NASA: Unprecedented melting of Greenland's ice sheet

The FRAUD has so much money that it is easy to PhotoShop whatever. The water on the first photo is swimming pool blue colored water. Water from ice is clear. Nice try...

You don't have the faintest FUCK of an idea what you're talking about. YOU are the one who keeps spewing FUDGE here. If a word comes out of your mouth, it is FUDGE. THAT is a demonstrable FACT.

dasnr_en1_66878.jpg

tumblr_o2p5uqdSl51sfyngeo1_1280.jpg

DSC_0579_v3-e1452554229592.jpg

Greenland-10.jpg

meltwater-rivers.jpg

greenland-meltwater-by-tyler-jones-1_940_520_c1.jpg

dasnr_en3_66874.jpg

images

091022_GreenlandMeltPonds.grid-6x2.jpg

figure1.jpg

perito-moreno-glacier-argentina-amazing-places-to-see-before-you-die.jpg

Show us some pictures of the clear water you claim we ought to be seeing, fool.

Last edited:

Wow, that's how to take facts and make them seem like the exact opposite.

Fact, the Greenland ice sheet has thickened over the last 10,000 years.
Fact, the Greenland ice sheet has grown larger over the last few years.

Put them together and you get the thickening and enlarging of the Greenland ice sheet.

However what is actually happening is a thinning of the Greenland ice sheet over the last few years and the growing in size of the ice sheet because the ice is melting more, then the winds are blowing it outwards to make it larger but thinner.

But hey, if you're sourcing the daily caller, you don't give a damn, right? Facts? Nah, facts are just for making things appear as you wish, not to see the whole of the event that is happening.

Meanwhile, the Vikings were there farming the southern tip of Greenland until the 1400s, when that area went under ice age glacier, and is still under ice age glacier which is now a lot thicker...

so, in total, according to Crick

farmable land is COLDER than ice age glacier...

and THAT is THE IDIOCY of THE FRAUD

Yes, but there's a difference between natural global warming and cooling and man made warming.

Blogger bullshit ain't even good guesses. As to what theories actually ARE, I'd bet a dollar to a donut you don't have a fucking clue.

Theories aren't facts.

Did you have some "facts" that you wanted to present here? Something pertinent to the issue of Greenland's increasing ice melt?

I have to ask how someone can conclude that Clinton, whose relatively modest wealth is the result of the hard work and dedication of her and her husband should be condemned for it and yet Trump, whose funds are result from an inheritance and a lifelong practice of dodging debts, ripping people off and charging top dollar for shoddy, tasteless crap, is considered praiseworthy?http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/someone-call-the-burn-ward.367115/page-43#post-11506845

Theories aren't facts.

Did you have some "facts" that you wanted to present here? Something pertinent to the issue of Greenland's increasing ice melt?

I have to ask how someone can conclude that Clinton, whose relatively modest wealth is the result of the hard work and dedication of her and her husband should be condemned for it and yet Trump, whose funds are result from an inheritance and a lifelong practice of dodging debts, ripping people off and charging top dollar for shoddy, tasteless crap, is considered praiseworthy?

I think it's pertinent to not build premises on pseudo facts.

Theories aren't facts.

I have to ask how someone can conclude that Clinton, whose relatively modest wealth is the result of the hard work and dedication of her and her husband should be condemned for it and yet Trump, whose funds are result from an inheritance and a lifelong practice of dodging debts, ripping people off and charging top dollar for shoddy, tasteless crap, is considered praiseworthy?

There are plenty of facts out there. Problem is any time you introduce them someone will be like "I don't like facts from NASA or whoever else so I'm going to ignore them"

PARROTING more warmer BS is not the same as a photo or video of LIQUID WATER on Greenland....
I'm not parroting anything. I posted a study that shows an alternate reason for the melting. Geothermal melt does exist and has nothing to do with co2. Read past the title.
Dude crack me up. You're not parroting you're just posting someone's bad study. That's what parroting is derp

Theories aren't facts.

There are plenty of facts out there. Problem is any time you introduce them someone will be like "I don't like facts from NASA or whoever else so I'm going to ignore them"
Because you can't prove your stuff as fact. It's easy

PARROTING more warmer BS is not the same as a photo or video of LIQUID WATER on Greenland....
I'm not parroting anything. I posted a study that shows an alternate reason for the melting. Geothermal melt does exist and has nothing to do with co2. Read past the title.
Dude crack me up. You're not parroting you're just posting someone's bad study. That's what parroting is derp
So geothermal melt doesn't exist in your world? Sigh... I guess volcanos are imaginary.

