NASA scientists report the weather

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
With all the recent discussion about the weather changing and how NASA has no part of it, I thought a few links may be in order showing NASA reporting the weather.

CLARS - Mt. Wilson Weather

broadcast.jpg

Crick lives with his foot in his mouth....he is a liar and says whatever he thinks will help him win a point and when it becomes clear that he is wrong, he runs away never to return to the thread.

Like the time he claimed that he could provide observed, measured, evidence that CO2 causes warming in the atmosphere...he ended up posting a graph which didn't and then ran away...classic crick.

A word of advice.

Crybaby threads directed at a single person are correctly taken as an admission that the person they're crying about whupped them badly, and that the crying posters are permanently butthurt over it.

Oh, you failed another way as well. All you showed is that NASA hires someone to make forecasts for Cape Canaveral. You still haven't shown in any way that NASA makes global weather forecasts. Crick was right, and you two butthurt losers are wrong.

A word of advice.

Crybaby threads directed at a single person are correctly taken as an admission that the person they're crying about whupped them badly, and that the crying posters are permanently butthurt over it.

Oh, you failed another way as well. All you showed is that NASA hires someone to make forecasts for Cape Canaveral. You still haven't shown in any way that NASA makes global weather forecasts. Crick was right, and you two butthurt losers are wrong.

As you can see hairball, this isn't the case, but no one really expected you to understand the post anyway....let me see if I can draw you a real simple picture that you can understand....crick claimed that NASA didn't report on the weather....clearly he was wrong....the only one who got spanked was crick....and now you for being to stupid to understand the purpose of the post.

By the way skidmark....cricks claim had nothing to do with global weather...he simply stated that nasa didn't report on weather....he was wrong...and now you are wrong....and a liar, but what else is new?

Doubling down on your big lie doesn't make it any less dishonest or ridiculous, you know.

That's right, NASA hired someone to forecast Cape Canaveral weather, hence it means they're forecasting weather for the whole world. You go with that. After all, it's not like honesty is an option for you.

A word of advice.

crybaby threads? Yes, another moot point by maMOOT, how about "crybaby" posts, which simply mean you got your ass handed to you in every other post you ran from.

When I made this post I did not even think of crick? Not at all, but it was not hard to find a weather "report", by NASA. And of course let us not forget what Global Warming studies are, WEATHER REPORTS!

Yep, when confronted with irrefutable facts, maMOOT makes a moot point.

If NASA hires somebody? Then are they not an employee of NASA, so moot, you are saying that NASA does weather forecasts? And just so you know, what I posted is specific, it is a "report", not a "forecast".

Doubling down on your big lie doesn't make it any less dishonest or ridiculous, you know.

That's right, NASA hired someone to forecast Cape Canaveral weather, hence it means they're forecasting weather for the whole world. You go with that. After all, it's not like honesty is an option for you.
Honesty? Who ever said NASA foretasted weather for the whole world? So let us talk about your honesty, moot. This thread does not say that, nor can you find a post, anywhere that I have stated that NASA forecasts weather for the whole weather.

I think the exchange was someone stated that NASA did not forecast any weather at all, and I simply said yes, they do. They forecast Hurricanes.

So moot, do you care for the truth or are you a simply mistaken, or now that you know the truth will you ignore this thread and let your comments stand as the comments from a liar?

Hurricanes/Tropical Cyclones
NASA Sees Winston Winding Down Near Norfolk Island

Winston is forecast to move to the south-southwest and stay far to the south of New Caledonia. As it moves, it is expected to weaken and become sub-tropical south of New Caledonia within the next day.
Rob Gutro
NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center

winston-npp-516_0.jpg

Man, you're fooking desperate.

NASA clearly stated they did not do weather forecasts, that they only collect data and make it available to the public

The original conflict was your claim that snow in March refuted the claims of NASA and the IPCC. I pointed out that snow in March was a weather issue and that neither entity did weather forecasts. You then attempted to refute me by showing us statements and web pages that you claimed were NOAA and the IPCC giving weather forecasts. As might be expected for several reasons, those claims failed completely.

That's what has happened here. Man, you need to learn when to just drop something. A more fruitful argument might have been to challenge my characterization of the March snow as weather.

Last edited:

NASA clearly stated they did not do weather forecasts, that they only collect data and make it available to the public

The original conflict was your claim that snow in March refuted the claims of NASA and the IPCC. I pointed out that snow in March was a weather issue and that neither entity did weather forecasts. You then attempted to refute me by showing us statements and web pages that you claimed were NOAA and the IPCC giving weather forecasts. As might be expected for several reasons, those claims failed completely.

