Nascar: Daytona!

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This new track is incredible. :woohoo:

Looking for Clint Boyer or Jaime McMurray to win.

66 laps of 200 complete...it's still anybody's race.

Daytona Sucks!

What a joke. 16 Cautions, 60+ laps run under caution, silly looking pairing up to actually move anywhere in the race.

Every time I checked on the race it was caution or commercial

The Kid who won just happened to be in the front when they came out of another freak'n caution

It is going to kill the sport

Daytona Sucks!

What a joke. 16 Cautions, 60+ laps run under caution, silly looking pairing up to actually move anywhere in the race.

The Kid who won just happened to be in the front when they came out of another freak'n caution

Bah! It just adds a new dimension.

Didn't peg you as a NASCAR fan, RW.

The Kid, Trevor Bayne, raced well all day, he deserved to win with the move he put on Edwards in turn 4. He ran a smart race.

Wish FOX would have given us a replay of the finish...probably on youtube by now.

Going to see if I can hunt it up.

Daytona Sucks!

Yeah theres way too many commercials for my liking on NASCAR. One of the networks did state (or was it admit) that they took a lot of commercials during the middle laps to be able to provide uninterrupted coverage of the last 25 laps one season.

Its almost like professional wrestling now with the rules at the end of the race. I think they're smart enough to fix it but I also think it will come with more injuries to drivers.

What they really need to do is make the damn tracks wider--especially the shorter tracks. The superspeedways can take 2 or even 3 in a turn but if you're ahead at Bristol you're a fool if you let someone pass you because you should be able to block them. That scenario should never happen. Track position is important--its the only thing that matters on the last lap :razz: but it shouldn't be a preventative thing.

I also think that the qualifying should include 2 pit stops and 10 laps (average speeds), and be worth a lot more points than its worth. But thats just me.

Harvick's engine problem did suck, but I thought the race was fantastic.

ESPN race highlights:

[youtube]cm7GGnQ7hmU[/youtube]​

New Topics

Forum List

Back