Yes, but there's a difference between natural global warming and cooling and man made warming.

Correct, and that truth starts with this question

WHY does one Earth polar circle, the antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

Anyone who cannot answer that question understands precisely NOTHING about Earth climate change.

Melt-induced speed-up of Greenland ice sheet offset by efficient subglacial drainage
Fluctuations in surface melting are known to affect the speed of glaciers and ice sheets1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7, but their impact on the Greenland ice sheet in a warming climate remains uncertain8. Although some studies suggest that greater melting produces greater ice-sheet acceleration7, 9, others have identified a long-term decrease in Greenland’s flow despite increased melting3. Here we use satellite observations of ice motion recorded in a land-terminating sector of southwest Greenland to investigate the manner in which ice flow develops during years of markedly different melting. Although peak rates of ice speed-up are positively correlated with the degree of melting, mean summer flow rates are not, because glacier slowdown occurs, on average, when a critical run-off threshold of about 1.4 centimetres a day is exceeded. In contrast to the first half of summer, when flow is similar in all years, speed-up during the latter half is 62 ± 16 per cent less in warmer years. Consequently, in warmer years, the period of fast ice flow is three times shorter and, overall, summer ice flow is slower. This behaviour is at odds with that expected from basal lubrication alone7, 9. Instead, it mirrors that of mountain glaciers10, 11, 12, where melt-induced acceleration of flow ceases during years of high melting once subglacial drainage becomes efficient. A model of ice-sheet flow that captures switching between cavity and channel drainage modes13 is consistent with the run-off threshold, fast-flow periods, and later-summer speeds we have observed. Simulations of the Greenland ice-sheet flow under climate warming scenarios should account for the dynamic evolution of subglacial drainage; a simple model of basal lubrication alone misses key aspects of the ice sheet’s response to climate warming.

Melt-induced speed-up of Greenland ice sheet offset by efficient subglacial drainage : Nature : Nature Research

Another one of those counter intuative effects. Interesting science.

Anyone who cannot answer that question understands precisely NOTHING about Earth climate change.

Well... since YOU are the only one on this board who hasn't produced the answer to that asinine question... Our suspicions are confirmed!

Last edited:
Melt-induced speed-up of Greenland ice sheet offset by efficient subglacial drainage
Fluctuations in surface melting are known to affect the speed of glaciers and ice sheets1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7, but their impact on the Greenland ice sheet in a warming climate remains uncertain8. Although some studies suggest that greater melting produces greater ice-sheet acceleration7, 9, others have identified a long-term decrease in Greenland’s flow despite increased melting3. Here we use satellite observations of ice motion recorded in a land-terminating sector of southwest Greenland to investigate the manner in which ice flow develops during years of markedly different melting. Although peak rates of ice speed-up are positively correlated with the degree of melting, mean summer flow rates are not, because glacier slowdown occurs, on average, when a critical run-off threshold of about 1.4 centimetres a day is exceeded. In contrast to the first half of summer, when flow is similar in all years, speed-up during the latter half is 62 ± 16 per cent less in warmer years. Consequently, in warmer years, the period of fast ice flow is three times shorter and, overall, summer ice flow is slower. This behaviour is at odds with that expected from basal lubrication alone7, 9. Instead, it mirrors that of mountain glaciers10, 11, 12, where melt-induced acceleration of flow ceases during years of high melting once subglacial drainage becomes efficient. A model of ice-sheet flow that captures switching between cavity and channel drainage modes13 is consistent with the run-off threshold, fast-flow periods, and later-summer speeds we have observed. Simulations of the Greenland ice-sheet flow under climate warming scenarios should account for the dynamic evolution of subglacial drainage; a simple model of basal lubrication alone misses key aspects of the ice sheet’s response to climate warming.

Melt-induced speed-up of Greenland ice sheet offset by efficient subglacial drainage : Nature : Nature Research

Another one of those counter intuative effects. Interesting science.
:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::2up::2up::2up:

So geothermal melt doesn't exist in your world? Sigh... I guess volcanos are imaginary.
Prove it

Forum List

Back