NASCAR Decries Indiana Anti-Gay Law

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
Say what you want about the stereotypical NASCAR fans, it's still a large mainstream business, and it's potentially bad PR for large mainstream companies to not support LGBT people these days. At the end of the day businesses want more customers, and you get that by offending as few people as possible.
Not offending gays and lesbians - get your money!!!
ywxrvyiycsvfw0nfzaad.jpg

I'd call it a pro-Christian law.

Since we are talking about two conflicting sets of dogma vying for dominance over each other, the weight goes to the one that is actually a formal religion vs the one that is just a cult.

NASCAR possibly due to their general consumption-type mentality has consumed the wrong message about the pro 1st Amendment law.

It's not an anti gay law. Bloody hell how stupid is everyone right now including freaking NASCAR?

It's a state version of a federal version that Cuomo co sponsored and President Clinton signed in 19 mother trucking 93.

Got that? Federal law in 1993. 20 states have now put RFRA on the books.

Indiana just has a more updated version because of the Hobby Lobby ruling.

All these organizations are going to look like first class idiotic assholes.

:lol:

Talk about knee jerk reactions when they don't understand what the legislation was about to begin with.

Morons.

Okey dokey. that should get all you left/libs/homosexuals going to watch nascar

more money for them

NOTICE FOLKS. the website this came from put it. ANTI homosexual law...SHUN that site they can't even be frikken HONEST

Since we are talking about two conflicting sets of dogma vying for dominance over each other, the weight goes to the one that is actually a formal religion vs the one that is just a cult.

NASCAR possibly due to their general consumption-type mentality has consumed the wrong message about the pro 1st Amendment law.

There is nothing at all Christian about that law. Seriously, people need to read it.

All these organizations are going to look like first class idiotic assholes.

Talk about knee jerk reactions when they don't understand what the legislation was about to begin with.

Morons.

This is just another example of media hype and some politicians jumping on the band wagon.

Say what you want about the stereotypical NASCAR fans, it's still a large mainstream business, and it's potentially bad PR for large mainstream companies to not support LGBT people these days. At the end of the day businesses want more customers, and you get that by offending as few people as possible.
ywxrvyiycsvfw0nfzaad.jpg

Really, that statement didn't come from the fans. You my dear are the stereotypical bigot, thinking you have a right to force others to think like you do

There is nothing at all Christian about that law. Seriously, people need to read it.

I just ran over to the link to stem the flow of blood people are shedding on their support for a flat out lie.

Someone should send a memo to NASCAR. The only smart ones seem to be the NFL. They're doing some thing novel like we did.

They're reading and researching the damn thing.

ywxrvyiycsvfw0nfzaad.jpg

Really, that statement didn't come from the fans. You my dear are the stereotypical bigot, thinking you have a right to force others to think like you do

They keep sending out the memo that "we must assimilate". Pardon my french Steph but fuck them!

I just ran over to the link to stem the flow of blood people are shedding on their support for a flat out lie.

Someone should send a memo to NASCAR. The only smart ones seem to be the NFL. They're doing some thing novel like we did.

Remember last year when the NFL helped stop a Freedom of Discrimination act in Arizona by threatening to pull the Superbowl?

I really don't knowwhy Nascar came out with anything. It's not like the people wailing over this law goes to watch them anyway

ywxrvyiycsvfw0nfzaad.jpg

They keep sending out the memo that "we must assimilate". Pardon my french Steph but fuck them!

I'm too old to have these people tell me what I need to do. and my sentiments exactly. fuck them. they aren't paying for my life, my family and I will do as I damn well please...

NASCAR is a lot more popular than you'd think. I don't follow it but I'd say it's the fifth biggest sports league in America behind the big 4 (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL). Not to mention Jimmie Johnson is from Southern California. It is popular to support LGBT officially.

Forum List

Back