National Debt solution...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Want to see the National Debt go down very quickly??? If we could pass a law that stated no President or member of Congress would receive any type of retirement benefit after they leave office if there is any remaining National Debt on the day they leave their elected office. Betcha there will be some very fast action taken and spending money like it's going out of style would come to a sudden stop!

Want to see the National Debt go down very quickly??? If we could pass a law that stated no President or member of Congress would receive any type of retirement benefit after they leave office if there is any remaining National Debt on the day they leave their elected office. Betcha there will be some very fast action taken and spending money like it's going out of style would come to a sudden stop!

i think we should lower all publicly elected officals salaries to $50,000 annually. this way they would actually go to washington because they wanted to make a difference, not simply because politics is profitable. $174,000 for senators and congressmen is a nice chunk of change before pension and benefits.

I have another idea.

The per capita debt is now approximately $45K per person.

I would happily pay $90K to settle Mr. Boe and my share of the debt and give up any Social Security (not ready to give up Medicare if they completely screw up our health care system so that it is the only alternative), if the government makes a binding, cannot be changed ever agreement to the following:

- Income tax rate of 10% or the lowest rate on the tax tables, whichever is lower. I will give up all tax deductions.
- No more payments into Social Security.
- Medicare payments at the current 1.45% or the the new rate, whichever is lower.

Forum List

Back