National Debt now more than $2-trillion larger than on the day Pres Trump took office

Funny how much they increased over Obamas last deficits....
Obama spent more than all other Presidents COMBINED. Trump has a long way to go to match THAT record.
And you'll cheer him on as he does it..
Depends on what the money is spent on. If he does something outrageous like give $150 billion to Iran or put another 13 million people on welfare I will criticize him for it.
It is also dependent on if you are so fucking stupid you think releasing Iran's assets is the US paying them 150 billion dollars.
You mean the assets seized by Carter for taking 52 American hostages and holding them for 444 days? I guess it makes you feel better now that they have that money back, huh? Now they can accelerate their nuclear weapons production (just like Marxist Obama planned).

Assets frozen as sanctions against their nuclear program. You get dumber every day.

Numbers posted today by @USTreasury show the National Debt ended 2018 more than $2-trillion larger than on the day Pres Trump took office. It represents a 10% increase in the Debt on Pres Trump's watch. National Debt now stands at $21.974-trillion. 1

Whatever happened to the party of fiscal responsibility?

Mark Knoller on Twitter
The national debt can't be slowed down no matter who's in the White House.
We will never pay off the debt and we'll never see the missing trillions again.
But it may not be so bad when the SHTF.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

You pity people solely on the basis of their political leanings (or lack thereof)?
No, I pity fools like you who fail to recognize that the Democratic Party embraces the same Marxist ideology that tyrants such as Josef Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, and Fidel Castro embraced.
I am just glad I don't have to go through life as such a total ignorant uneducated dick like you.

You pity people solely on the basis of their political leanings (or lack thereof)?
No, I pity fools like you who fail to recognize that the Democratic Party embraces the same Marxist ideology that tyrants such as Josef Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, and Fidel Castro embraced.
I am just glad I don't have to go through life as such a total ignorant uneducated dick like you.
Still waiting for an answer to post #126. I guess it's easier to just post meaningless insults than it is to present a real argument.

Obama spent more than all other Presidents COMBINED. Trump has a long way to go to match THAT record.
Depends on what the money is spent on. If he does something outrageous like give $150 billion to Iran or put another 13 million people on welfare I will criticize him for it.
It is also dependent on if you are so fucking stupid you think releasing Iran's assets is the US paying them 150 billion dollars.
You mean the assets seized by Carter for taking 52 American hostages and holding them for 444 days? I guess it makes you feel better now that they have that money back, huh? Now they can accelerate their nuclear weapons production (just like Marxist Obama planned).

Assets frozen as sanctions against their nuclear program. You get dumber every day.
They've had assets frozen several times, beginning with the hostage crisis in 1979, dumbshit.

Question: the federal deficit in FY 2017 was $666 billion, and was $779 billion in FY 2018. So, how'd the national debt grow by $2 trillion over Trump's 1st 2 years in office?

The Treasury Department today released a report showing the official fiscal year 2018 deficit was $779 billion, an increase of $113 billion, or 17 percent, from last year.

FY 2018 Deficit Was $779 Billion

I believe I may found the answer to my own question: the interest paid on the national debt over the past 2 years is somewhere around $573 billion, which I believe when added to Trump's deficits takes you over $2 trillion in new debt. So, when the dishonest Left tries to bitch about the increase in the debt during Trump's time in office, it's partly due to the interest we have to pay on the debt accrued before he even took office.

4 Ways to Reduce the Interest on the Debt

Which BTW IS steadily rising, due to higher interest rates and a bigger principal debt number. At this point, I think it's pointless to point fingers at only one side; the truth is that we are passing on to our kids and grandkids one heckuva problem. The only way out IMHO is both spending cuts and higher revenues, but mostly cuts from reforms to our entitlement programs. I think we may have to go the route that the Europeans are using, a VAT tax.

Question: the federal deficit in FY 2017 was $666 billion, and was $779 billion in FY 2018. So, how'd the national debt grow by $2 trillion over Trump's 1st 2 years in office?

The Treasury Department today released a report showing the official fiscal year 2018 deficit was $779 billion, an increase of $113 billion, or 17 percent, from last year.

I believe I may found the answer to my own question: the interest paid on the national debt over the past 2 years is somewhere around $573 billion, which I believe when added to Trump's deficits takes you over $2 trillion in new debt. So, when the dishonest Left tries to bitch about the increase in the debt during Trump's time in office, it's partly due to the interest we have to pay on the debt accrued before he even took office.

Which BTW IS steadily rising, due to higher interest rates and a bigger principal debt number. At this point, I think it's pointless to point fingers at only one side; the truth is that we are passing on to our kids and grandkids one heckuva problem. The only way out IMHO is both spending cuts and higher revenues, but mostly cuts from reforms to our entitlement programs. I think we may have to go the route that the Europeans are using, a VAT tax.
We could start by cutting off ALL welfare to illegal immigrants and build the damn wall to keep more from coming in while we round up the parasites who are already here, committing crimes.

but hey, the rich got richer faster.

Nowhere near as fast as they did under Obama's QE1 and QE2 when he made 800 billion dollars disappear each time into his crony friend's pockets overnight.
What a liar.

First 1/3rd of that money was tax cuts for working Americans.

100 billion was for infrastructure

Another pile went to the States to help them maintain services like teaching, police & fire

So where is the money for the wealthy?

Get REAL UnReal Dave! Obama tax cuts? Infrastructure? To the states? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Next you'll tell me it went to "shovel-ready" jobs!

but hey, the rich got richer faster.

Nowhere near as fast as they did under Obama's QE1 and QE2 when he made 800 billion dollars disappear each time into his crony friend's pockets overnight.
What a liar.

First 1/3rd of that money was tax cuts for working Americans.

100 billion was for infrastructure

Another pile went to the States to help them maintain services like teaching, police & fire

So where is the money for the wealthy?

Get REAL UnReal Dave! Obama tax cuts? Infrastructure? To the states? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Next you'll tell me it went to "shovel-ready" jobs!

Look, I posted the truth. 38% were tax relief.

The idea you deny it proves just how fucking stupiu, ignorant & uneducated you really are.

We could start by cutting off ALL welfare to illegal immigrants and build the damn wall to keep more from coming in while we round up the parasites who are already here, committing crimes.
illegals don't get federal welfare

They've had assets frozen several times, beginning with the hostage crisis in 1979, dumbshit.

You're the one too stupid to know that the sanctions lifted had to do with the ones placed because of their nuclear ambitions.

Yup, who needs federal welfare when then can get state welfare.

So how would cutting off any State welfare pay for the fucking Wall?

Well, the way it usually works, is that if you don't piss away money....you have more money. Not that complicated for most.

They get federal welfare too. I see it frequently on their housing applications.

Well, the way it usually works, is that if you don't piss away money....you have more money. Not that complicated for most.
Everything is complicated for that moron.

38% were tax relief. proves just how fucking stupiu, ignorant & uneducated you really are.

Gee, how can I top that. Unreal puts his own gun to his head and blows his own brains out in an attempt to outsmart himself. Another Leftard goes down with his own self-inflicted stupidity implosion.

I thought tax cuts always pay for themselves?
They do when the cuts are directed at the working class because the working stiff spend his tax cut generating sales and jobs unlike the wealthy who sock their tax cuts into savings, municipal bonds, and investments oversea.

Forum List

Back