Nathan Fletcher leaves the GOP

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Nathan Fletcher Leaves GOP Weeks Before Mayoral Election - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego
<excerpt>
"Today I am leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent," Fletcher said in the clip. "In my heart, I believe it's what's right and what best reflects my values. I also believe it's what's right for our city moving forward ..."
Alluding to the contentious nature of the current political climate, he added: "I don't believe we have to treat people we disagree with as an enemy."
Fletcher, who served a decade in the Marine Corps, currently represents the 75th Assembly District. He is running to replace Mayor Jerry Sanders, who will be termed out.

nathan fletcher leaves gop - YouTube.

I was going to ask "who?" but the article answered that.

It's his choice. And he has noble reasons, im not sure how geniune he is. but Im willing to take him at his word.

The Republican Party is so far to the right that they would kick out Nixon and Reagan if they were alive today.

The Republican Party is so far to the right that they would kick out Nixon and Reagan if they were alive today.

Nixon and Reagan were statist hacks. However, Republicans love them, especially Reagan.

It would be nice to see the Republican party embrace a Conservative like Goldwater or Ron Paul, but they are more allergic to Conservatives than they are to statists hacks.

Forum List

Back