National Association of Manufacturers Report Shows Grim Economic Future

Who is it again that is unwilling to compromise? That unwillingness is what got our credit rating downgraded and if something is not done about it, it will happen again.

That would be Harry Reid and Obama.

The people put the Republicans in charge of the House of Representatives, and instead of compromising with the people's agenda, Harry Reid decided to simply destroy the time-honor process of compromise by simply shutting down government and letting Obama attempt to rule by Executive Order.

Worst Ever.

Not sure the people's agenda included playing chicken with government default, those teabagger neophytes elected in 2010 had no idea what they were doing using the debt ceiling raise as a political football. It seems the empty headed twits who voted for them are still clueless about why we stand on the edge of a "fiscal cliff" today and still looking to pin a disaster of their own making on the president.

2010? Here I thought Obama took office in 2008? Ya never know...:cool:

That would be Harry Reid and Obama.

The people put the Republicans in charge of the House of Representatives, and instead of compromising with the people's agenda, Harry Reid decided to simply destroy the time-honor process of compromise by simply shutting down government and letting Obama attempt to rule by Executive Order.

Worst Ever.

Not sure the people's agenda included playing chicken with government default, those teabagger neophytes elected in 2010 had no idea what they were doing using the debt ceiling raise as a political football. It seems the empty headed twits who voted for them are still clueless about why we stand on the edge of a "fiscal cliff" today and still looking to pin a disaster of their own making on the president.

This has a hell of a lot more to do with Boehner losing control of the republican caucus in the house than anything Obama did, keep trying though.

announced they would layoff 2,500, closing 20 manufacturing plants, mainly in EU.

DuPont is taking simliar action liquidating 2% of their world-wide workforce.

I hope these guys can get jobs teaching or being a fireman.

Last edited:

This has a hell of a lot more to do with Boehner losing control of the republican caucus in the house than anything Obama did, keep trying though.

That's a nice two-step. Can you waltz as well?

Can you contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way? All you are saying is that it's somehow all Obama's fault, until you back that up with something other than unfunny captioned pictures then you have said nothing and that includes sniperfire too. Forgive me if I am infecting your Obama bashing thread with uncomfortable facts that you seem to have forgotten but someone has to drag you into the cold light of reality.

Can you contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way? All you are saying is that it's somehow all Obama's fault, until you back that up with something other than unfunny captioned pictures then you have said nothing and that includes sniperfire too. Forgive me if I am infecting your Obama bashing thread with uncomfortable facts that you seem to have forgotten but someone has to drag you into the cold light of reality.

Do you drink?

Do you drink?

Only in moderation but what does that have to do with your stubborn and embarrassing refusal to discuss the topic of your own thread?

Do you drink?

Only in moderation but what does that have to do with your stubborn and embarrassing refusal to discuss the topic of your own thread?

Because you are seeing things. I didn't post any pictures for starters. I also did throw something out to you that you danced around. I guess your idea of me discussing this... is for me to agree with you...sadly...I do not.

Republicans don't give a shit about manufacturing in the U.S. - that's why they give tax breaks to companies who move manufacturing overseas.

Thread FAIL.

What tax breaks to move jobs overseas? Obama could not even answer that one in the debate.

Transcript of 1rst Presidential debate 10/04/2012
OBAMA: ... "I also want to close those loopholes that are giving incentives for companies that are shipping jobs overseas. I want to provide tax breaks for companies that are investing here in the United States"

ROMNEY: … "You said you get a deduction for taking a plant overseas. Look, I've been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you're talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant. But -- but the idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case."

LEHRER: Let's...

ROMNEY: But -- but the idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case.

Last edited:
Do you drink?

Because you are seeing things. I didn't post any pictures for starters. I also did throw something out to you that you danced around. I guess your idea of me discussing this... is for me to agree with you...sadly...I do not.

Excuse me for thinking that a youtube video of Obama was somehow an off-topic diversion as well as your baseless accusations of the senate being stubborn and refusing to compromise, perhaps you can tie it all together in way that at least partially resembles reality and gives at least a tiny bit of the blame to the republican house that initiated the whole fiasco.

Excuse me for thinking that a youtube video of Obama was somehow an off-topic diversion as well as your baseless accusations of the senate being stubborn and refusing to compromise, perhaps you can tie it all together in way that at least partially resembles reality and gives at least a tiny bit of the blame to the republican house that initiated the whole fiasco.

Just stop. Basically your "messiah" is a piece of shit. The sooner you admit that, the happier you will be! Set yourself free from the chains! We Romney supporters, will welcome you with open arms!

Just stop. Basically your "messiah" is a piece of shit. The sooner you admit that, the happier you will be! Set yourself free from the chains! We Romney supporters, will welcome you with open arms!

I do not think you are even familiar with the timeline of the 2011 debt ceiling fiasco since to do not even acknowledge it occurred.

I want to hear how this is all Obama's fault.

He took responsibility. I believe even he said how everything would be great before the end of his first time. Oh, that's probably Bushs fault he said that?

Lame, we are seeing a bunch of republicans trying to blame the "fiscal cliff" on Obama but I have yet to hear one explain exactly how a plan drawn up and passed by the republican house as a deal to get the debt ceiling raised is all his fault. They precipitated the debt ceiling "crisis", they kicked the can down the road to make it an election issue and then failed to even to do that.

The fiscal cliff is coming because taxes will go up in January, more people are on the doles and Obamacare and other policies have scared the people who do the hiring.

