National Groups File Challenge to Obama’s Unconstitutional Stacking of NLRB

Right!

And the President clearly agreed since he signed the bill.

For the love of God, would you please get back to reality? Since when does the President signing a bill into law magically make the Senate in session and out of recess?
What makes the Senate in session is the fact that they say they're in session.

And that's what they say.

The President does not have the authority to screech, "Nuh-UH!! I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna make an appointment!!"

Even if these business organizations have standing to sue – which is in of itself problematic – the courts are not going to get involved it what is essentially a conflict between two branches of Federal government:

Wanna place a wager on that?

The constitution explicitly grants the President the power to fill vacancies when the Senate is in recess with commissions that expire at the end of the Senate's session. It's absolutely asinine to insist that Obama violated the constitution for exercising a power explicitly given to his office.

The Senate was technically in session. And THAT is Obama's problem.

The constitution explicitly grants the President the power to fill vacancies when the Senate is in recess with commissions that expire at the end of the Senate's session. It's absolutely asinine to insist that Obama violated the constitution for exercising a power explicitly given to his office.

The Senate was technically in session. And THAT is Obama's problem.

It would have to be in session to be recessed.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back