Natalie Wood's death investigation reopened as a homicide

Oops!...
:eusa_eh:
Reporter mistakes impersonator for Christopher Walken
Sun, Nov 20, 2011 - An Associated Press (AP) reporter mistook an impersonator of actor Christopher Walken on a sports-talk radio program on Friday for Walken himself, leading the news cooperative to include comments mistakenly attributed to the actor in its coverage of the Natalie Wood death investigation.
The AP corrected the story about an hour later and told its members not to use the incorrect information. The radio station, -Washington-based ESPN 980, said that the Walken impersonator appears weekly to discuss sports-related topics for a humorous segment. Walken has a distinctive, staccato style of speaking. Walken was sharing a yacht with Wood and her husband, actor Robert Wagner, when the actress drowned on Nov. 29, 1981. The death was ruled an accident. However, this week, authorities in Los Angeles reopened their investigation into Wood’s death based on new information, but said that Wagner was not a suspect.

The Walken impersonator, Marc Sterne, appeared on Friday afternoon on The Sports Fix, an afternoon talk show hosted by Kevin Sheehan and Thom Loverro. ESPN 980 program director Chuck Sapienza said on Friday evening that Sterne has made regular Friday appearances impersonating Walken during the past few football seasons. While playing Walken, Sterne gives fantasy football advice and sometimes discusses other topics. “It’s not set up as real. It’s not like we’re trying to fool anybody,” Sapienza said. “We say it’s the person on the air, but we never believe that someone actually thinks the person’s actually there.”

After the story was published, an AP reporter phoned the station and left a message. A station employee called back to say a Walken impersonator, not the actor, had been on the air. ESPN 980 is owned by Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. During Friday’s appearance, Sheehan asked Sterne about the Wood case. Sterne, impersonating Walken, remarked: “We had a lot to drink that night. There was Sambuca. There was shouting. And then there was tragedy. And that’s all I can remember.” The Walken impersonator added that he went to bed after reading “one of the Hardy Boys novels” and awoke to learn that Wood was dead.

Reporter mistakes impersonator for Christopher Walken - Taipei Times

When this first happened, I always thought Robert Wagner had something to do with it.
Not that I have anything against him really, it just seemed fishy (no pun intended) that he and Natalie had a fight and she disappears...into water, in her nightgown, and she doesn't even know how to swim!
Maybe she was too tipsy to realize what she was doing...but still, if she was afraid of water, and her entire family stated she was.....I can't see her trying to get into a smaller boat.
And then the coroner reported she had 27 bruises on her......I can't imgaine getting that many from accidentally falling overboard. Who knows what they'll come up with.

• Banned
Well, apparently a body can take quite a pummeling on the rocks, which is how I always understood she got the bruises. My friend told me somebody was trying to capitalize on the 30 year anniversary to get publicity for her book, which was a pretty crap thing to do.

Forum List

Back