That's what has happened here. Man, you need to learn when to just drop something. A more fruitful argument might have been to challenge my characterization of the March snow as weather.
Hey, go to that thread and make you claim, Crick. I am simply showing here exactly what NASA does. Sorry you think everything has to be about you. You are small baby fish, crick.

Neither NASA nor the IPCC are "defied" by the snow in the Sierra NEVADAs. You lose.

The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is a federally funded research and development center and NASA field center located in La Cañada Flintridge, California and Pasadena, California, United States.

The JPL is managed by the nearby California Institute of Technology (Caltech) for NASA. The laboratory's primary function is the construction and operation of planetary robotic spacecraft, though it also conducts Earth-orbit and astronomy missions. It is also responsible for operating NASA's Deep Space Network.

Among the laboratory's current major active projects are the Mars Science Laboratory mission (which includes the Curiosity rover), the Cassini–Huygens mission orbiting Saturn, the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity, the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, the Dawnmission to the dwarf planet Ceres and asteroid Vesta, the Juno spacecraft en route to Jupiter, the NuSTAR X-ray telescope, and theSpitzer Space Telescope. They are also responsible for managing the JPL Small-Body Database, and provides physical data and lists of publications for all known small Solar System bodies.

The JPL's Space Flight Operations Facility and Twenty-Five-Foot Space Simulator are designated National Historic Landmarks.

Somewhere I seem to have missed the weather forecasting you claim they're doing.

That's a cute little graphic there. Where's the prediction?

Oh, and BTW, you might want to visit Virtual Weather Station and check out the source for the software that made that graphic from a personal weatherstation. NASA had nothing to do with that display beyond shelling out a hundred bucks or so to Amazon to buy the kit.

How many joke threads are you gonna start here dude?

Last edited:

but dude, I did ask once awhile back for you to state where climate has changed since the 80s. it's been crickets. I stopped asking and that's on me. But hey, here we are again, snow is weather in March and has been weather in March since you were born. No change.

What's wrong with you people? On both sides here. NOAA is officially TASKED as a "weather operation". It's their primary mission.. And NASA has similar charters for Space Weather reporting systems.

These are their PRIMARY "environmental tasks".. GW is just their hobby... :badgrin:

Don't look at "you people". Look at Elektra. He's the one with the NASA weather prediction obsession
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is a federally funded research and development center and NASA field center located in La Cañada Flintridge, California and Pasadena, California, United States..........

............Somewhere I seem to have missed the weather forecasting you claim they're doing.
You should quote what you claim I say, otherwise you appear to be a liar.

JPL Table Mountain Facility Weather

broadcast.jpg

AS I have already told you, this graphic is from a commercial weather program - that's their logo in the upper left corner. It takes data from off-the-shelf home weather stations. And, as I also pointed out earlier, it is simply reporting current data. It is NOT doing predictions.

Don't look at "you people". Look at Elektra. He's the one with the NASA weather prediction obsession
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is a federally funded research and development center and NASA field center located in La Cañada Flintridge, California and Pasadena, California, United States..........

............Somewhere I seem to have missed the weather forecasting you claim they're doing.
You should quote what you claim I say, otherwise you appear to be a liar.

JPL Table Mountain Facility Weather

broadcast.jpg

AS I have already told you, this graphic is from a commercial weather program - that's their logo in the upper left corner. It takes data from off-the-shelf home weather stations. And, as I also pointed out earlier, it is simply reporting current data. It is NOT doing predictions.

Yep, NASA is using that product to report the weather at their stations, it is not data, it is weather information. Data would be something a computer uses in its processor. This on the other hand is Temperature, Wind Speed, what us normal folk call weather. Yes I noticed the logo, and seeing how you drew attention to it, why do you thing they call it Ambient? Is it Ambient data? No, not at all, it is Ambient Weather from the VWS? Which is Virtual Weather Station, not virtual data station.

Hey, here is another really great one for you to bounce around you skull, Crick, my thread title states Nasa Scientist Report the Weather. There is nowhere in this thread that I have used the word, "Prediction" or any form of the word prediction.

But while you are paying attention, explain what this link, leads to and if this is forecasting or reporting the weather.

Hurricanes/Tropical Cyclones

The once Category 5 Tropical Cyclone Winston was winding down when NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP satellite passed over it early on Feb. 25 is it continued weakening in the South Pacific. Now sub-tropical, Winston was threatening Australia's Norfolk Island with tropical-storm-force winds.

Forum List

Back