Nate Silver on weakness'of his long-established competition

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
He owns the rest of the polling establishment :badgrin: I especially like #1 :lol:

Ranking Nate Silver’s Trashiest Post-Election Trash Talk
1. "Peggy Noonan is someone who is very, very skilled at making bullshit look like some elegant soufflé. She’s very good at rhetoric and argument, but it’s still not grounded in the truth — it all falls apart every four years, but I don’t think she’ll be out of a job any time soon.”

Last edited:
I was glad to hear Rachel Maddow was getting better ratings than Sean Hannity but big money and Fox still support a whole orchestra of idiots. Here's a list I complied in a few minutes. When money wants talking head puppets I guess there are lots available.

Edit: Our own PC should be on this list, but where?

Pretentious idiots of the right

Charles Krauthammer #1
Dick Morris
Karl Rove
Laura Ingraham
Mark Levin
Michael Barone
Michelle Malkin
Neut Gingrich
Peggy Noonan

Mild nutcases of the right

Bill O'Reilly
Dennis Miller
George Will
Hugh Hewitt
Matt Drudge
Michael Medved

Genuinely stupid and/or insane right wingnuts

Anne Coulter
Glenn Beck #1
Michael Savage
Rush Limbaugh
Sarah Palin
Sean Hannity

http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/267906-republicans-the-blame-goes-on.html

Last edited:
Peggy may believe the rw rhetoric she says but her voice is also of the "sing songy AKA whiney" variety & it drives me up the wall to listen to her just as it does to listen to Bible Spice (Payland)

I think the GOP will have a great chance to win in 2016. I wonder if the same chorus that denounced Nate Silver in 2012 will be singing the same song when/if he predicts a GOP win in 2016 as well?

I think the GOP will have a great chance to win in 2016. I wonder if the same chorus that denounced Nate Silver in 2012 will be singing the same song when/if he predicts a GOP win in 2016 as well?

The GOP will be singing the praises of Nate Silver and his brilliant system.

You’re right about the GOP winning in 2016, it will fall on democrats to be consistent and support Nate’s predictions regardless how gloomy.

Even tho Nate made his bones in 2008, he arrived in 2012.

Anyone who doesn't give a lot of weight to his analysis does so at their own peril.

He owns the rest of the polling establishment :badgrin: I especially like #1 :lol:

1. "Peggy Noonan is someone who is very, very skilled at making bullshit look like some elegant soufflé. She’s very good at rhetoric and argument, but it’s still not grounded in the truth — it all falls apart every four years, but I don’t think she’ll be out of a job any time soon.”
Aint that the truth? She said in 2008 that Obama would make a good President! :lol:

As of today, the GOP has stronger candidates than dems in 2016. They also will have an electorate tiring of eight years of Democratic rule

But they also had the advantage in 2012 and blew it

Will the Republicans endear themselves to Hispanics in the coming immigration debate? I doubt it
Will they improve their standing with younger women? No way
Will the leading GOP candidate avoid embracing issues like the 47% are lazy, banning abortion, increasing tax cuts for the wealthy? I doubt it

Republicans will snatch defeat from an apparently easy victory in 2016

As of today, the GOP has stronger candidates than dems in 2016. They also will have an electorate tiring of eight years of Democratic rule

Will the Republicans endear themselves to Hispanics in the coming immigration debate? I doubt it
Will the leading GOP candidate avoid embracing issues like the 47% are lazy, banning abortion, increasing tax cuts for the wealthy? I doubt it

It'll be the Economy stupid!

Dont think so.....Bush shouldnt have been able to win the Presidency against Gore. But he did.

Dont think so.....Bush shouldnt have been able to win the Presidency against Gore. But he did.

He won by approximately 600 votes in the State of Florida with a third party candidate

The alignment of Red/Blue states works against the Republicans. They are way behind before the election even starts

He lived in a border state and at least tried to get some Hispanic votes which he did I guess.

I like Silver, but that sounds like hubris.

Pride before the fall, and all that.

He won by approximately 600 votes in the State of Florida with a third party candidate

The alignment of Red/Blue states works against the Republicans. They are way behind before the election even starts

Had that douchebag Ralph Nader not run, Gore would have won Florida by a couple ten thousand votes.

Of course, its hard to feel too bad for a guy who lost his home state.

It'll be the Economy stupid!

If that's the case, then Republicans will lose

How long can they milk ...Obama must fail?

Yes; But 600 votes in this case = 100% of the Presidency. The butterfly ballot in W Palm Beach County was the only reason for Bush. It's mind boggling to think of how much worse off we are because of a stupid ballot. But, be that as it may, Gore should have had an Obama sized victory if you look at the election on paper. He had 8 years of peace and prosperity on his side, Bush couldn't (and still can't) speak in complete sentences, and--oh yeah--wasn't that effective a governor in Texas. Yet he still won. I guess what I'm saying is that one shouldn't underestimate the incumbent fatigue that permeates the incumbent party.

As for the alignment; you're 100% correct on that. It would be interesting to see what Christie would do with New Jersey if he were to become the nominee. I don't think the DNC can count on Wisconsin any longer. It is dominated by suburban Chicago (Obama's home) and whomever the Dems nominate in 2016 won't have that sort of stroke in the dairyland.

Had that douchebag Ralph Nader not run, Gore would have won Florida by a couple ten thousand votes.

Of course, its hard to feel too bad for a guy who lost his home state.

Buchanan got too many votes in W Palm due to the ballot quirk. That is what did Gore in more than Nader in my view.

Yes; But 600 votes in this case = 100% of the Presidency. The butterfly ballot in W Palm Beach County was the only reason for Bush. It's mind boggling to think of how much worse off we are because of a stupid ballot. But, be that as it may, Gore should have had an Obama sized victory if you look at the election on paper. He had 8 years of peace and prosperity on his side, Bush couldn't (and still can't) speak in complete sentences, and--oh yeah--wasn't that effective a governor in Texas. Yet he still won. I guess what I'm saying is that one shouldn't underestimate the incumbent fatigue that permeates the incumbent party.

As for the alignment; you're 100% correct on that. It would be interesting to see what Christie would do with New Jersey if he were to become the nominee. I don't think the DNC can count on Wisconsin any longer. It is dominated by suburban Chicago (Obama's home) and whomever the Dems nominate in 2016 won't have that sort of stroke in the dairyland.

The key will be Florida

If Florida turns blue it will be a long time till Republicans see another President. The key to Florida? Hispanic voters. Marco Rubio could carry his own state, few other Republicans can. The upcoming immigration debate will be critical. Can Republicans alienate Hispanics more than they already have?

The key will be Florida

If Florida turns blue it will be a long time till Republicans see another President. The key to Florida? Hispanic voters. Marco Rubio could carry his own state, few other Republicans can. The upcoming immigration debate will be critical. Can Republicans alienate Hispanics more than they already have?

FL is a Republican state. Many Republicans can carry this state.

Forum List

Back