Nascar

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Alright, I admit it, there is one popular sport I like, racing. The speed, the playing for positions, even the machines, poetry in motion. Haven't seen a thread in here on this sport yet so just tossing it out to see if there are any fans. No, I do not keep up on specific racers or their stats ... yet. But it's on every Saturday and the only clear channel I get finally started showing it (yay!) instead of the usual crap they use to air. So I may start keeping up with it a bit more since Saturdays and Sundays are slow for me.

Oh, and the new bonus is their "spokesperson/mascot" is a 3-D computer generated gopher! Digger, how cool is that?

I'm not into the ovals. I will watch the road races though - much more exciting.

I'm not into the ovals. I will watch the road races though - much more exciting.

Off road would be awesome but I don't have cable. I like the Monster Truck Rallies because of the off road style racing they have sometimes (indoors with tons of dirt, close enough).

I'm a big NASCAR fan, Roush Racing is my team, Ford man... I won a trip through one of my distributors, a Richard Petty Driving experience, 8 laps at 120-MPH at Walt Disney World Speedway, what a rush! Always been a gear and motor head. I've been racing boats for 25 years.

I love all types of racing, F1 is cool. I went to Portland's' CART race like 5 times, road racing is great, only down side is you get such a limited part of the course to view, whereas an oval you get the whole track. Went to Daytona in 2003, hard to see across that monster. Felt a little funny being one of the few not drunk at 8:00 am, what a party!

The last 4 years I got back into drag racing, (Driving Force, the only reality show that I actually watched). Anyone remember SIR's 64, and PIR's 32 (Seattle and Portland) funny car days? All the big tracks had a lot, in CA they used to have 128 funny car events.

I like going to races but I don't care who wins, I just like the party atmosphere. Race fans are some of the best partiers I've ever met.

I'm a big NASCAR fan, Roush Racing is my team, Ford man... I won a trip through one of my distributors, a Richard Petty Driving experience, 8 laps at 120-MPH at Walt Disney World Speedway, what a rush! Always been a gear and motor head. I've been racing boats for 25 years.

I love all types of racing, F1 is cool. I went to Portland's' CART race like 5 times, road racing is great, only down side is you get such a limited part of the course to view, whereas an oval you get the whole track. Went to Daytona in 2003, hard to see across that monster. Felt a little funny being one of the few not drunk at 8:00 am, what a party!

The last 4 years I got back into drag racing, (Driving Force, the only reality show that I actually watched). Anyone remember SIR's 64, and PIR's 32 (Seattle and Portland) funny car days? All the big tracks had a lot, in CA they used to have 128 funny car events.

Well, I'm am far from a "gear head", I know how cars work through the science only, mention brands or names and I am lost. I like speed, going fast and seeing the machines go fast. There is so much more to racing than many will notice, the contests between track, opponent, and self. Going high speed while maintaining control, not getting psyched out when cut off, the mind and body is tested to the max. I do great on racing v-games to, have only raced bikes though. I want to race a sail boat someday, when I learned sailing I caught a gust and with my lead the team managed to get fast, I was only 13 and the thrill and rush of that, turning so sharp you could skim the water with your hand, the uprighting without flipping ... adrenaline ... the joy of actually being able to work as a team ... I miss that.

I was lucky, my dad taught me how to sail long ago, and with our yearly trip to San Juan Island state park, I was on the water on a regular basis when I was very young, so boat racing came as no surprise to my dad. Burning high oil to gas ratio outboards is my one demons (hypocritical) to my environut, greenie meanie side.

This is what almost crashing at 65-67MPH in a 10.5 foot boat looks like:cuckoo:

Attachments

• $oh sh!t_edited.jpg
    $oh sh!t_edited.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 66
I was lucky, my dad taught me how to sail long ago, and with our yearly trip to San Juan Island state park, I was on the water on a regular basis when I was very young, so boat racing came as no surprise to my dad. Burning high oil to gas ratio outboards is my one demons (hypocritical) to my environut, greenie meanie side.

wow ... that's odd, I am against environmentalism but I like the least impactive form of racing on water (sailing) and you are just the opposite ... humorous irony. :lol:

I have seen some F1 and CART races live and I agree - hard to see every turn but the atmosphere is too cool.

There is a group of F1 fans who get together for every race at alternating houses. Not a fun as being there but you can't beat watching it on 46 (or bigger) inch TVs.

Beer is cheaper too.

wow ... that's odd, I am against environmentalism but I like the least impactive form of racing on water (sailing) and you are just the opposite ... humorous irony. :lol:

Chip Hanauer now races sail boats, I assume you know who Hanauer is?

I spent most of my learning years on a catamaran.

Anyone see that old fart, and my personal favorite driver, Mark Martin, school the young 'uns in Phoenix Saturday night? I ended up watching the Blazers get their asses handed to 'em instead of NASCAR, stupid Saturday night race...forgot it was a night race.:(

I have seen some F1 and CART races live and I agree - hard to see every turn but the atmosphere is too cool.

There is a group of F1 fans who get together for every race at alternating houses. Not a fun as being there but you can't beat watching it on 46 (or bigger) inch TVs.

Beer is cheaper too.

I'm not into "ball sports" but almost anytime people are getting together to watch a game it's a good time. I almost enjoy football in that kind of atmosphere. :)

Forum List

Back