, and I haven't spit on him. Fool

IF he did what I wanted. We'd have 10,000 troops on the border, and they would be patrolling the borders and would be weapons free to defend themselves at any time.

He didn't do what I wanted, and I haven't spit on him. Fool

IF he did what I wanted. We'd have 10,000 troops on the border, and they would be patrolling the borders and would be weapons free to defend themselves at any time.

If he did what I wanted, Mexico would be radioactive by now! You can't miss "glow-in-the-dark" illegals now can you!

When I opened this thread and read the OP I swear I knew someone was going to say JUST what TM here said. So before I even started reading replys I instantly thought of a comeback, it's not that hard to do really...

"Better to be the person criticizing crap work than being the person over praising crap work.

TM, that's you, giving extra credit to shit work. Also I think you should know Obama did this only because he knew his muppets (people like you TM) would come out and say what you did despite him not actually adressing the real issue.

None asked for Obama to do this, they asked for much more and much better. He did as little and pointless as possible, that's all.

Forum List

Back