Republicans don't give a shit about manufacturing in the U.S. - that's why they give tax breaks to companies who move manufacturing overseas.

Thread FAIL.

What tax breaks to move jobs overseas? Obama could not even answer that one in the debate.

OBAMA: ... "I also want to close those loopholes that are giving incentives for companies that are shipping jobs overseas. I want to provide tax breaks for companies that are investing here in the United States"

ROMNEY: … "You said you get a deduction for taking a plant overseas. Look, I've been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you're talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant. But -- but the idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case."

ROMNEY: But -- but the idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case.

Here:

For example: If a company was closing a plant to move that plant overseas and
incurred $1 million in expenses – ranging from the cost of scrapping equipment
to shipping physical capital to clean up costs – it could right now deduct those
expenses, and get a tax reduction of $350,000 (assuming the firm faces the 35
percent statutory tax rate). The President proposes to eliminate this tax
deduction. And, if a corporation moving jobs to the U.S. incurred similar
expenses, the President proposes to provide that company with a tax credit of
$200,000 to help offset these costs and encourage investment here at home.

.PDF LINK

AND:

TAX BREAKS FOR SHIPPING JOBS OVERSEAS

Romney challenged Obama's statement that companies can take a tax deduction for shipping jobs overseas.

"Look, I've been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you are talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant. The idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case," Romney said.

What Obama was actually describing was a tax break for ordinary business expense, including deductions allowed for a company if it closes its plant in the United States and moves it to another country.
In July, Senate Republicans blocked a Democratic proposal that would have provided a tax credit to companies that move production back to the United States. It also would have ended the tax break that companies can claim when closing a domestic plant, even if operations are moving abroad.

Fact or fiction in the U.S. presidential debate? | Reuters

AND:

In fact, Senate Republicans recently blocked a Democratic bill that would have provided a tax credit to companies that move jobs back to the United States and ended a tax break for companies moving operations overseas.

Like I said: THREAD FAIL

Last edited:

Thread FAIL.

Here:

For example: If a company was closing a plant to move that plant overseas and
incurred $1 million in expenses – ranging from the cost of scrapping equipment
to shipping physical capital to clean up costs – it could right now deduct those
expenses, and get a tax reduction of $350,000 (assuming the firm faces the 35
percent statutory tax rate). The President proposes to eliminate this tax
deduction. And, if a corporation moving jobs to the U.S. incurred similar
expenses, the President proposes to provide that company with a tax credit of
$200,000 to help offset these costs and encourage investment here at home.

.PDF LINK

AND:

TAX BREAKS FOR SHIPPING JOBS OVERSEAS

Romney challenged Obama's statement that companies can take a tax deduction for shipping jobs overseas.

"Look, I've been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you are talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant. The idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case," Romney said.

What Obama was actually describing was a tax break for ordinary business expense, including deductions allowed for a company if it closes its plant in the United States and moves it to another country.
In July, Senate Republicans blocked a Democratic proposal that would have provided a tax credit to companies that move production back to the United States. It also would have ended the tax break that companies can claim when closing a domestic plant, even if operations are moving abroad.

Fact or fiction in the U.S. presidential debate? | Reuters

AND:

In fact, Senate Republicans recently blocked a Democratic bill that would have provided a tax credit to companies that move jobs back to the United States and ended a tax break for companies moving operations overseas.

Like I said: THREAD FAIL

I found "H.R.5542 Bring Jobs Home Act" but I cant find any votes on it to back the claim that Republicans blocked the bill.

The report called the potential job loss “dramatic” and said the economy could lose 3.6 million jobs by 2013 and in 2014, “the peak year of loss, employment is 5.7 million jobs lower relative to the baseline.” The unemployment level could be at nearly 12 percent in 2014 and remain poor through 2015.

“Even if the Administration and Congress resolve the uncertainty before the end of the year, economic growth already has sustained significant damage,” the report concluded. “The short-term fiscal contraction set for 2013 will trigger long-run durable losses to GDP, productivity, and real income.

“Even under the best-case scenario, it will take almost a decade for economic activity and employment to reach the levels they would have reached without a fiscal shock. While the spending cuts and tax increases reduce the federal deficit and debt, the substantial negative consequences of not addressing the end-of-year fiscal crisis before it happens will be
devastating.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: National Association of Manufacturers Report Shows Grim Economic Future

First, here is the link you failed to provide: National Association of Manufacturers Report Shows Grim Economic Future

Newsmax is the Democratic Underground of the right.

Second, here is a key part you left out:

The report, “Fiscal Shock: America’s Economic Crisis,” paints a grim picture of the failure of the government to address the looming $100 million in budget cuts adopted last year by Congress and the end of $400 million in tax cuts.

“The worst could be ahead,” the report said. “If the fiscal contraction happens, the economy will almost certainly experience a recession in 2013 and significantly slower growth through 2014.

Third, it is already common knowledge that IF nothing is done to avert the coming Fiscal Cliff, there will be a recession. I know this article had an October Surprisey feeling to it for you, but this is not news.

Fourth, here is the link to the actual report, unfiltered by a clown site: Fiscal Shock: America's Economic Crisis - National Association of Manufacturers - Manufacturing Association

Fiscal Shock: America’s Economic Crisis reveals the devastating economic consequences of not addressing the fiscal cliff before it happens. The NAM’s report concludes the following:

It has a nice graphic of storm clouds and lightning bolts on the cover for dramatic effect. Cue doom music...

Fifth, NAM is a lobbying group, not to be confused with the objective data you get from the ISM Manufacturing Index.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back