Nascar: Bristol

Why is Nascar in sports?
It's "Motor Sports". Like Drag Racing and Unlimited Air Racing. Ever race a go-cart? Do 20 laps and you'll find your shoulders and back completely sore the next day! Yeah, you don't have to be an Olympic Athlete to race but you gotta' be in shape.

Oh and Bones, it's now known as the WWE, World Wrestling Entertainment which is more descriptive don't you think? They lost a lawsuit with World Wildlife Fund a few years back over the use of the "WWF" icon.

Why is Nascar in sports?
It's "Motor Sports". Like Drag Racing and Unlimited Air Racing. Ever race a go-cart? Do 20 laps and you'll find your shoulders and back completely sore the next day! Yeah, you don't have to be an Olympic Athlete to race but you gotta' be in shape.

My back and shoulders are completely sore from a day of posting on USMB.

Do you consider that a sport?

Why is Nascar in sports?

My back and shoulders are completely sore from a day of posting on USMB.

Do you consider that a sport?

My right wrist and forearm are really tired from .....oh wait, thats personal, nevermind. :eusa_angel:

i havent watched 'rasslin' in years....me and some buds got wasted and went to a match in johnson city for some reason....

i simply refuse to go to thunder valley for anything but the christmas lights...when thunder valley changed hands a while ago....ooooo all the rednecks got pissed and said they would never support the new owner blah blah blah...new owner states a charity....bristol in light or something....christmas lights....you get to drive on the track for a brief period...the rednecks lined right up...the money goes to children's charities....they have a christmas village...whats not to love....

i havent watched 'rasslin' in years....me and some buds got wasted and went to a match in johnson city for some reason....

i simply refuse to go to thunder valley for anything but the christmas lights...when thunder valley changed hands a while ago....ooooo all the rednecks got pissed and said they would never support the new owner blah blah blah...new owner states a charity....bristol in light or something....christmas lights....you get to drive on the track for a brief period...the rednecks lined right up...the money goes to children's charities....they have a christmas village...whats not to love....

Bristol ruined racing for me. Growing up in Alabama (Birmingham, even, home of the Alabama Gang) I had been to Talladega several times and some of the other big races. But once you go to the night race in Bristol, it's all over. There is nothing else like it.

Now I go to two races each year and that's it. The Indy 500, and Bristol (couldn't make it this weekend though). Those two races, to me, are the pinnacle of racing in America. Daytona, Talladega, The Brickyard Nascar race, even Charlotte....they're all boring in comparison.

And Indy is actually pretty boring after the first 3 laps, until the finish, but there is so much that goes on around the race, especially Carburetion Day, that make it a great week.

Bristol is much the same in that it is a good week-long trip. You can go to 3 races (we rarely do though) plus there is some really good fishing in the South Holston and Watauga and the scenery is beautiful.

While I love coming to Bristol for the races, I prefer the winter trip to Elizabethton. The fish bite much better and the fishing pressure is much less :)

where do you stay? do you camp or what?

bristol use to be a guaranteed sell out...not any more...i think its the economy combined with price gouging...i heard you couldnt get a room for under 200 bucks...and that they are gonna expand bristol raceway to include a camp ground...but you know how rumors are?

do you come into western nc?

Forum List

Back