NASA chief has perfect comeback to Ted Cruz's attack on Earth science

R

rdean

I think we should focus on
1. Building a planetary space ship that can be used like a navialship to transport people back & forth from the moon and mars. Unlimited trips.
2. Getting a base on the moon and mars.
3. funding telescopes that can find more extrasolar planets and figure out rather we're alone or not.

Maybe 4. Land on a moon that has an underground ocean. ;) Europa, Ganymede or Titan???

1. Building a planetary space ship that can be used like a navialship to transport people back & forth from the moon and mars. Unlimited trips.
3. funding telescopes that can find more extrasolar planets and figure out rather we're alone or not.

Maybe 4. Land on a moon that has an underground ocean. ;) Europa, Ganymede or Titan???
But forget about earth? We live here. I think we need to protect what is already here. Not fight to make it as filthy as possible.

Besides, today's Republicans are so anti science, I wonder if they even believe "space" exists.

How do you know these haven't already been done?

People surprise me, they really do. They naturally make the assumption that do know, that they would know, and that they have known that their government would necessarily share all of the technology and all of the secrets of what they are doing with the public tax monies. What a hoot.

TR-3 Black Manta - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

ciencia_extratech07.gif

Secret Government Technology and The TR-3B

How do you know these haven't already been done?

People surprise me, they really do. They naturally make the assumption that do know, that they would know, and that they have known that their government would necessarily share all of the technology and all of the secrets of what they are doing with the public tax monies. What a hoot.

TR-3 Black Manta - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

ciencia_extratech07.gif

Secret Government Technology and The TR-3B

Huh?

When people do great things, they want to show them off. I was at NASA for two weeks working on a cone calorimeter. I got swept up a half dozen times to witness something that was being worked on that wasn't "classified". A rocket fuel that wasn't supposed to spark. A canvas rocket fire couldn't burn. A few other things. Out there in the desert, they had no one to "see". So they came and grabbed us. Just like anyone else, they want other to see their achievements.

Before we start sending humans to Mars, we should establish a permanent human presence on the Moon. But the goal should be to diversify the human species to guard against our annihilation. Space stations, lunar settlements, Martian colonies should all be priorities now. More places we can 'seed' the human race, less likely our extinction becomes.

I think we should concentrate on contact with the more advanced extra-terrestrials that have already been here. They already know how to get to planets that are worth going to. There's all kinds of evidence of these beings, like Puma Punku and the Nazca Lines. I've been within 100 feet of a UFO, so I know they're still here.
We need to stop wasting money on dead planets, and go to ones that have life smarter than us. Worm hole travel is probably the answer.

But forget about earth? We live here. I think we need to protect what is already here. Not fight to make it as filthy as possible.

Besides, today's Republicans are so anti science, I wonder if they even believe "space" exists.
Besides, today's Republicans are so anti science, I wonder if they even believe "space" exists
yet the guy you are badmouthing wants to explore that "space"....the only reason you are bringing this up dean is because the guy does not agree with you....if this was a democrat saying this you would be saying he has a point....

I am all for exploring space, much excited about the current observations of Ceres, Pluto, and the comet that Rosetta is riding. But, at present, Earth is the only home we have. And that home is experiancing rapid changes. Changes that could be very dangerous to our present civilization. We need to understand as much as possible abount our present home, and the changes that it is undergoing.

The present antipathy of the GOP toward studying the Earth is entirely based on their perception that the knowledge gained will show that we are doing even more damage than we thought. And that would not please the GOP's present owners.

Forum List

Back