NASA Proving the Triumph of Science

Those of you who deny the truths that science has discovered (evolution deniers, global warming deniers and the like) can right now, turn on your TV's and see the proof that science is the way to discover the truth. Turn on the NASA channel and watch the dramatic live feed of the retrofitting of the Hubble Space Telescope. Every thing you will see is proof that science has triumphed over myth and ignorance.

What is science trying to figure out ? I hope they are working on why humans can think and what purpose it serves

calling global warming a "con" but presenting no evidence of such.
It matters not how much evidence is presented to you, you ignore it completely. Or, say it comes from "big oil."

You're not interested in the truth. Like every other religious zealot, you just stick to the dogma, facts be damned. You're just a waste of bandwidth here and a waste of rational folks' time.

Those of you who deny the truths that science has discovered (evolution deniers, global warming deniers and the like) can right now, turn on your TV's and see the proof that science is the way to discover the truth. Turn on the NASA channel and watch the dramatic live feed of the retrofitting of the Hubble Space Telescope. Every thing you will see is proof that science has triumphed over myth and ignorance.

What is science trying to figure out ? I hope they are working on why humans can think and what purpose it serves

No kidding. The Hubble is presenting looking at things BILLIONS of LIGHT YEARS away... it may not even BE there anymore... and on top of that, our technology will need another thousand years of progress before we could even THINK about space travel that's FEASIBLE. Space is a VERY dangerous place for a human. The radiation levels alone can kill you, quick. So aside from man developing some way to space travel that we'd look at as MAGIC right now, we ain't goin' anywhere NEAR any of that outer space stuff... so what do we bother wasting ALL THAT MONEY looking at it for?

I am considered a "technist", love tech above all else, and I was tempted to move this to the Flame Zone. Without the myths we have no kick in the pants to explore in the first place. It is dreams that advance us the furthest, so this is just ... well ... lame. But the telescope itself is worthy of discussion.

Oh, global warming is a con.

Why did you move it at all? Is the Hubble mission not a current event? You don't like my point and considered denigrating it as an attack worthy of the Flame Zone? But reserve the right for yourself to throw in your own attack calling global warming a "con" but presenting no evidence of such.

if you have an issue with moderation, please take it up via a PM to a member of the staff per board rules.

thanks

How do I send a private message? I can see what private messages have been sent to me but I can't figure out how to send one. Sorry I'm so 'non-tech savey'.

No kidding. The Hubble is presenting looking at things BILLIONS of LIGHT YEARS away... it may not even BE there anymore... and on top of that, our technology will need another thousand years of progress before we could even THINK about space travel that's FEASIBLE. Space is a VERY dangerous place for a human. The radiation levels alone can kill you, quick. So aside from man developing some way to space travel that we'd look at as MAGIC right now, we ain't goin' anywhere NEAR any of that outer space stuff... so what do we bother wasting ALL THAT MONEY looking at it for?

Looking billions of light years into the universe is the same as looking billions of years into the past. The light that the hubble will be able to collect is light from the first moments after the big bang. It may help us understand the nature of the universe and the world in which we live. It's called learning.

Ignorance is indeed bliss, but it is still ignorance.

Forum List

Back